• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► How to give this gift

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

How should I Give her the Gift?

• Let her find it in my coat pocket when she takes my coat

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Let her take it off me when she notices it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please post if you have an idea)

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riku's New Look

The Land of The Fallen Angels (Houston, TX)
Website
www.angelscraft.proboards85.com
OK, I have this gift, a White Gold Diamond star necklace I bought for my girlfriend. Yeah, I know, uber expensive. But stars are her favorite shape. So thats why I got it. Anyway.
Do you think I should leave it in my coat pocket (she takes my coat a lot) and let her find it herself, wear it and let her take it from me (like I know she would), or what?
If you have any better idea's, please post it.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
The manner of gift giving is unimportant when you're giving a gift this big/expensive

Just say 'I was out shopping and saw something i thought you may like...', present the package and voila...sorted

Riku's New Look

Website
Just give it to her somehow, it would be awkward if she found it herself.
But that wouldn't be as romantic, would it? Just to hand it to her and say "Here ya go. Thought you might like it." That would kinda ruin the moment, Dontcha think?
I want it to be something special. Or I could convince her mother to lend me the key to the house and for her to take my GF, Melanie, out to dinner or something while I come over, sneak into the house using the key her mother gave me and either leave the box on her bed, dresser, or something, or leave a note on the door and then leave little clues all around the room until she finally finds it somewhere like her sock drawer or under her pillow or something.
But I'm not sure that her mother would like that very much xD
BTW, the gift wasn't that expensive. I actualy have a friend of mine that gave me a discount on it, she used her employee discount. Anyway, I only spent about $50 on it, but I'm looking for the biggest and best reaction I can out of this.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The pocket thing wouldn't work. She wouldn't search your pockets, would she?

I think you should try and put it somewhere she always looks.

Riku's New Look

Website
The pocket thing wouldn't work. She wouldn't search your pockets, would she?

I think you should try and put it somewhere she always looks.
Ever since our first date she has taken my black suede jacket and looked in all the pockets and taken out everything to examine it. It started when she found a pair of black wool gloves and took them xD Its so cute watching her poke around. Its like she is a cat. But we are getting off subject here.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
Well if she finds it in your pockets, it would seem as if you didn't get a chance to give it to her, plus it would be a bit unbelievable if you said that it was all part of the plan.

Or you could ask her mother to put it on her bed along with some sort of note (sneaking in is a bit rude).

Riku's New Look

Website
lol, she knows how elaborate my
plans can get, and she knows that I know she always steals my coat, thats why I always wear it.
And yeah, I could do that, but then it wouldn't be as fun, now would it? I wanna know exactly where the clues would be (assuming that there are more than one clue) and it would just be so fun, and hearing her reaction.... it just sounds so bubbly.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
lol, she knows how elaborate my
plans can get, and she knows that I know she always steals my coat, thats why I always wear it.
And yeah, I could do that, but then it wouldn't be as fun, now would it? I wanna know exactly where the clues would be (assuming that there are more than one clue) and it would just be so fun, and hearing her reaction.... it just sounds so bubbly.

Stick with that then ... : )

Riku's New Look

Website
The clues thing, now that i think about it, I'm sure she'd appreciate that you would have put a lot of thought and effort into giving her this gift.
yeah, thats what I'm thinking about: her reaction to it. I want her to be able to look back on it and go "damn, that was good." or something along those lines.

Jolts

This is an easy one. Either give it to with a romantic card or (i'm serious) if you want to get elaborate put it in a fortune cookie and have the fortune say something cool to her. But make sure you're on a date to give it to her because if it's at annother kid's party or at school it would ruin the moment.

Erebus Kronos

Godess of the Titan's
I like the jacket idea. I really do. I think it would be a cute idea if she really likes to dig through your jacket that much. Just put the necklace in a really nice box (a black velvet one or white) with a bow (red or white). To make it better put one of those tags that say, "Just for you" , "I love you". or a personal message from you, (that would make it even better if it was a person message). She will remember it for sure. For a long time she'll think of what you did just for her.

Riku's New Look

Website
TO Jolts: She and I don't go to the same school. IN fact she goes to our rival school. So, some of my class mates (and hers too) are like "traitor". lol

To Total Darkness: yeah, I was planning on it. Right now its in a black cardboard box that has an image of a white bow on it, and if I HAVE to give it to her like that then you better believe that there is a personal message with it. Its gonna be something poetic. like"Of all the stars in the sky I'm glad I chose you when I wished for happiness" What do you think about that?

Erebus Kronos

Godess of the Titan's
Awww, thats really good. She'll love it! Trust me. She WILL remember it.

I think it's kind of funny how most of these posts are guys saying what the girl will do or want. xD I think you need female opinions mostly on this one.

Riku's New Look

Website
Awww, thats really good. She'll love it! Trust me. She WILL remember it.

I think it's kind of funny how most of these posts are guys saying what the girl will do or want. xD I think you need female opinions mostly on this one.
Ditto. I mean, apparently I know what should be done, but thats only because 95% of my friends are girls. I only have 5 true friends that are guys and 100+ that are girls. So I tend to act more feminine, and to tell ya the truth I sway like a girl does when she walks. I have to really concentrate not to. Its so humilating. :blushing:

Erebus Kronos

Godess of the Titan's
Good. It looks like yu have your problems solved. Good luck!

Some women like a guy that has some feminine in him. Well as long as you can swat spiders. Are you up to that task?

Riku's New Look

Website
Good. It looks like yu have your problems solved. Good luck!

Some women like a guy that has some feminine in him. Well as long as you can swat spiders. Are you up to that task?
lol, yeah. But funny you should mention that. She is afraid of Spiders and Gnomes (much like some people are afraid of clowns).

While the only thing that I'm afraid of is Heights. Deathly afraid *shivers* I pass out past 4 stories and I get dizzy at 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back