• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mystery Girl ≠ Aqua

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

bittermeat

デザートタイ&#
Website
heartstation.org
Sorry about this!! Thanks for VAT13 for sending me the clip and interview!!

Hi guys. I've noticed many posts wondering about why magazines refer to the girl known commonly as "Aqua" as Mystery Girl. This bothered me, since if her name was ever announced in an interview, than surely she would be labeled correctly. I thought personally, perhaps its a translation error?

So to find an answer, I searched reported interviews and checked older magazine scans. So far I have not found any reason to believe her name is Aqua. And on that account, any character named Aqua.

Here are bits I have gathered:

Famitsu Magazine Interview (September 2007)

Interviewer: In the story it's said that there are "Three Scenarios by Three Heroes". Is there a relation between each scenario?
Nomura: There are three Heroes: Terra, Ven, and another character in Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep.

Famitsu Magazine Scans (October 2007)

mysterygirl01.jpg

(Translation of this)

mysterygirl03.jpg

(Translation of this)

So I am curious since so many people seem sure that this is someone's name. If you have a link to an interview or scan mentioning this, please send it to me or post it here! But until there is proof of her name, I think it is silly to call her Aqua.

Last edited:
V

V.A.T.13

Erm...Did you read all the interviews yet?
here: YouTube - Kingdom Hearts 3: First Cutscene: Terra's Awakening
Kana for Aqua: A-KU-A

And heres the interview:
The Lingering Sentiment is the same as the armored youth in the movie, but when he fights Sora he mentions "Aqua" and "Ven". Are those the names of the other 2?
Nomura: Yes, the blue haired girl is Aqua

Now, either Nomura is trying to keep a secret he already revealed, the magazine hasn't read this interview yet, or Nomura changed Aqua's name.

bittermeat

デザートタイ&#
Website
heartstation.org
Erm...Did you read all the interviews yet?
here: YouTube - Kingdom Hearts 3: First Cutscene: Terra's Awakening
Kana for Aqua: A-KU-A

And heres the interview:

Now, either Nomura is trying to keep a secret he already revealed, the magazine hasn't read this interview yet, or Nomura changed Aqua's name.

!! Thank you for posting this!!

It seems strange, but I didn't find this when I searched. It should be posted in the interview section of KHInsiders so it is easy to find.

Now this is all so confusing! It doesn't make any sense why the magazines would call her 'Mystery Girl'.

:confused:

V

V.A.T.13

Exactly. Thats whats bugging people.
Although it could be that Nomura changed her name.

Or he's trying to keep a secret but sucks at it.

bittermeat

デザートタイ&#
Website
heartstation.org
Exactly. Thats whats bugging people.
Although it could be that Nomura changed her name.

Or he's trying to keep a secret but sucks at it.

An name change doesn't seem likely to me. As ridiculous as it sounds, perhaps the people working on the magazines haven't done their research. I suppose it could also be that they were asked not to associate the girl known as Aqua from the cut scenes, with the girl from the illustration.

Which is an odd request, but I can't think of a better reason.

V

V.A.T.13

Well Nomura himself also calls, who we assume is Aqua, a "mystery person".
But months ago, he confirmed her name. :/

risingfalls

Disjoin Remorse From Power
Hmmm...think he was drunk when he announced the name and totally forgot he announced the name so now he refers to her as mystery girl...?
Maybe Nomura is just trying to screw with our minds, making us want the game b/c we want to know what is so mysterious about her...again, marketing strategy.
Or maybe they just changed her name and haven't come up with anything new yet.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
I still say he forgot that he said her name and is trying to act like it's a mystery now to cover up his screw up. The scan (in Japanese) does say Girl of Mystery/unknown to some effect so it could also be that he is considering changing her name, for what reasons I don't know.

Also the magazine itself could be wrong..maybe they didn't get the memo.

sunkiss

Awards
Website
www.mudkipz.ws
Maybe the illustration isn't really Aqua. It could be a look-alike. Just like Roxas and Ven. And the mystery girl could be Member XIV...gee, I dunno.

V

V.A.T.13

It's latin for wind, and nomura said they're names mean land, water, and wind.

JayXIII

JayXIII I hate to say it but I told you so!!(this is from a conversation JayXIII and I had)

Told me what. Read the last post. There are more people than just me who read the interview. And if i ever stop being lazy and go look for it than ill say I told YOU so. haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back