• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Night Terrors

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
So, as some of you know, Night Terrors are a very common thing for me to experience. I'm not particularly bothered by them anymore, ( unless it's a waking Night Terror, which at that point I'm completely unable to tell the difference between it being real or not, ) and even now as I come for some advice, it doesn't really bug me.

Now, I've been having a similar waking night terror for the past few nights or so. It usually involves me notcing this big blanket ghost ( no really, it's like that kid from Charlie Brown who always gets a rock. Just less holes, ) running into my room. I'm get really freaked out and jump out of my bed and will start beating it down.

When I finish beating the shit out of this blanket, I usually awaken. The blanket I was beating on was my own.

Now normally this doesn't bug me, but like I said this is a waking night terror, which takes place during the time I'm waking up. So at first I'm still in a trance, even though everythings fine. Then I'll come out of the trance as I fully awaken. This creates problems because it's really hard to differentiate it from reality.

Once I wake up from it, I'm usually pretty fucking spooked. I'll slowly wander outside my room turning on the hallway lights before going back to my room to lie back down and fall asleep. I'll usually open my eyes once and a while to confirm it wasn't real.

So, anyone else have similiar experiences.

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards
I haven`t had anything like this but I would talk to a Therapist (I`m serious) about it or something.

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
Nightmares are what happens in your dreams.

Night terrors are when you are on the brink of waking up.

I experiance them alot also.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Yeah I actually had one like once once when I thought a pack of blood-sucking monsters that I couldn't identify were out to get me.

Cissy

Bronze Member
Yeah, have these all the time.

I'm normally half-awake half-asleep most of the day, anyway.

I can't really remember any particular ones that I've had, but usually they're never too bad to where I'm spooked. They're just...weird. Like I had no idea what was going on a few seconds ago, and my memory gets very foggy.

Awards
Apparently the vast majority of people don't remember their dreams, nightmares or nightmares. At the same time, most people don't often have Lucid dreams AND remember them. I am the expection.

Oh god I am a freak.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
I had night terrors when I was little. It was about gnomes with knifes and axes and they were walking towards me. Whether I was sleeping or opening my eyes (awake, shocker!), they were still there.

Well, what it is is the work of your brain. Dont be afraid to ask advice at a psychologist. Their job is to help people like you get rid of these problems.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
When I finish beating the shit out of this blanket, I usually awaken. The blanket I was beating on was my own.

For a moment, when I read that, instead of beating the shit out. I could've sworn reading eating the shit out of.

Remembering dreams are not really something you want to do most of the time. Not all of them are pretty but for me they are all weird. None of them make sense, dreaming is supposed to release the feelings that you keep inside. That is what I read anyway.

Darkness of White

Wow it's been a long time
Website
lighthearts.proboards104.com
Years ago, my mom taught me how to get myself out of nightmares and stuff. It was a one time thing, and once I did it, it came naturally. I talk myself out of dreams like that, or I say it's just a dream, usually actually talking, and then I take control, melting what ever was bothering me or something and I go on to make it a good dream.

The way my mom tought me how to do this was I was in the middle of a nightmare when I was little and he came up and told me it was just a dream over and over again until I was out of it.

Maybe if someone is around you when you are having one of your night terrors, they could do the same, say to you it's only a dream until you are out of it. I don't know if this will help you much, but I am hoping it might. Good luck!

A.FIRE.INSIDE

I used to get them pretty often. I would wake up pretty much sweating and my heart would be racing. And they seemed so real, that's why I can remember them! They mostly occurred shortly after I nearly drowned for the second time. I had dreams that related to water a lot.

Sometimes a vivid imagination isn't so great >:

KH3 for the wii

When I was about 7 I had tons of them. I was in a really scary place and the only way our was through a basement. (which I was scared of at the time) But then whenever I would try to go down to teh basement, a Giant Clown face would come and scream. My parents though I was crazy because I was screaming my head off while asleep and I didn't wake up or stop screaming for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back