• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

iPhone/iPod Touch way!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OneWingedAngel45

I use my 1st Gen iPod Touch alot and I really like going to KHI on it but I would like it so much better if they made a mobile KHI for iPhone/iPod Touch users. It just bothers me sometimes lol. What do you think about this tiny issue? Should they make it or not?

Last edited:

Neqailaz

I live with 8 people crammed into a 3 bedroom house. How do you think I feel?

OneWingedAngel45

If you're talking about mobile-friendly version of just the forum, you're in luck. vBulletin comes with a stripped down display mode for printing and low-resolution devices. If you just point your browser at http://forums.khinsider.com/archive/index.php, you'll get it - no extra work involved.

Really? Wow I never knew that...I mean they could have done way better but hey it's better than nothing right? I just hope they either make it better or make one for iPod Touch or iPhone Safari. But still thanks for the info I really appreciate it.

EDIT: Well...the links just take you to the actual page how you would see it in any other browser so yea they should make it a bit better.

Petie

Awards
Website
www.spriters-resource.com
I'm not sure you understand where that link is actually bringing you. That's a feature that comes with the forum - not one that the staff here made.

I'm also not sure you understand what goes into making a mobile site. It's nowhere near as simple as making a normal site, especially in this case where you want pre-existing software to be modified to display on a mobile screen.

There's one thing I'm not getting though. Both the iPhone and the iPod Touch use the same browser - a browser designed to render web pages exactly how your computer does so I'm not really sure why, especially in the case of iPhone/iPod Touch users, there would be any need for a mobile version of the site (which is exactly what that archive link is - mobile sites, by nature, are very stripped down).

I don't mean to criticize here but either I'm missing something in your post of you're missing something in the meaning of a mobile site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back