• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► More than a friend?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Key Kaliber

One of my best friends asked me if i thought we could ever be more than just friends, and i'm really not sure what to tell him because of these factors:

1. He's a great friend.
2. Not sure that i see him as being more than that yet.
3. I've just gotten out of a 2-year relationship with someone else.
4. He's just gotten out of a long-distance relationship.

I hardly knew my previous boyfriend when we first started out, and that didn't go too well. So i'm thinking maybe this could be better since we started out as good friends.

My friends have all said "why not?" and other such things like "you guys have a great friendship which is always a good start."

But i need a second opinion, and maybe third, fourth and so on. What should I do/tell him? Should we give it a shot? Any general advise? Plz and thanx :D

Baiser!

Website
www.myspace.com
Eh, the general worry here would be "if we break up, it might ruin our friendship"
but if you have a lot of faith in your friendship, and you see some possibility there
for a romantic relationship, then there shouldn't be much holding you back from letting
the relationship grow. One suggestion (since you say you both got out of a
relationship RECENTLY) is waiting awhile. If you've been friends for a while, waiting
a bit to go into a romantic relationship shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Also you said you don't know if you see him more as that YET
the best idea would to be testing that, allowing yourself to try and get to that level.
Go on a date-- couple of dates, see if there's a spark of infatuation.

faith, patience, and building chemistry
once you got that down, go for it. :]

GlaneTheMuffin

Go for it!
Well, when your ready, that is.
If you're as good friends as you say you are, he should understand if you want to make sure saying 'yes' is the right choice.
Don't say yes because he wants you to say it. Say it if you know YOU want to say it.
When you're ready, try going on a few dates and see what happens. If they turn out great, you've got a great opportunity! If they don't, well.....
anyway, I wish you the best of luck!

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Go for it, you have nothing to lose.

And that "friendship ruining" stuff is complete and total bullshit. If you 2 really are great friends, it won't change anything.

Trimms

I've got to agree with everyone else that there's nothing to lose. If you've reached that point as friends, it shouldn't matter what happens in the end.

Just imagine how happy it will make him if you do go out with him... it seems like every time I go befriends a girl, then after many a month or year finally tells them his feelings, it never works out. It would be nice to see change!

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
I'm nearly in a same situation....
You should try it, and if it doesn't work out, it's okay. You can still be friends. :D

C

Colours

It wouldn't feel right, when your in a relationship with your Best Friend. They already know everything about you, and it's to obvious. Plus it wouldn't feel right to date you BF. ((=3

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Now I wouldn't say that, Phil, there's still a possibility that it could work out.
Many relationships happen among best friends so it's possible.

Honestly it's nice when the person you like or vice versa knows you quite well, reduces the effort of getting to know them.

I'd say go for it, you were best friends from the start so if all doesn't go well what do you have to lose?

C

Colours

Now I wouldn't say that, Phil, there's still a possibility that it could work out.
Many relationships happen among best friends so it's possible.

Honestly it's nice when the person you like or vice versa knows you quite well, reduces the effort of getting to know them.

I'd say go for it, you were best friends from the start so if all doesn't go well what do you have to lose?

Maybe.
As for me, it wouldn't work out.<333

Key Kaliber

You should touch his penis.
Have you not had a girl touch your penis? It helps with everything.

If your not going to be serious about this why say anything at all?

As for everyone else, thank you. I think we'll go for it. I've talked to him about it and he says he's pretty serious about it. He's also been a gentleman and is ok with my being unsure and is willing to wait. I think we'll be alright if it doesn't work out, since we're such good friends and several people here have encouraged this. so thanx everybody, i wish you all the best :D

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
I wish you luck, KK. :D I really hope it works out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back