• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FIRST ENGLISH RE: COM SCENE!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Audo

Bringing that up reminded me. And scared me.
If he's so distasteful on a normal script...
I was referring to DiZ. =/

I pray. I really do. They could do the whole "These are just side games, who's gonna notice/care?" thing, which is what it seems like they did for Re:CoM.
I doubt they would ever do that for the handheld games. Re:CoM really just seemed like a rush job that they felt they required to promote Days. I'd hope they'd give the cutscenes at least as much care as they do for the Japanese versions.

Awards
I was referring to DiZ. =/

I doubt they would ever do that for the handheld games. Re:CoM really just seemed like a rush job that they felt they required to promote Days. I'd hope they'd give the cutscenes at least as much care as they do for the Japanese versions.

Ah, well specify heh. I have a different mindset when you say "Ansem" in CoM.

As I said in the other topic, my fear is that they don't care for some clear reasons.

Cissy

Bronze Member
I'm both concerned for Diz and Ansem.

We've heard Epcar, and hopefully but now I'm starting to wonder he's practiced more or whatnot, but as for this new guy...

A

Audo

Ah, well specify heh. I have a different mindset when you say "Ansem" in CoM.

As I said in the other topic, my fear is that they don't care for some clear reasons.
They seem to care a lot in regards to the side games, so far at least.

For me, Ansem = DiZ no matter what game I'm referring to.
Likewise, I use Xehanort's Heartless when talking about "that" Ansem.

I'm both concerned for Diz and Ansem.

We've heard Epcar, and hopefully but now I'm starting to wonder he's practiced more or whatnot, but as for this new guy...
I don't think it matters if he's "practised" more. The way they do the VA for Re:CoM makes almost all of them sound bad ;-;
Though, Epcar is used to the "VA to japanese lip movement" thing so maybe he'll actually be better in Re:CoM? o_O

Awards
They seem to care a lot in regards to the side games, so far at least.

SE of NA? The only two games we have in that respect so far from KH are CoM and Re:CoM. There's not much effort going in to just changing the Japanese script to English for COM since there weren't any voice actors. And we've seen what they do to Re:CoM.

From what we've seen, they don't seem to care much about side stories at all (not that they did anything wrong with CoM- there was nothing to differentiate between them giving a lot or not much effort).

A

Audo

The thing is, Re:CoM is just a remake, and one that was seemingly rushed in localization in order to promote/set up for Days.
It's different from an actual side game. I'm sure they will put in quality that is on par with the Japanese version when it comes to the three new titles.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Man I just posted somethign below, and now its not there, is somone deleting my posts.

But I personally like all of the organization members voices, jsut Larxene disappointed me thats all, she sounds way to young.

Awards
The thing is, Re:CoM is just a remake, and one that was seemingly rushed in localization in order to promote/set up for Days.
It's different from an actual side game. I'm sure they will put in quality that is on par with the Japanese version when it comes to the three new titles.

I don't see how they would put more emphasis on lip syncing and voice actors for handheld side games than a PS2 remake.

Remakes can be just as big as, if not much bigger than, side games.

And again.

No, no, no, no. No.

This can only be caused by them being half-assed, there are no excuses.

Re:CoM was announced for NA roughly 3 months ago. The same amount of time SE had to create the English KH2. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they had had more than 3 months to work on this.

Now, KH2, I think we can all agree, did a perfect job with lip syncing and the voice acting was overall spot on and fluent (I believe it won awards). They had a significantly LARGER amount of scenes to modify for English speech and match up to VAs for KH2 in the same amount of time it took them to bring Re:CoM here, yet look at how Re:CoM ended up.

Nothing other than the fact that they could give two shits.

A

Audo

I don't see how they would put more emphasis on lip syncing and voice actors for handheld side games than a PS2 remake.

Remakes can be just as big as, if not much bigger than, side games.

And again.
Yeah, but the thing with Re:CoM is that they never seemed to truly care about it. No real marketing was given, etc.
Honestly, it truly seems as if the only purpose Re:CoM had, in terms of a North American release, was to set-up for Days.
With that in mind, it makes some sense as to why they didn't spend a lot of time on it.

I still believe that the Handhelds will be handled with a lot more care.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Yeah, but the thing with Re:CoM is that they never seemed to truly care about it. No real marketing was given, etc.
Honestly, it truly seems as if the only purpose Re:CoM had, in terms of a North American release, was to set-up for Days.
With that in mind, it makes some sense as to why they didn't spend a lot of time on it.

I'm going with you Keyblade_Riku I believe what you are saying is the truth. They just want people to think that they didn't forget about KH, so that way when 358/2 days comes out next year, more people will buy it.

Awards

Which is what I was originally saying going back a few posts, they definitely don't care. Which calls to question how much they'll care about the new games.

I can seriously see their reasoning already.

"Oh, well there aren't as many cutscenes as there are in the main installments, and the screens are small. No one will notice (and if they do, they won't care much, this is just on PSP/DS!) if we just leave the Japanese lip motions and get some below standard voice acting"

If they can get away with it for Re:CoM, which is on a TV screen (very noticeable to see lip syncing) and has cutscenes between every floor... ugh.

All I'm saying is that it's a very logical, and maybe even probable, possibility. One that I don't want to happen. They've fucked us over plenty in the past, so yeaaah.

I'm going with you Keyblade_Riku I believe what you are saying is the truth. They just want people to think that they didn't forget about KH, so that way when 358/2 days comes out next year, more people will buy it.

Ok, seriously, even IF this is all just a huge marketing ploy for 358/2 Days, how does voice acting correlate with that at all? You think that just because they're using this to get gamers ready for Days that they're going to automatically pay attention to English dubs with the scrutiny they had in KH and KH2?

I can see how they'd want to release Re:CoM to prep for Days. In that case, many people will have a complete idea for what the Organization was (with the CoM members now being put on to a more main stream console). Otherwise, such people could be confused seeing all of the unfamiliar faces. But that by no means suggests that they're going to put any more effort into Days than they did into Re:CoM. To me, it's clear they want the bear minimum. They want people to buy the games. Re:CoM will help Days. Voice acting? Did it matter to them for selling Re:CoM? Why would it matter for Days then?

Last edited:
A

Audo

Well I have faith (lawl) that that won't be the case.
I mean, there is no way for us to know for sure until we obviously see some cutscenes for it come the time.

But really, am I the only one who thinks that since there are less cutscenes that they should work HARDER on those few cutscenes? o.o

Awards
I know. I want to have faith but consider me... a neutral. I'll just wait.

All I'm saying is that people should not be surprised in the unfortunate case that the VA error comes to fruition for Days and BbS.

Apparently for SE, less cutscenes means less effort put into each cutscene for KH.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Well I have faith (lawl) that that won't be the case.
I mean, there is no way for us to know for sure until we obviously see some cutscenes for it come the time.

But really, am I the only one who thinks that since there are less cutscenes that they should work HARDER on those few cutscenes? o.o

lol your so right, even with a few cutscenes they should make them perfect. lol WHOA! go Audo!

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
I just got to Riku 1 and his voice is so different is it really David thats playing him, because he sounds so weird!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back