• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

English Voice Actors for Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Um. I thought the whole "Heartless Hero" thing [and she said the same thing in GBA CoM, so why the hell did no one question it then?] was her taunting because of the fact that he forgot Naminé, didn't remember her while she was captive with bad guys, etc. Hence, heartless. Not that he was actually a Heartless. She's not stupid. The "You have no heart" in battle was also words just to piss Sora off as well. If you listen to the conversation, it fits, with her trying to make him feel guilty for "abandoning" Naminé and/or fogetting her. I don't know why there's such a controversy over this? >.>

Honestly, what really bothers me about the game is: The. Characters. Keeping. On. Speaking. Like. This. With. Awkward. As. Hell. Pauses.

And, by the way, what was up with all these lines too? Valet? Denouement? [or whatever the hell it was]. Talk about posh, especially coming from Organization members as these, or Organization members in general speaking French at all. I wonder who was the one who tweaked the script. The only who fit this was Marluxia, and that is only because he can pull of being posh with his features and looming grace.

The lip synching was sucky, in a way, too botched, and I don't really blame the voice actors for it, since their job is to try and fit the mouth movements, and with the lines, etc. Not good. As for the voices themselves, however, -

Larxene: I admit, at first, when I saw the cutscenes, I was like "WTF is coming out of her mouth?! DDDDx! Noooo!". It took awhile for me to get used to, since it was deeper than I expected compared to the high pitch I'm constantly hearing, though it did have the devilish cuteness. Yet, another gripe of mine was the way she delivered Larxene's lines sometimes. It just didn't fit at some moments, and it wasn't about the emotion, but rather, the tone and the attitude behind what she said. Overall, not bad, is definitely not as awful as people placed it at first, thank goodness. The VA was good. The laugh sucked as hell, however, and I cringed, so that part was ruined. Not that I was expecting anyone to pull off the laugh without screwing something over, as I believe Larxene's laugh alone is unique to her Japanese VA [as well as her adorable giggling], and I doubt anyone can imitate in such awesomeness. But, that was horrible o.o. It was crackly, and it just died. It was suppose to rattle your ears, and make you want to kick cute tiny kittens.

I do wonder how many Wendy/Larxene jokes are to flourish before it gets old xD.

Axel: It was weird, definitely. I am very used to Axel's KH2 voice, and it was what I was expecting to come out of him, yet, when I heard it, it threw me off completely. For a second, I even wondered if it was really the same voice actor. It just sounded...wrong. Too rough, too deep, and, I don't know, it was just off. Don't get why Quinton felt the need to change the vocals? o_O It didn't sound as sexy, it sounded like Axel smoked too much cigarettes and his throat was dry. The KH2 had its rasp, but not to that level. Oh, and he sounds 30. Awesome, but just weird. The botchiness that plagued everyone did not help the matter.

Marluxia: Can't say much on this, one of the best, and who did a good job. Admittedly, I prefer the fandub that people posted, as it does get Marluxia's suave, smooth, deep voice, correctly, but this was almost just as good. Can't say anything negative.

Vexen: Nothing bad to say either :p. I expected more insaneness, but it was otherwise perfect.

Lexeaus: Can't say anything at all. It wasn't bad, maybe a bit softer, but there's nothing wrong with it. Another one not to complain about.

Zexion: o_O The VA was fine, in my opinion [Tuxedo Mask], but he did not get Zexion's character right. While, Zexion is not emotionless and all, he speaks with a sense of coolness and calm, a lower tone, that gives you the vibe that he wants to be left alone, period. Minus in the scenes where he loses to Riku, and gets hounded by Repliku because of a-hole Axel version. The VA was making him too lively for my taste when delivering lines. He did not capture the dry sarcasm either.

In conclusion, not bad, but should've been better.

Choc

I always thought it was more like ZexiON. In the clip it sounded like they were saying ZexiEN.
I did too. But I'm just thankful it wasn't a completely different pronunciation, like Marlu- I mean Marloosha.

Last edited:

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
*TwilightNight*, what about Namine? Does Meaghan Jette Martin do a good job with her?

And how are the Larxene/Axel scenes in English? :cool:

Honestly, what really bothers me about the game is: The. Characters. Keeping. On. Speaking. Like. This. With. Awkward. As. Hell. Pauses.

Well, THAT'S not good.

Axel: It was weird, definitely. I am very used to Axel's KH2 voice, and it was what I was expecting to come out of him, yet, when I heard it, it threw me off completely. For a second, I even wondered if it was really the same voice actor. It just sounded...wrong. Too rough, too deep, and, I don't know, it was just off. Don't get why Quinton felt the need to change the vocals? o_O It didn't sound as sexy, it sounded like Axel smoked too much cigarettes and his throat was dry. The KH2 had its rasp, but not to that level. Oh, and he sounds 30. Awesome, but just weird. The botchiness that plagued everyone did not help the matter.

That's not good either. I liked how he sounded in KH2.

Well, I'll wait to hear it myself first before I pass judgement.

Choc

*TwilightNight*, what about Namine? Does Meaghan Jette Martin do a good job with her?
If I may step in, I honestly don't think Martin does a bad Namine. But Namine doesn't have that sweet tone like she did in KH2. She still sounds like a young girl, but without the sweet, angelic-like tone. Either way you view it, Martin's no Brittany Snow.

Well, THAT'S not good.
Indeed. It sounds very broken.

Synthesize

Website
snowballsweets.deviantart.com

The lip synching was sucky, in a way, too botched, and I don't really blame the voice actors for it, since their job is to try and fit the mouth movements, and with the lines, etc. Not good.

To be honest, those two bugged me the most of this game. I don't even have it yet, but just by watching the videos on YouTube, I've seen some previews of what it's like. The awkward pauses are really irritating to me as well as lip synching. In most parts of the game, you can still tell that they didn't change the Japanese lip syncing. :|

Well, I think that they gave Axel a more 'rougher-sounding' role this time because he didn't meet Roxas yet. Well, that's my theory. I'm not sure why he sounds like that.

larxene_lover_16

My opinions on the Organization XIII VA's:

Sora: Fine, thought it weird to have KHII Sora be in KHI clothes
Riku: Fine
Kairi: Why someone from Camp Rock?
Namine: It's okay...I guess...Brittany Snow is still better.
Ansem: Different, but it works just fine...
Vexen: Works pretty good...
Lexaeus: Works...
Zexion: I don't know...I thought it didn't work...or it could be better.
Axel: I didn't recongize it right away. I thought it was some impersonator.
Marluxia: I hate how they pronounced his name..."Mar-loo-she-a"? I thought it was always "Mar-lux-see-a". Still getting used to his voice.
Larxene: I freaking love it! Totally fits Larxene.
DIZ and Cloud: Both of these two

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

And how are the Larxene/Axel scenes in English? :cool:

I really like Naminé's voice. It was almost the same, really, minus a subtle difference, but I was definitely surprised at how well it came out. It doesn't have the Brittany Snow innocence, angelic, and soothing voice, but there's nothing to worry about. It's still sweet, and forlorn, and I think even better acted at some parts. For example, I love the way she screamed at Repliku to stop the second time, so much emotion in that sentence. I thought she did great. In fact, I wouldn't mind the replacement if it turns out Brittany really did leave.

And Axel/Larxene wasn't as delicious compared to the Japanese :closedeyes:.

The voices kept throwing me off, mostly Axel's [ugh, wasn't used to it], and the VA for Larxene was good, but is her way of delivering the lines that seemed off for Larxene to say that really troubled me. Though, I blame the botchy lip-sync.

Well, THAT'S not good

:/

That's not good either. I liked how he sounded in KH2.

Well, I'll wait to hear it myself first before I pass judgement.

Do that. I was terrified when I first heard a bad review for Larxene, but I found myself not thinking it was as bad as they put it. The laugh sucked though xD.

It sounds really rough. I did have to recheck if it was really Quinton, cause I was really used to the voice in KH2. That was part of the charm. Darker =/= sounding like he aged his voice to 30 [in my opinion. Probably not that bad, it just sounds too...I don't know. Different, like he's a smoker xD]. Axel is still young, no matter how you look at it. The Japanese VA pulled it off without having to change anything.

To be honest, those two bugged me the most of this game. I don't even have it yet, but just by watching the videos on YouTube, I've seen some previews of what it's like. The awkward pauses are really irritating to me as well as lip synching. In most parts of the game, you can still tell that they didn't change the Japanese lip syncing. :|

I found the botchy conversations really hard, and irritating [minus the LOLing at the French words. What in the world...?]. I couldn't really concentrate on the voices and the rating for them, since the lack of proper lip-synch and the VAs trying their best to match it got in the way. I'm positive things would've been smoother for them and I would love it more if it wasn't for that factor alone.

A fandub was better lip-synched than the actual professional work, and they didn't even change the script. I don't think it was the mouth movements matching the English lines, but rather, the English lines matching the mouth movements. The Fandub proved it enough that it came out more preferable.

Well, I think that they gave Axel a more 'rougher-sounding' role this time because he didn't meet Roxas yet. Well, that's my theory. I'm not sure why he sounds like that.

Axel met Roxas before getting sent to Castle Oblivion. If you notice in the scans, Roxas was looking up at the thrones, and Zexion, Vexen, etc. were there. And Axel even invites Roxas to the said castle at one point as well in the Clock Tower. There's also a Short Story in the FM+ booklet [name escapes me again] where Roxas even knows about who went to Castle Oblivion, was speaking to Axel when he returned, asked what happened to the rest and why they didn't come back with him. So it definitely wasn't that.

I dislike the change. There wasn't really a need for it.

XIII's follower

YouTube - KH Re:CoM English - Marluxia, Larxene, Vexen, Namine

YouTube - KH Re:CoM English - Zexion, Lexaeus, Vexen

I think the voices for Marluxia, Lexaeus, and Vexen are perfect. I expected the voices of Zexion and Larxene to be higher-pitched, but I still like them, and the voices chosen fit extremely well.

As for the lip-synching, that really can't be helped. The American script often has to be changed slightly so the words fit in characters' mouth especially since it costs a lot of time and money to do facial animation, so it's just easier and faster to change the words coming out of the mouths than to change the mouths themselves. That mostly why the lip-synching isn't perfect in the US Re:CoM. If anything, I think the script itself suffers a little, what with all the pauses, 'you know's, and 'yes's that were added in order to try to make the words fit.

Nevertheless, I really liked the voices chosen for the rest of the OXIII. I really couldn't have guessed these would've been the actors, but they turned out really well, and I can't wait to hear more from them in 358/2 Days.

Awards
Um. I thought the whole "Heartless Hero" thing [and she said the same thing in GBA CoM, so why the hell did no one question it then?] was her taunting because of the fact that he forgot Naminé, didn't remember her while she was captive with bad guys, etc. Hence, heartless. Not that he was actually a Heartless. She's not stupid. The "You have no heart" in battle was also words just to piss Sora off as well. If you listen to the conversation, it fits, with her trying to make him feel guilty for "abandoning" Naminé and/or fogetting her. I don't know why there's such a controversy over this? >.>
No one questioned it because it wasn't really anything to question. I believe she even says it in the Japanses Re:CoM (too lazy to check, but I remember it). I was saying that the developers might have taken that line too literally or confused the relation with Roxas when Larxene says "You have no heart." That is something to be questioned, it is a definite statement, and a wrong one.

If it was intended as only a taunt, I could have thought of just about a million other things she could have said that would have been better... considering that it's completely contradicting the story. xD

And, by the way, what was up with all these lines too? Valet? Denouement?
I lol'd. That really sticked out for me.
They seem to have a habit of implementing words no normal person would use in daily conversation.

Volition? Well... then again, Vexen was one of those "holier-than-thou, let me prove my superiority through choice of vocabulary" kind of guys.

Still.

"A veritable maelstrom of avarice" takes the cake. And that wasn't even in Re:CoM.
Either Organization members are well read or they enjoy going to Thesaurus.com - find synonyms and antonyms

It sounds really rough. I did have to recheck if it was really Quinton, cause I was really used to the voice in KH2. That was part of the charm. Darker =/= sounding like he aged his voice to 30 [in my opinion. Probably not that bad, it just sounds too...I don't know. Different, like he's a smoker xD]. Axel is still young, no matter how you look at it. The Japanese VA pulled it off without having to change anything.
Personally, the problem for me was that Axel sounded insincere in Re:CoM.

Axel was clearly trying to sound bad ass at some points in KH2, but emotional at others. Flynn nailed that, you could here the sincerity in his voice.

In Re:CoM, Axel sounds more like he's trying to inflect as a stereotypical villain. It doesn't come out right. I mean, he has his Axel moments, but the change in Flynn's approach felt somewhat lacking.

MelodiousNymph

Website
naturethezafara.deviantart.com
If I may step in, I honestly don't think Martin does a bad Namine. But Namine doesn't have that sweet tone like she did in KH2. She still sounds like a young girl, but without the sweet, angelic-like tone. Either way you view it, Martin's no Brittany Snow.

Well, look at it this way - Poor Namine's been forced to slaughter and revise Sora's memories, kept prisoner in Castle Oblivion for who-knows-how-long, slapped very hard toward the floor (that's gotta be painful!) and just saw Repliku "die" with her very eyes - if you were in that position as the memory-witch here, you wouldn't really sound as sweet and friendly as the Namine in KH2, would you? My voice would be as lonely and sa if I were there. -_-

I hate Camp Rock with all my being, but . . . I must admit, Meaghan Jette Martin does a good Namine. She sounds like a younger Evan Rachel Wood. XD And I adored Evan as Lucy in 'Across the Universe' and . . . well . . . nyaha. XDDDD Meaghan also captured Namine's sadness in Castle Oblivion perfectly (so far as I've seen), so I have no problem with her, even if she is from the failure known as Camp Rock. >_>

AngelicHeart

When I first started the game, Sora's voice kinda took me off guard. Its not that his voice sounded bad or anything, I had just grown accustomed to the younger Haley Joel Osment voice for the KH1 Sora....It just sounded much more mature than in the first game and the more mature sound worked well in the Kingdom hearts 2 because Sora was supposed to be older. But any who, after the first minute or so of hearing Sora speak in RE:COM, I got used to it. And besides, there is no one else I would rather have do Sora's voice than Haley Joel Osment. :)
As for Riku, the same than goes for him. I love David Gallagher doing his voicing, it just took me a little bit off guard because he's voice has changed a little bit. But thats fine with me.
I've heard Namine speak in this one....I think her voice works just fine for the game. I can't really tell the difference between the new voice actor and Brittany Snow(Namine's Voice actor in KH2).But then again, I haven't played KH2 in a while...so I could be wrong.
As for Axel.... I'm very happy Quinton Flynn is still doing his voice.

Last edited:

andAshes

Website
www.youtube.com
When I first started the game, Sora's voice kinda took me off guard. Its not that his voice sounded bad or anything, I had just grown accustomed to the younger Haley Joel Osment voice for the KH1 Sora....It just sounded much more mature than in the first game and the more mature sound worked well in the Kingdom hearts 2 because Sora was supposed to be older. But any who, after the first minute or so of hearing Sora speak in RE:COM, I got used to it. And besides, there is no one else I would rather have do Soras voice than Haley Joel Osment. :)
As for Riku, the same than goes for him. I love David Gallagher doing his voiceing, it just took me a little bit off guard because he's voice has changed alittle bit. But thats fine with me.
I've heard Namine speak in this one....I think her voice works just fine for the game. I can't really tell the difference between the new voice actor and Brittany Snow(Namine's Voice actor in KH2).
As for Axel.... I love Quinton Flynn. :)

I agree. Sora's voice threw me off a little in the beginning, so did Riku's.

I don't really know the actors names or anything, but I find Marluxia's voice terribly sexy. Vexen's voice reminds me of spiders and Larxene's makes me think of honey and fresh baked buns and butter. Not entirely sure why. I haven't got much farther yet because I've been working a lot. I can't wait to hear Lexaeus and Zexion in Reverse/Rebirth. <3

Axel's voice kinda threw me off too, it's the same but different enough to notice. I think I liked his voice in KH2 over now. He sounds a little more rough.

MasterHearts7762

I don't really know the actors names or anything, but I find Marluxia's voice terribly sexy. Vexen's voice reminds me of spiders and Larxene's makes me think of honey and fresh baked buns and butter. Not entirely sure why. I haven't got much farther yet because I've been working a lot. I can't wait to hear Lexaeus and Zexion in Reverse/Rebirth. <3

Axel's voice kinda threw me off too, it's the same but different enough to notice. I think I liked his voice in KH2 over now. He sounds a little more rough.

buns and butter? XDD well Larxene's voice does fit her very well. And you can find the names of the VA's on the first post of this thread. ^^

AngelicHeart

I really liked Marluxia's voice. I think it suited him well.
Axel voice does sound a little different to me,but I've gotten used to it. Quinton Flynn made Axel sound similar to they way he voiced Raiden in Metal Gear Solid 4. That could be part of the reason Axel kinda sounds similar to him. He may have been working on them either at the same time or during the same time frame.So maybe, because he was busy doing Raidens voice, he kinda forgot what Alex was supposed to sound like. Strange logic,I know! Maybe I'm just over thinking things.
Or, he was trying to make him sound that way because Axel need to give off kinda a shady vibe. I recall that when I played the original GBA game, before KH2 came out, I didn't really trust Axel. He seemed shady to me at times. Maybe his personality changes when hes around Roxas. And since Roxas wasn't really involved in this game, thats way Axel's behavior is a little different. In KH2, he only seemed to have emotions when it came to things involving Roxas. When Roxas left the organization, he felt(or at least thought) great sadness. Maybe up to that point, Axel had been emotionless, and Roxas leaving caused him to show some emotion. That would explain why he sounds kinda emotionless in RE:Com, because Roxas hadn't left yet.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
still cant play it till christmas, but it sounds like i wont be disappointed.

but... how did they pronounce marluxia again? it sounds like that will get on my nerves, cause for years ive said "Mar-loox-ee-uh"...

Furry Lukar

Website
lukar82394.deviantart.com
still cant play it till christmas, but it sounds like i wont be disappointed.

but... how did they pronounce marluxia again? it sounds like that will get on my nerves, cause for years ive said "Mar-loox-ee-uh"...

Marluxia = "Mar-loo-sha"
Zexion = "Zex-ee-un"
Lexaeus = "Lex-ee-us"

Yeah, it takes time getting used to. xD Here's how I used to pronounce them:

Marluxia = "Mar-lucks-ee-uh"
Zexion = "Zex-ee-on"
Lexaeus = "Lex-ay-us"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back