• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question about KH sprites

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

JTD95

You know the KH sprite sheets from Chain of Memories, right? Well, is it illegal to use them in something like fanComics and FanAnimation? because I made some animation of the sprite characters from Com and putted them out on DeviantART and then they was removed because of Copyrights. So is it illegal to use them or is it okay to use?

JTD95

All I got to do is mention that Square Enix made it, right? and it is okay with Tetsuya Nomura that I use them?

JTD95

I said to somebody
"Copyrights doesn't matter that much if your not trying to make money out of it"
The person answered
"That's so wrong!!! It matters even if your not trying to make money out of it"

Does it matter that much if I am not trying to make money out of it? I don't want to make money out of it, I want to show my animtions

granddaddypurps

Just slap on what rain gave you, your fine, if you do that.

[edit]
copyright does matter, either way, because it's not YOUR spread sheet,

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well, that is a bit of a problem, since it's not a fanart or anything, you're actually using sprites from the game.
I'd advise you to find a mod or something there and ask them. They'd be able to clear this up for you.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
The only problem is that DeviantART has already removed them so I lost all my views on them and comments
Oh, so it was a Mod. I thought that would fall under the Fair use policy.
Hmmm.... interesting.

Fair Use Rule--Describes when and how much of a copyrighted work may be copied or used in another work. Copyrighted works may be used for: criticism and comment, reporting, research and non-profit reporting, parody, small excerpts.

JTD95

Oh, so it was a Mod. I thought that would fall under the Fair use policy.
Hmmm.... interesting.

Fair Use Rule--Describes when and how much of a copyrighted work may be copied or used in another work. Copyrighted works may be used for: criticism and comment, reporting, research and non-profit reporting, parody, small excerpts.

I doesn't understand what you mean, but I got message from DeviantART who said my stuff had been removed due copyrighting, but I mean that DeviantART is going crazy for the moment!!! One of my friend had uploaded a picture of his cat which was taken down along with his other stuff due copyrighting.

Criss and Riku

Its perfectly ok as long as u credict the orginal creators of the sprites and dont make money off it either so thats pretty much the rules.

LionHeart14

Trust me, if you give the original creators credit, it doesnt give you permission to use them. I've had 10 of my videos on youtube removed because of the audio being "copyrighted" and i gave the bands credit on every single one of them. Apparently you need written permission or something. its stupid -.-

JTD95

Trust me, if you give the original creators credit, it doesnt give you permission to use them. I've had 10 of my videos on youtube removed because of the audio being "copyrighted" and i gave the bands credit on every single one of them. Apparently you need written permission or something. its stupid -.-

So how to I get permission from Tetsuya Nomura and Square Enix to use their sprite sheet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back