• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

alex trimmer - The Last Thing I Do

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trimms

The Last Thing I Do

TheLastThingIdocopy-1.png

1. Requiem
2. Footprints In The Snow
3. City Skyline
4. Vanity
5. The World Ends With You
6. 7
7. Burn The Script, This Story Never Ends
8. Sundown
9. Streetlights
10. Raping My Mind
11. Good Friends
12. Decay
13. Mindfuck
14. The Last Thing I Do​

Download: RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

TLTID is a techno opera about a boy who is coming out of a rough time in his life. He finds a guiding light in a girl he meets walking one rainy day, and warms up to her. After countless months of getting to know her he realizes his true feelings and tells her how she feels. She feels the same, and the boy thinks he has found true happiness. But as the days go on he realizes he was being used by the girl, and loses his mind. From there it is a downhill crash into depression. TLTID flows more like a story than individual tracks on a CD, so I hope you all take the time to listen through from track 1 to track 14.

Thank you.

Trimms

That's okay, this definitely isn't for everyone. I mean... techno...

Anyway, thanks for giving it a try Scarecrow, even if you hated it and deleted it within 10, maybe 20 seconds tops.

Awards
well i just checked out the myspace

Is this guy actually you or are you just a fan?

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
I'm downloading this right now; how much of a masochist does that make me?

Agoraphobia

beautiful days
Awards
City Skyline, Vanity, The World Ends With You and Raping My Mind are my favorites. It's actually pretty impressive, and you're only 17?

KHI might not be the best place to ask for feedback, since everyone here is basically an elitist.

Awards
just because somebody doesn't give a reason, doesn't mean they don't have one

if you'd like I could go in-depth as to why I dislike it so much

Awards
Majority of elitists I've known are quick to call things shit without any form of reason.

well

i'll go through each one as they appear on his myspace

requiem:
that beat is just dull, it's what I meant by 'club music'. doof doof doof, that's all it is. The vocals aren't matched well with the intensity of the music, either, because I can barely understand what he's singing. Not to mention he can't really sing that well, so this isn't helping either.

decay:
again with the singing, it's not his strong point at all. The lyrics are really annoying me here as well. They're so typically cliche'd I could have passed this as an emo parody or something. Really now, 'He's dead, he's dead, he blew off his head' and 'my tears were an echo of this pain'. I get enjoyment from lyrics in their originality and complexity (see augie march), as well as instrumental competency and originality (again, see augie march). I understand that the lyrics fit the subject matter of the song well, but could he not have been just a little more personal about it? This just sounds so typical :/

streetlights:
the girl sings better than the guy does, but the same stuff about the lyrics applies, and again, the music is just dull. It's so overly depressing as well, I mean I fucking get it, you're emotional and upset and shit. NEXT TOPIC PLEASE?

city skyline:
no, of course we won't change the subject. oh wait, you did? I can't tell, that fucking beat is back again and louder before so I can't understand a fucking thing you're saying. His voice is deep so this high-pitched, LOUD beat is completely drowning out whatever it is he's saying. It also doesn't help that he's speaking so damned fast (yes, I said speaking). Whilst I'm on the beat, might I express my distaste for the 90's club track?

good friends:
oh hey here's some interesting stuff goi- oh, no, there it goes and the beat is back yet again. This stuff is really starting to make him sound musically bipolar, he goes from up to down so rapidly and (even if that was his intention) I don't like it. This is just all turning into a dance club album. There's nothing hardcore, happy hardcore, or techno opera about it.

raping my mind:
look i'm ten seconds into this and I'm not even going to give this one a chance I hate it that much. I have heard all of this before, it's annoying.

never let go:
ok, this sounds a little bit more interesting, and it helps that the girl is singing again. Still, that synth waving or whatever is so loud I'm finding it difficult to hear her now. Oh, and once she's done singing, it goes back to shitty dance music. Great.

the world ends with you:
more techno dance poop, but at least it's upbeat for a change

that is why I really dislike this album. I'm willing to say that the kid has obvious technical talent with electronic music, but I would really like to see him experiment a bit more in the future and try to stray from typical sounding techno. Otherwise, to me, regardless of the subject matter or his age, it's just going to be more shitty techno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back