• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Need some advice about jobs...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rix

:)
Awards
As some of you might know, I have worked at the same grocery store in almost 3 years now and I'm still in the same position as when I started even though I'm doing a terrific job there and my bosses is really happy with me there.

I've only worked part time, but now I'm looking for a full time job and I do really want to move on to another place to work then since I need something new with more challenges.

So I've applied for the position as a store manager in some stores now and I was at a job interview today and it seems quite possible that I can get the job.

My current boss was called by the boss at the other store after my interview for references, but he called me later and tried his best to convince me to stay at my current job and used all kind of arguments.

I know that he is trying to scare me away from the new job since he still wants me to stay since I'm one of his best workers, but I want to move on.

The only thing is that he told me that I will be paid almost as much as I would have been as a store manager at the other stores if I continued working at my current job in full time, and still work a lot less than I would have done as a manager.

But on the other hand, as a store manager, I will also get the chance of building a career much faster. And I guess I have to wait forever with that at my current job since there are no open positions now.

I do personally think that taking the store manager position is the best choice if I will be offered the job, but I'm still a little confused after my boss called me.

So I'm just wondering if any other of you have any good advice or views on this?

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Considering you've stated about your future there; Store Manager. Simple as that. You have more opportunity to interact in more of the business side of thigs too, so it will be beneficial to you all over =3

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
The choice seems obvious to me.

Store manager.

especially if your current boss says you'd be earning the same amount of money here fulltime as if you were a manager at another store.

Lets say you have a clerk position at $8.00 an hour. but also a Manager position at $8.00 an hour.
Manager is a better position anyways even IF you don't plan on a carreer. and since you kind of hint at that you are planning on a career. Manager is your only choice

Rix

Awards
Considering you've stated about your future there; Store Manager. Simple as that. You have more opportunity to interact in more of the business side of thigs too, so it will be beneficial to you all over =3
Yeah probably. Also, the new store just seems a lot more friendly and perosnal than the current storee I work at too. And I would have loved to get a new start.
im not sure how to help you.
Please don't post here then :3

@ Gil: the thing si that as a store manager, I wont get paid per hour, while I will be paid per hour at my old job.

Rix

Awards
Yeah,the same amount every month no matter how many hours I've worked, so some of the dilemma is there...

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Lets just say for purposes of ease that you get $100 a month no matter which job you work at (of course it would be more but its just an easy number)

so you KNOW how much you'd get no matter how much you work. as a manager

you don't know how how much you'd get as a "clerk" or whatever.

so manager =$100/per month
clerk=$100/per month(assuming you've reached the right hourly pay)
if you don't work enough hours you might not get the money

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
Well my input is that it all depends on how much your getting paid. Me personally would take both positions because i'm flexible like that but that's me. Though being a manager can open up better career plans, money is kind of the object here. Especially right now in this screwed up economy.

Rix

Awards
Lets just say for purposes of ease that you get $100 a month no matter which job you work at (of course it would be more but its just an easy number)

so you KNOW how much you'd get no matter how much you work. as a manager

you don't know how how much you'd get as a "clerk" or whatever.

so manager =$100/per month
clerk=$100/per month(assuming you've reached the right hourly pay)
if you don't work enough hours you might not get the money
Yeah, and I think it will be a good idea for me to know exactly how much money I will earn now, so I know how much I can spend and save and so on. But I do at least need enaough money so I can be able to pay everything and live my life at the same time.
Well my input is that it all depends on how much your getting paid. Me personally would take both positions because i'm flexible like that but that's me. Though being a manager can open up better career plans, money is kind of the object here. Especially right now in this screwed up economy.
It will be impossible for me to work at both places at the same time I'm afraid.. The store manager position means that I have to work A LOT and also being able to do extra work when it's needed. Some days can be around 12 hours long and more so that will be impossible for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back