• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Chicago here I come!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Spyells

You will open the door to light!
An enchanted castle. That's what college is called
I just wanted to let my friends know that I will be gone from the 17th - 21st. I'm leaving tonight actually. I am going to Chicago for my family reunion. I most likely wont even receive the responses for this thread. I'm already packing. xD

See you guys next week! :lol:

testify

Fighter of the Nightman
Awards
Chicago...ah my city...lol

Well don't know ya really, but have fun at your family reunion!

Spyells

I'm back! Chicago was awesome! We loved the hotel! I got to see the Sear's Tower, Lake Michigan (I had no idea that the Great Lakes looked like oceans! I felt like I was back in California when I saw it! It was almost like being home!), and I even saw Oprah's studio! And not only that we didn't know it at the time when we saw her whole staff boarding buses with luggage, but she was taking them on a Mediterranean cruise! The only thing I wasn't use to was the weather. I've never seen storm clouds black and thick roll in. And the lightening and thunder was scary! And when it rained it poured! Then we had a tiny bit of hail and it stopped. I was thinking it was going to be cold outside (that's how it is in Cali when it rains unless you live in the desert areas or something like the valley) but it was hot! And it was the muggy kind of hot! I had never been chased by mosquitoes before. So that was new to me. I didn't get bit by any but my Grandma did. All in all it was a great trip! We had to be on stand by at the airport because our cousin got us there too late. He said we were only fifteen minutes away. But he didn't get us there until 5:20 A.M. Chicago time and the plane started boarding at 5:30 A.M. because it was taking off at 6:00 A.M. Chicago time. Let's just say we were a little bitter. But other then that the trip was great. xD

testify

Fighter of the Nightman
Awards
glad to hear you enjoyed yourself, did you go to the top of the Sears Tower?

testify

Fighter of the Nightman
Awards
No, I didn't get the chance unfortunately because we were short on time. Our family always has a banquet on one of the reunion days and that just so happened to be that day. But I did get good pictures of the tower. xD

oh thats still cool, I was asking cause I went for the first time yesterday, all these years I've lived in Chicago and never once gone...lol

well glad you enjoyed it, and yeah the weather was kind of crappy...

Spyells

I didn't like the weather. Especially because that was the day of the picnic. We did have a tent though to cover us from the rain. We normally do have a picnic on one of the reunion days. Or we might go to an amusement park. Well this time they planned a picnic. It sucks because the planning for the reunions is always started two years in advance. So who knew! But I did learn a lot of family history. I'm a history nut! Especially for family history. But I could have learned a whole lot more if the reunion had been longer. xD

Back