• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should I buy Days?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TerraFTW!

Okay so I had been reading around here about Days and a lot of people said it was really bad. That it Storyline Wise it is a horrid game. And that because of this game KH is losing its charm. To me it seems like less people like it than love it. So should I buy Days or just read about?

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
If you don't want to try out the gameplay and decide for yourself if it's good or not, than I suppose don't get it. No pressure! I haven't played it myself so my post is kind of meh here, but I'd try it out for myself. You can still read about yourself, that can be somewhat as good.

Raebus

Rent it, see if you like it and if you do, then buy it. Its as simple as that, don't let other peoples opinions affect what you play.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
Since I don't have the console, I can't say much gameplay wise other then what I've see in videos. It seems to be more complex then the standard KH way of whacking things.

Storywise, I'd say it's okay? Because you don't really build as much as you would like to on the other Org. Members.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
The storyline isnt bad. Its very good when people arnt ignorant and think they know more about kingdom hearts than Testuya.

People were complaining about hoe Xion is made from Sora's memories because she was made a few days before CoM started so No one couldve taken his memories. But if you're not an idiot you will know that the org. had their eyes on Sora for a long time and Xemnas knew alot about Sora ,seen in the final mix fight. So this is not a plot hole. Also the whole Ven thing was seen to be a cheap and quick way to link BBS to days but it was actually thought out rather well with Xigbar being there and only he can see Ven in her because he knew Ven etc.

So its actually a overall master piece for DS.

Sora1915

Bronze Member
Yes, you should get it, it's really good, in fact its amazing. There is nothing wrong with the story at all, people don't even know half the story so how can it be horrid? Most of the people who say crap like that already barely like the series and just like bitching about it, seriously. It's always the same people saying the same stuff all the time. What I know about the story I thought was good and the gameplay is awesome too :3 But honestly only the voiced cutscenes are translated which make up 20 minutes of the game.....hich is nothing. The main summary of the plot is known and that's really it. Nothing else is tranlated so everything you have heard so far is people complaining about something they don't even know about.

So in summary YES GET IT!

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
It really isn't horrid, at all. It just isn't as good as the others. It's better than KHII, though.
Not all of the games are going to be on the same level.

If you own a DS, why deprive yourself of a good game?

State

Awards
Okay so I had been reading around here about Days and a lot of people said it was really bad. That it Storyline Wise it is a horrid game. And that because of this game KH is losing its charm. To me it seems like less people like it than love it. So should I buy Days or just read about?
Just because a person tells you the game sucks for him/her, doesn't mean it will suck for you. Just get the game, play it and enjoy it.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Its worth it. Its the biggest DS game I have ever seen. Its got gameplay like the others ,maybe even better in some aspects. Its the best DS game I have.

mooseymoose

I'm like you as to whether I should buy it, but mine's for a different reason. If I already owned a DS, I would buy it, but since Days is the only reason I would buy a DS, I'm not sure if I can blow the extra $100-some for just one game. Yea there are other games, but it's not like PSP where I would have BBS, Crisis Core, and Dissdia.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
I'm like you as to whether I should buy it, but mine's for a different reason. If I already owned a DS, I would buy it, but since Days is the only reason I would buy a DS, I'm not sure if I can blow the extra $100-some for just one game. Yea there are other games, but it's not like PSP where I would have BBS, Crisis Core, and Dissdia.

I have both and I have Crisis Core and Dissidia and I like my DS better.

mooseymoose

I have both and I have Crisis Core and Dissidia and I like my DS better.
Game wise or console wise? I'm just concerned that I won't have that many games for DS. Sure, I saw Guitar Hero and something else (can't remember), but no major titles. Money is a huge issue for me, so I'm just trying to justify buying a DS O:) I did see it on sale for $99 at Target last week, but I didn't want a pink console.

State

Awards
Game wise or console wise? I'm just concerned that I won't have that many games for DS. Sure, I saw Guitar Hero and something else (can't remember), but no major titles. Money is a huge issue for me, so I'm just trying to justify buying a DS O:) I did see it on sale for $99 at Target last week, but I didn't want a pink console.
Do some odd jobs, work or save some money.

mooseymoose

Do some odd jobs, work or save some money.
See, I just recently graduated college and looking for a career-related job. I also owe $17,000 in loans which I need to start paying back in November. That's why I'm having trouble justifying buying a DS.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0

The games on psp are for full out gamers. DS are for fun gamers. (fun= causal fun like the wii)

Both consoles have hardcore games and fun games e.g Loco roco for psp and Jump ultimate stars for DS but they are mainly for their chosen games.

If you get either of them youll be happy with their features. I have hacked both mine and homebrew is pretty amazing. On the ds there is more room to build though.

Game amount wise DS probably have the upper hand especially on their amount "fun" games.
PSP games have a decent amount great games good enough for any gamer aswel so it a tie for each consoles game amounts.

You might think differently about this but I just enjoy the fact I can just start playing a game quickly thats fun, passes the time and is both creative and unique. Thats why I love my DS.
Its also cheaper for you and all you really need is a R4 and your set for life with games.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
It's a waste of 60$ dollars! D:

You don't need to play it to find out what happens in any of the games. Except dual wielding.. Plus the stuff you miss you can read in the spoilers section... and watch the walkthroughs.

But.. if I had a DS, I would buy it... but I wouldn't be buying any other games soon...hahaha.. but only because it's a kingdom hearts game.

Now, let's say I did buy it, once I did, I would tell you it sucked and it was a waste of time.

So...I guess I don't recommend you buying it? Errr... Listen to what other people have to say and decide for yourself.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
From everything I've played and looked at, Days is in the top ten, probably top five, of all time best DS games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back