• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Special Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Countdown!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
∞;4444748 said:
So, has anyone taken a shot (and a good quality one at that) of Saïx? Because if not, I might give it a go today/tomorrow.

You know, that would be great, actually. :3

TrinityxLimit

Um, no. Like writing a brief paragraph about why you like him.
A paragraph? ....hm ok.

Saix, the Luna Diviner, is a very powerful Nobody and Xemnas' right hand man. He has a calm demeanor, yet a sinister persona dwells on the inside, making him cunning and devious, truly living up to his Heartless name. And under the moon's power he turns into a savage beast, destroying all who get in the way of the plans of Organization XIII.

Saix is one my favorites because of cold, almost uncaring personality and awesome blue hair. He is quick to follow orders, and to giving them to his juniors. He seems to assign Roxas missions in Days, giving him a somewhat of a secondary leadership position. He doesn't seem to have any compassion for his colleagues, especially Axel, for while discussing Axel's death with other members, he simply called him weak, as he tried to venture towards something he didn't have. He does seem to have his mind set towards obtaining a heart, as after he was defeated by Sora, he dropped his weapon, faced the "moon" and asked where his heart was, before fading away.

I'm really looking forward to playing as Saix in Days. With a huge claymore and the power to go berserk, he seems like the type to quickly make waste of Heartless around him. As a powerhouse chararcter, he could help friends out if they are ever in a pinch.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
AKUSERUUUUU. :D (and i'm posting it here this time haha)

Hi everyone! Here's another editorial for our countdown, now with Organization member number VIII - Axel!

andj14.png
What We Know So Far:
Axel first appeared in the Game Boy Advance game, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, and appeared in the Second floor. From there on, you couldn't really tell if which side he was on: he is certainly a backstabber, being on one side one second then being on another two seconds later. He proved that he was on Marluxia's side by destroying Vexen in one of the most gruesome scenes in the Kingdom Hearts series. Yet, Axel turned around and betrayed Marluxia... before turning around again and destroying Zexion. Backstabber? Certainly. But, for Sora, he couldn't tell if Axel was helping him or if he was just another bad guy. Which was it? For the players, they felt the same thing: is he helping Sora, or is he just messing with his head? Which side is he really on?

However, in Kingdom Hearts 2, he loosened up from his malicious self: all he really wanted was getting his best friend, Roxas, back. He went so far as to betray Organization XIII and helping Sora to get that, even becoming an "honorary" party member in a fight within Betwixt and Between! Yet, we know his fate near the end of Kingdom Hearts 2: Sora watched him fade into darkness after using a kamikaze attack, just like the Assassins he controls.

"Not that Nobodies actually HAVE beings... right?"

Axel was gone, but in Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix, he got to see his best friend one last time.

His Role in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days:
Being Roxas' best friend and also his "mentor" in Organization XIII, Axel is one of the major characters of Days. He has been shown in missions in Twilight Town, but also in many cutscenes: we know he's going to Destiny Islands with Roxas and Xion, and we know he's going to make many appearances in Twilight Town, from helping Roxas there on missions to just going there for no reason. There's also several cutscenes shown in the trailers of Axel trying to bring Xion back into Organization XIII, claiming that he'll bring her back; no matter what.

Lastly, we know that Axel changes from Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories to Kingdom Hearts 2. You can see it in his actions in both games, you can see it in his expressions and looks, and you can hear it in his voice, both in Japanese and in English. What caused Axel to change between the side-story and the Kingdom Hearts sequel? In Days, we'll be able to find out!

What the Fans Think:
This red-headed, flamboyant Nobody is one of the most popular characters in the Kingdom Hearts series. However, though Axel may be incredibly popular, there's lots of love and hate for him, just like Demyx.

While Roxas and Xemnas get the glory of being the first Nobodies ever revealed, Axel gets the bragging rights of being the first Organization XIII member ever revealed where we actually saw what he looks like. Could this have to do with his popularity? It could be! The developers even brought him back in Kingdom Hearts 2 after Roxas' story, not wanting to just get rid of him after sort of taking part in the three hour prologue.

As for the fans, there's those who hate Axel, but there's many others who love him. His catchphrase, "Got it memorized?" ("Commit it to memory" in Japanese), is iconic for his character, and everyone knows who you're quoting when you say that. But, for some fans, that phrase is spoken rather sarcastically. Perhaps fans don't like him because he was cool in Chain of Memories, but loosened up too much in Kingdom Hearts 2. For others, fans love him in both games: they love his friendship with Roxas, but they also love how attitude in Chain of Memories.

But, why do people like him so much? The Future, from the forums, knows exactly why Axel is one of his favourite characters!

Axel-Number VIII in the Organization. He's been one of my most favorite characters in the series since he was introduced in "Chain of Memories".

Axel is one of the most likable, if not THE most likable villain in the "Kingdom Hearts" series, in my opinion.
In my eyes, Axel is one of the best characters in the series.

I am very excited to play as Axel in Mission Mode and have him as a party member in Story Mode. It should be very fun. I'm really lookin' forward to seeing his different Chakrams that he has availible to use in Mission Mode.

What I hope to see in "Days" from Axel is him showing his serious side since this is the time where Axel loses his best friend, Roxas. We saw this side a couple of times in KH2, but I hope to see a lot more of this. Yes, Axel is cool as a funny/cocky fellow and he is very likable but it's just, I want to see more seriousness come from him in this game.

Then Xion comes in between Roxas and Axel's friendship which I don't think Axel likes. From the looks of the trailers, Roxas starts paying a lot more attention to Xion than Axel. Though they do hang out with each other, Xion is always with them. This could mean some conflict between Axel and Xion as the story progresses.

But no matter what happens with Axel in this game, I believe he'll be the likable Organization member I have been a fan of ever since playing CoM.
In Conclusion:
Love him or hate him, Axel is returning in Days and is playing one of the major roles. What will he be like in Days? Will he act like he was in Chain of Memories, emotionless but backstabbing, or will he show emotion but care more about his friend than anything else like he did in Kingdom Hearts 2? When the game is released on September 29th for North America and October 9th for Europe, we'll find out!

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
just an fyi:

Axel's somebody's name is TECHNICALLY known, but you guys are probably going on the whole "LOLZ I dOn'T rEaD pLoT sUmMaRiEs" thing

Sora1915

Bronze Member
just an fyi:

Axel's somebody's name is TECHNICALLY known, but you guys are probably going on the whole "LOLZ I dOn'T rEaD pLoT sUmMaRiEs" thing
This is the kind of stuff I have been thinking the whole time cuz they keep saying stuff about "well we will find out!" And I'm just like yeah I already know though cuz I have the Japanese one :3 But yeah it's just not to spoil everyone else.....

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I'd like to try my hand with Xemnas.

-----------------------------------

Xemnas is the nobody of the main villain of the entire series. That is one reason why he is so cool. Unlike some of the other nobodies like Demyx and Axel, Xemnas does not pretend to have emotions. His emotionaless attitude gives us a good a idea of what it is really like to be a nobody.

Being the leader of the Organization means he has alot of authority and power, I find that to be greatly appealing.

Unlike the other members of the Organization, Xemnas did'nt really seem all that interested in getting a heart. He seemed more interested in the power of the heart itself. This gave him the aura of a manipulator, like the other members were only pawns to him. To me I think this backs up his role as the main villain.

For all of Xemnas' power and evil doing there is still a sad side to this character. In Kingdom Hearts 2 he kept going on about anger and hate. Xemnas even told Sora he did'nt remember from when he was known as Xehanort any emotions but anger and hate. Because of this it made him more of a lone wolf in the Organization so to me he seemed to be a tortured soul which I find sad.

Finally Xemnas has alot of mystery surrounding him. His past before becoming an apprentice to Ansem the wise is shrouded in mystery. Hopefully more of his past will be revealed in the upcoming game Birth by Sleep, but I hope we get some hints in 358/2 Days.

All in all Xemnas is an interesting character. Though he may be cruel and sinister I can't help but feel some sadness for this character. I can't wait to play as Xemnas and I hope we get a better look inside the mind of this amazing character.

Kitexa

Saix is next, right? Which fits, because he's been on my mind recently...

Saix is one of the most striking Organization members to me because of his duality. He appears to be a cool, calm and collected individual on the surface, focused on his goals and completely no-nonsense about his lack of a heart and emotionlessness. He's cold, hard logic, which serves as a sort of antithesis to Sora, who is led around by his heart and is a very emotional character.

But on the other hand, Saix seems to be barely holding it together. His bestial battle style exhibits this perfectly, with his manner changing radically upon entering his berserk state. Whether this is his true nature, which he keeps hidden beneath his stone-cold mask is something we have yet to see. To me, this contrast makes Saix more interesting than your run-of-the-mill villain by expanding the circumstances into which he could fit.

I'm looking forward to learning more about Saix's influence on the Organization's other members in 358/2 Days. He seemed to be a pretty powerful figure in Kingdom Hearts 2, despite being outranked by several of the other members. I'm also eager to learn more about his relationship with Xemnas, to whom he seems to serve as a sort of second-in-command. Well, all that and I'm looking forward to going berserk with that giant banana in Mission Mode.

Whichever side of Saix shows itself in 358/2 Days, I'm definitely looking forward to delving deeper into his role in the series!

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
Nice posts today and yesterday!

Can't wait to see who's next.

This has been a great idea, and executed very well.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
As much as Axel bugs me, his death scene gets me every time. The poor dear. ;~;

just an fyi:

I've personally spoiled myself, but this is more for people that haven't. So of course we're not going to post a bunch for the world to see.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
I wish the person who flamed a comment I wrote was as considerate as you...

Really, I got spoiled on youtube when I wasn't even looking for it.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Yay! We ended up getting a lot of Saix quotes. Thanks, guys!
I've sent them all to Spyells. A week away!

I'll finally have something to do. :p

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Yay! We ended up getting a lot of Saix quotes. Thanks, guys!
I've sent them all to Spyells. A week away!

I'll finally have something to do. :p

Have you gotten alot of Xemnas quotes? Just wondering.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Someone has claimed Xigbar, but the quote isn't in yet. But that's okay, it's still a while before it's his turn. :3

Everybody--

I would like some *BRIEF* quotes about why you're excited for Days in general. These will most likely be with the announcement that the game is finally out.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Let me think...Okay I got one.
-------------------------------------------------------------

I'm excited for 358/2 Days because I hope we get to see the Organization as people and not just villains. We will finally get to see more of who each is as idividuals and this for me is exciting. I find the organization to be some of the most interesting villians in video game history so I am excitied to see the inner workings of this group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back