• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Special Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Countdown!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Hey, everyone! The next Organization member in our countdown until the North American release of Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days is Vexen, the chilly academic.

2ypdnd4.png

What we know so far:

We are introduced to Vexen in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories . In Chain of Memories , Vexen aids Lexeaus and Zexion in their plot to stop Marluxia and Larxene from overthrowing the Organization. Vexen, Lexeaus, and Zexion were planning to use Riku’s darkness against Sora’s light. So he has involvement in both Sora and Riku’s stories although Vexen chooses to work in Castle Oblivion’s basement levels the majority of the time. We also know that Vexen is the nobody of Even, who’s interest had been studying Xehanort’s memories, and is number four in Organization thirteen. Vexen’s element is ice and his weapon is a kite shield called, Freeze Pride.

In Riku’s story, Vexen engages in a battle with Riku. The whole purpose of this battle is to obtain data that he can use to make a replica. The Riku replica that he creates lacks a heart. The replica fights the real Riku and fails, but Vexen has other plans for him. Vexen then goes to Larxene and Marluxia so that his replica can test Sora’s strength. Before that can happen however, Naminé implants false memories inside of the replica so that he will confront Sora believing that he, the replica, is supposed to be the one to protect Naminé. As a result the replica confronts Sora many times telling him that Naminé no longer needs him and they fight.

However, eventually Vexen loses control of the Riku replica. Marluxia proclaims Vexen’s experiment as a failure. Vexen, insulted, responds saying that Marluxia who is only a peon has no right to speak to him that way. Marluxia however then threatens to report Vexen to “the superior” and Vexen is immediately afraid because the superior’s powers far surpass his own. Marluxia then uses Vexen and tells him to eliminate Sora. Vexen is surprised but goes to confront Sora anyway.

Vexen fights Sora and gives him a card at the end of the battle. The card Vexen gives Sora is the card Vexen had made from the memories from the other side of Sora’s heart, now giving Sora access to Twilight Town. Vexen was planning to tell Sora of Roxas’s, Sora’s nobody, existence. Because of this, Marluxia now considers Vexen a traitor and orders Axel to dispose of him. Vexen fights Sora in Twlight Town and after he loses he is about to reveal to Sora why this town feels so familiar to Sora. Before Vexen does, Axel appears and stabs Vexen from behind with one of his chakrams. Vexen begs Axel to spare him but Axel responds by telling him that he can be, “nothing instead of just being nobody". Then Axel snaps his fingers and the chakram explodes, engulfing Vexen in flames. This makes Vexen the first member of Organization thirteen to die.

His role in Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days:

From what we have seen so far, Vexen’s role in Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days will be very minimal. We do know that Vexen does explain how Roxas is supposed to explore areas before being sent to Castle Oblivion. And in multiplayer Vexen can use his shield to fight the heartless.

"If you remain bound by the chain of memories, and refuse to believe what is truly found inside you heart, then throw it away. You are not the Keyblade Master— just a slave to twisted memories. Yes… Exactly like my Riku."

What the fans think:

The fans like Vexen because of his view of life as a grand experiment. Vexen approaches problems like an intellectual, forming hypothesis and then testing them. The fans also seem to like Vexen for his chilly personality and how he looks down on the Organization members of lower rank.

To give us their opinion on Vexen, forum member Fahrvergnugen , has given us his fan quote:

"I'm a scientist. Experiments are what I do, yes."

Vexen, number IV in the Organization, is definitely an oddball. Being on of the six apprentices of Ansem the Wise, he seems to have held on to his scientific nature the most after becoming a Nobody, frequently mentioning it throughout Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories . His personality (though he doesn't REALLY have one, being a Nobody) is very cocky, respecting only Xemnas, Xigbar, and Xaldin, as they are the only members with a higher number in the Organization, and looking down on V-XIV.

"I came to lend you a hand. You obviously believe this Sora has much potential, but I remain unconvinced he is truly worth such coddling. I think an experiment would show if he really is of any value to us."

In Chain of Memories, he conspired with Lexaeus and Zexion to make fake Riku (from data he collected while battling him) to wipe out Sora, and gain the upper hand over the top members (Axel, Marluxia, and, Larxene) for not respecting his high number, and to stop their plan of taking over the Organization. Although, when the Riku Replica fails to take down both Sora and Riku, Marluxia sends Axel to kill him, and he does so just before Vexen can tell Marluxia's plans to Sora, thus ending The Chilly Academic's nonexistence.

"I told you-This place was created solely from another side of your memories. It is on the other side of your heart that the memory of this place exists. It is your heart that remembers."

In Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Vexen plays a minor role, only briefly appearing to explain to Roxas how to explore areas, before he goes off to Castle Oblivion. In multiplayer, however, you may play as him, using his shield to wipe out Heartless in a unique system of twirls and bludgeons.

"The memory’s wiles can be cruel. In its silence, we forget. In its obsession, it binds our hearts."

Vexen is one of my favorite characters, from his laugh that makes your blood run cold, to his unique choice of using a kite shield in battle. He certainly isn't friendly, and I hope his role in Days satisfies my longing for more of him in the story of Kingdom Hearts, at least until Birth By Sleep, where his somebody, Even, is expected to show up!

Conclusion:

In Conclusion, we can see that Vexen’s role in Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days is going to be small. Although he is one of the weaker Organization members, next to Demyx, it is still interesting to look forward to fighting with him in multiplayer using ice attacks. Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days releases in three days on September 29 for the North American release, and on October 9 for the European release.​

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
We didn't use the other quote because it wasn't posted in time. I had already sent it to Spyells.
You can write a small paragraph about why you're excited for Days in general that might make it to the Front Page.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
You guys are really doing a phenomenal job on keeping us entertained until Tuesday. xD

Good work, you guys!

Rix

:)
Awards
I'd rather wait for a finsished BBS than getting an unfinished BBS earlier :3

I feel that I'm getting more and moe excited for Days now. I hope it will be in my mail box next week..

Death

Your #1 Bruh
wow you guys have it goin on ( Can't wait till Xigbar Xp)

I thought it came out already but its the 29 not the 26 Xp well yea i want to see Xigbar soon

Karutomaru

Banned
We didn't use the other quote because it wasn't posted in time. I had already sent it to Spyells.
You can write a small paragraph about why you're excited for Days in general that might make it to the Front Page.

I'm excited for 358/2 Days for a number of reasons. First of all it will help make the story more complete to me. In Kingdom Hearts 2 I couldn't help but feel I was missed something. They kept referring to past events that I wish I could just see so I could get a feel for it. Thankfully this is just the game I was looking for and will hopefully help fill in the gaps between the story. Also like many people I'm looking forward to the multiplayer. If I'm able to find someone with the game we could team up playing as different characters that are unique in their own way with their own abilities and weapons beating on the heartless and bosses. I love co-op games like that. But although those are great reasons to want the game, I have 2 main reasons that seal the deal:
1. You get to play as Vexen and Luxord, my 2 favorite characters. Showing off to my friends in multiplayer freezing enemies and slashing giant cards around is just awesome and the graphics help improve the experience with great character and weapon models.
2. And most importantly of all, It's a Kingdom Hearts game, and I don't mean by the title. It has all the makings of a Kingdom Hearts game and gives you the experience of it. You'll be fighting heartless while orchestral music plays exploring different disney worlds. It's all there. One might argue that this might be a bad thing because not much has changed, but why change something that's already this great?

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
What time are they usually added?

Towards four-ish, when most people get out of school. Xaldin will probably be up sometime this afternoon, though, as it is Sunday.

I still have to shower, though. :v

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I, however, can't upload massive editorials during school. D:

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
No offense, but the countdown is running a tad slow. You're one day behind.

We aren't behind. It was always the intention to have Xemnas on the day of the release. We started on the 17th (two weeks ago--for the fourteen members).

UnstoppableSound

Shouldn't the countdown end on the day of release? We're only two days left until the release date and we're only @ Vexen lol.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Today should be Xaldin, Monday should be Xigbar, and Tuesday (29th) should be Xemnas.
Don't think we're behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back