• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official "Days is Released so Post Here About that Fact" Discussion Thread.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Actually, I thought it might be significant to Braig and Ven in the past.

Yeah, I just realized that as I was thinking about it earlier today.

Speaking of which, Saix and Marluxia have been my favorite members for ages, but is anyone else finding Xigbar and Demyx hilarious? Demyx and his lazy carefree attitude is amusing. And Xigbar... he loves having fun.

[quote]Roxas: Don't be ridiculous. I'm here to back you up!
Xigbar: You're here to- Ah ha ha! As if!
Xigbar: Kiddo, the only thing you'll ever save me from is boredom.[/quote]

EDIT:

Just beat the game. Loved it. Things got pretty crazy towards the end, but I'll keep this spoiler free. Took me a little over 30 hours because I was taking my time trying to fully complete missions, even though I wasn't able to complete them all, let alone completely. I came across an optional-heartless boss near the end of the game that took down about 80% of my HP or so in one hit while I was Level 5X, so I didn't even bother with him just yet. Keep in mind, this is on Normal mode. I'm not going to play Proud mode for a while, I'm going to concentrate on Mission Mode and playing as the other Organization members for a while.

At any rate, the game overall was amazing if you're a major Organization XIII fan, great if you're a general KH-in-particular-fan, and might be confusing otherwise. This game was overshadowed by BBS for most of the KH community, and mainly lived up to the expectations to those who found Organization XIII interesting, such as myself. I just wish I knew people around here that played KH, let alone people around my age of 20.

I'm hoping Birth by Sleep will impress me as well. Days seemed to be mainly for Organization XIII fans and those who wanted great KH multiplayer. Even though BBS will have a multiplayer mode, I strongly doubt it will be as organized as Days', but I could be wrong.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Amulet

... Ugh. My mom promised she'd buy the game for me but she keeps pushing it off. Today she told me that I'd have the game "... Sometime this week."

Chances are she'll push it back again. =\

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
... Ugh. My mom promised she'd buy the game for me but she keeps pushing it off. Today she told me that I'd have the game "... Sometime this week."

tell the bitch that you demand your game after years and years of hard work and managing to survive in this cruel world. i'm sure she'll sympathise.

also i played as some of the characters and the only good ones so far are saix and roxas. marluxia's okay-ish.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards

That's exactly how my dad is with everything. I'm getting Days today, and I hope he won't push it back.
I should be getting it around 5ish, and normally when I don't get something I want, I hide his condoms.

don't look at me like that, it actually works

Amulet

That's exactly how my dad is with everything. I'm getting Days today, and I hope he won't push it back.
I should be getting it around 5ish, and normally when I don't get something I want, I hide his condoms.

don't look at me like that, it actually works

LMAO.
Anyways, I doubt I helped anything when I asked her to drive me to Gamestop yesterday because I heard about the "trade 2 DS games and get Days free" deal. Turns out only one of the games I had brought in was able to be traded in...

My mom got angry for wasting her time cause before we left she was like "watch, you probably read it wrong or something and you're just wasting my time."

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
Day 277 now. Just saw a great scene... and the scans were wonderful since they didn't even HINT that this was how the scene played out.

Also, still loving the Sora scenes. Nice way to use the bottom screen during text scenes,

Norpthalomus

It's better than drinking alone
Awards
Website
ultimumrome.tumblr.com
Ok, here we go: I beat KH Days yesterday. I bought it on the release and beat it on Proud Mode. By the time I finished, I was around level 55.

Anyway, here's my review: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days is a great game, earning a 10/10 from my standards.

The game was a great addition to the Kingdom Hearts series, and is by far my favorite. And I'm not just saying it because I love Kingdom Hearts as a whole, the game blew me away entirely.

When KHII was entirely over easy, had reaction commands, and drive forms, I was a bit disappointed. Granted, I still loved the game, and I think it had the second best storyline out of all the Kingdom Hearts games. Days righted the wrongs of the game preceeding it, and it multiplied its strong suits by ten.

The game's storyline: OMG is all I have to say. The game had the BEST storyline out of all the Kingdom Hearts games, even passing the original KH. It was engaging, lovable, enjoyable, and you really connect with all of the characters. It gave us the perfect look of the members of Organization XIII. 11/10

The Gameplay: Simply marvelous. I love how the game plays, it's extremely fun to play, and it is even better than other KH battle systems. Bravo, Square Enix. 10/10

Enemies: There was a perfect mix of old and new. Only thing I didn't like was that they had way overpumped health. Believe me, I love a challenge, but I would have preffered stronger attacks rather than extreme health. 9/10

Camera: While everything has flaws, people bitched waaaay too much about the camera being horrid. I thought the camera was just fine, even though it did mess up every once in a while. I give the camera a 7/10.

Multiplayer: The mulitiplayer is very fun. I like how they added it very much, and it adds to the game experience and value very much. 9/10

Panel System: I love it. I like it MUCH more than any of the traditional means of leveling up/magic/items/etc. Those of you who fear it will be a CoM rehash as far as decks go and all that, you're wrong. The panels decimate the CoM control style, which I already enjoyed to the extreme. 10/10

Cutscenes: Only problem with them is that I wish there were more. The theater mode gives a FANTASTIC touch to the game, and it will be appreciated. 11/10

This game flowed perfectly with the series. I loved the game, and it's my favorite game, it's even bumped my other favorites. Fans and newbies alike will enjoy Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.

I can't wait to earn Sora, get better weapons, and complete all the challenges. Not to mention I've only done multiplayer with my cousin once so far.

If you're debating on whether to buy this game, make sure you DO.

This is NOT the game to miss. I hope Disney/Square Enix continues its great work on Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep.

Thank you for taking the time to read this review.

Awards
Speaking of which, Saix and Marluxia have been my favorite members for ages, but is anyone else finding Xigbar and Demyx hilarious? Demyx and his lazy carefree attitude is amusing. And Xigbar... he loves having fun.

They fleshed out Xigbar great. You can tell everything he does has an ulterior motive, but he has his silly side.

As for characters I wasn't impressed with... Luxord takes the cake. They could have done so much more with his "Life is just a game" theme, yet just about everything he says is a pun of gambling. Very two dimensional.
You could argue that Demyx is like that with being lazy, but he provides more comic relief (and talks less about being lazy than Luxord does about gambling anyway).

Some people have complained that Days still doesn't do the KH2 Organization members justice; that the CoM members still have better development.

I disagree.

If you're looking for a lot of interaction between the Organization members in Days, you won't find much. But if you're looking for character development, all you need is their dialogue with Roxas.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Day 277 now. Just saw a great scene... and the scans were wonderful since they didn't even HINT that this was how the scene played out.

Also, still loving the Sora scenes. Nice way to use the bottom screen during text scenes,

Oh is it that one scene when
Axel tells Xion he'll bring him back or whatever?
I'm only on Day 255, almost there.

Also, idk if this is plausible or not. But how I came to think of Xion's name is like this
Namine Sora Kairi
If you reverse those letters in the order they're in you get Ion, add an 'X' and there's Xion. Dunno if it's plausible or anything, it just crossed my mind. If it's stated in the game and I'm wrong, forget what I said then

Sacred X

Freshmeat
As for characters I wasn't impressed with... Luxord takes the cake. They could have done so much more with his "Life is just a game" theme, yet just about everything he says is a pun of gambling. Very two dimensional.
You could argue that Demyx is like that with being lazy, but he provides more comic relief (and talks less about being lazy than Luxord does about gambling anyway).

Yeah, Luxord was barely an NPC you can talk to, and the first mission you had with him wasn't until over halfway through the game. Even then, I believe most or all of his missions were in Wonderland, and only had about 3 missions with dialogue.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
Oh is it that one scene when
Axel tells Xion he'll bring him back or whatever?

NO, it's where
Roxas is on DI and sees a cloak, thinks it's xion, only to find out it's ZEXION during CoM talking to Riku, and then both Riku and Zexion start saying the same lines while Roxas is in pain, which turns into Xion, then Riku, then Sora.

Clip:!
[youtube]9bXs2GShTPA[/youtube]

Anyway day 321! A big reveal didn't surprise me too much (which it should have. The hints were kind of big and it just came off as anti climatic.

But who was LISTENING... that surprised me even more for some reason.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Xion's name comes from

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oh, I was off then.
I'll try playing this later tonight if I can. Really want to know what happens.
Right at the part where
Xion takes off into Castle Oblivion. And she thinks she met Axel here before and is lying. Obviously thinking of Sora's memory, am I right?

Pianoajd2

I didn't want to post a new thread about this, so...

How long does it take to beat the game, including cutscenes?

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
Couldn't get the rom to work, had some gamestop credit (I was originally going to use on Soul Silver and Heart Gold) so I bout this game, it has been good. Graphics could be tuned up slightly, but ehh. I am on day 14.

Awards
Just beat story mode.

I tried out mission mode (amazingly for the first time, haven't even bothered with it).
Even though you play as a different character, I have zero ambition to go through and play the exact same levels over again (with no one else to play with). Might pick it up in a while but for now I'll just be completing synthesis in story mode.

Might have just been the panels I was using, but Xigbar's style was pretty bad. Both his ground and aerial combo were difficult to actually hit the heartless with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back