• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The 'Challenge Mission' Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Since many people are beating the game, they're trying out these challenge missions. This can be used as both a discussion and help thread, I suppose.

I'm glad these are here, since most of the game was pretty easy (though extremely fun) for me.

My current stats are:
164 Tokens
64% Complete

How are you doing with your Challenge Missions?

Izayoi

galactic cancer
I am pretty much terrified to do the time attack ones, because I find most of them are long and require me to find certain paths, and that my insignas seem to all drain at once after I finish the mission and as I'm just going back to the portal.

KeybladeLegacy5

SENPAI!
ehh, somewhere around 100, they seem to bore me though, like he said trying to find a path is time consuming and i hate how you lose all three on your way back to the portal, its really stupid

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
115 gotten, 45% x.x

I hate the restrictions. "Hey, beat this CLEARLY easier-to-beat-with-magic-enemy in record time without magic! :D"

The Dual Blade one, for example, could be cleared in under 30 seconds if the no Magic rule wasn't there. They seem to like to spit in the faces of the strategies they crafted for beating the enemies. :\

Seriously. "Don't miss with attacks - Solid Armor"

"btw, no attack magic </3"

Good thing Xaldin's allowed to miss. D:

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan
I dont very much care for the challenge missions, very tedious and lame. I think i have 20% completed maybe?

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
I dont very much care for the challenge missions, very tedious and lame. I think i have 20% completed maybe?

Say that after you see some of the rewards. :\

Haste is an absolutely amazing ability which is only available through Challenge Tokens. The only reason I want to get more tokens is to get the second Haste LV+ so that Roxas will become Speedy Gonzalez. :eek: I wanna outrun the Dustflier's shockwave and Meteor Breath on foot. That will make my Days experience complete. <3

The free Slot Releasers and Level Ups are useful, too.

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
I absolutely hate, hate beating Saix challenge. What was it again? Time limit, no heals. Seriously, I glided through everyone to him, spammed limits that he didn't blocked, and what did I get?

1 insignia.

I was mightily pissed off. Same with the no missing Riku. That was horrible.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
I absolutely hate, hate beating Saix challenge. What was it again? Time limit, no heals. Seriously, I glided through everyone to him, spammed limits that he didn't blocked, and what did I get?

1 insignia.

For the record, Glide is decidedly slower than both LV3 Dodge Rolling and LV5 Air Sliding. >_> I prefer Rocket Glide to get to where I'm going during timed challenges. Normal Glide is really really slow.

Sacred X

Freshmeat

1 insignia.

Saix's one is pretty hard. I only got 2 tokens from his, but you need to hit him outside of his berserk state. When he's in his berserk state, his defense is way too high.

As for no missing Riku, I thought that would be bad, but I actually beat him with 0 hits missed on my first shot. The keyblade used for the fight (with sliding dash?) made things very simple so long I was careful. Also using limits is great, as limits never count as a "miss".

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
Oh, now you tell me limits don't count. I was afraid to use it cause it tends to not land its hits.

And I do have rocket glide. But Saix keeps refusing to be hit out of berserk.

Not to mention how he keeps buying time by jumping away to that platform, and camping there for three seconds at a time.

UnstoppableSound

115 gotten, 45% x.x

I hate the restrictions. "Hey, beat this CLEARLY easier-to-beat-with-magic-enemy in record time without magic! :D"

The Dual Blade one, for example, could be cleared in under 30 seconds if the no Magic rule wasn't there. They seem to like to spit in the faces of the strategies they crafted for beating the enemies. :\

Seriously. "Don't miss with attacks - Solid Armor"

"btw, no attack magic </3"

Good thing Xaldin's allowed to miss. D:

That's the point....how would it be a challenge if they made it easy?

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
That's the point....how would it be a challenge if they made it easy?

That was my point. They made some of them TOO easy by making them simple time trials instead of implementing the harder requirements such as no missing and take no damage. Time trials just require you to play the level a couple times to get the best route through it and then kick its ass in under a minute (usually 1:30 or so), which is much easier than if you had to, say, get through the entire mission without suffering a single blow.

I was also commenting on the ridiculous restrictions, such as disallowing magic in a time trial when you're pitted against an enemy who is clearly supposed to be killed with magic. Make the required time lower and allow magic, this way those who try to use slower strategies can't clear it... Eh, I just don't like how they give you strategies for beating the enemies in the Files and then don't allow you to utilize many of them in the challenges.

XYZ

Yeah, I'm not a terribly big fan of the Challenge Mode. I haven' really given it a fair shot though, I was so concerned with blasting through the Story, I would only do a Challenge if a lounging member in the Græy Room would specifically ask me to. Anywho, I've been trying to complete the regular Mission Mode and then I'm gonna focus more on the Challenges.

But, so far I'm:

13% Complete with 34 tokens.

Last edited:
Awards
Only about 35% right now because I didn't even bother doing the challenges until I beat the game.

And I'm just realizing all of the cool stuff I could have gotten earlier by redeeming the sigils.

The first challenge I did, mainly for kicks, was the Xion no damage challenge... and I did it on my first try. Don't let it deceive you, though, because you CAN be hit. I was hit four times and didn't lose anything.

Her first form was actually a bitch to no damage. Her attacks are easily avoided, but that isn't the problem. I was being really cautious and, because of this, she kept doing that attack where she regains health, effectively erasing my progress. Second and third form are fairly easy (just have to watch out for that special attack in her third form), and the fourth... well, I really didn't have any strategy besides staying close to her as possible which for some reason seems to work. When you're gliding into Xion, most of her attacks miss.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
The first challenge I did, mainly for kicks, was the Xion no damage challenge... and I did it on my first try. Don't let it deceive you, though, because you CAN be hit. I was hit four times and didn't lose anything.

Her first form was actually a bitch to no damage. Her attacks are easily avoided, but that isn't the problem. I was being really cautious and, because of this, she kept doing that attack where she regains health, effectively erasing my progress. Second and third form are fairly easy (just have to watch out for that special attack in her third form), and the fourth... well, I really didn't have any strategy besides staying close to her as possible which for some reason seems to work. When you're gliding into Xion, most of her attacks miss.

Jeez, only 4 hits total on your first try? On my first try I got hit about 68 times, and I passed with 2 tokens. Her 2nd form troubled me the most, what with spamming ragnarok and so. Most no damage missions are strict, but this one lets you get hit quite a bit. I also beat Xion's Time Attack in just under 12 minutes, passed with 2 sigils.

UnstoppableSound

That was my point. They made some of them TOO easy by making them simple time trials instead of implementing the harder requirements such as no missing and take no damage. Time trials just require you to play the level a couple times to get the best route through it and then kick its ass in under a minute (usually 1:30 or so), which is much easier than if you had to, say, get through the entire mission without suffering a single blow.

I was also commenting on the ridiculous restrictions, such as disallowing magic in a time trial when you're pitted against an enemy who is clearly supposed to be killed with magic. Make the required time lower and allow magic, this way those who try to use slower strategies can't clear it... Eh, I just don't like how they give you strategies for beating the enemies in the Files and then don't allow you to utilize many of them in the challenges.

I don't remember seeing you say anything about them being too easy in that post. That post was composed entirely of complaints regarding them making easy missions challenging, which is the point of challenge missions.

However, the main point of your statement I do agree with. They did choose to apply restrictions to obvious tactics that you would normally use to beat a certain enemy, which was extremely annoying. For example, with the Antlion boss challenge mission you're only allowed 10 swings with the keyblade, which you have to use entirely to hit blocks back at the ass hole. Also, clearly those people who "use slower strategies" need to pick up their game and learn to play better if they wish to accomplish the missions.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
I don't remember seeing you say anything about them being too easy in that post. That post was composed entirely of complaints regarding them making easy missions challenging, which is the point of challenge missions.

However, the main point of your statement I do agree with. They did choose to apply restrictions to obvious tactics that you would normally use to beat a certain enemy, which was extremely annoying. For example, with the Antlion boss challenge mission you're only allowed 10 swings with the keyblade, which you have to use entirely to hit blocks back at the ass hole. Also, clearly those people who "use slower strategies" need to pick up their game and learn to play better if they wish to accomplish the missions.

I could have sworn I made another post earlier about Challenges and that. ._. Probably got accidentally deleted due to not clicking submit and closing the tab >__>; I do that a lot. Anyway...

Yeah, I should have made it more clear in my original post how I was complaining. The restrictions at times are just dumb, I feel. :\ And seriously, only 10? Does that include full combo or does each swing count as an attack? x__x I suppose if Magic is allowed in that fight it's possible... Just gotta toy with them and see which deals max damage. :\

By slower strategies I was referring to those who swing their Keyblade to take out the Blade enemies (Magic just goes a bunch faster) and stuff like that. Also, I've yet to find a really effective way of taking down Guard Armor and Powered Armor. Is there any really quick, efficient way of cutting that guy down to size that I've missed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back