• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Dawn of The New Key [Azrael] AU Fan-Fic

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Azrael

I mean, Namine said she hated her father about 3 times in a few paragraphs. Like that.

It's a bit repetitive but it emphasizes importances. Namine's hatred of her father and jealousy towards her sister shall play importance into this. And of course, maybe in a chapter or two, a certain pyro head and his former best friend will make a cameo.

(Days spoilers - Minor)

EDIT: Chaos - Yeah of course. I didn't describe well to emphasize Namine's wish to not look at her father, whose face is literally and symbolically hidden in the shadows.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
Aw, poor Namine!!! She is nothing but a tool to be used in one of her father's schemes. Part of me would really love to see her rebelling and kicking some ass, but I don't think that will happen. So, Namine has a sister? You said she did in another post, and I am really curious as to who it is; can't wait to read about more of Namine's background now. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

A

Azrael

"Yo Saix!" yelled out Axel. "Come here and check this out! Look at that place!"

Sigh. A fine example of idiocy! The pyromaniac's excitement never ceased to amaze him. It's just a cathedral for Christ's sake. A fairly common sight in this city. It amazed him, mainly for the reason that his friend could be this excited to come here. Not amazed but rather intrigued that he was able to delude himself into believing he could feel this human emotion. On the contrary, Saix couldn't nor had the desire in deluding himself to pretend he can be human. Even for that moment, he refused to pretend that he had been human, even if the memories retained in his mind confirmed such allegations.

No. I have accepted my fate to remain a heartless monstrosity, forever doomed to wander in the endless path in-between that of light and dark. thought Saix.

"It's probably tallest building I've seen!"

"I doubt it," snorted Saix. "I remember that our headquarters was larger. Far larger than any other building I came across in my life. Now that was a spectacle to behold." He frowned; his grim expression couldn't have been anymore depressing than it could be. How conflicted my thoughts on the old days still are. Things were simpler back then when all of us, including I, were blissfully unaware of what was to befall us all when the Superior betrayed us and tried to purge our existence and for what? In his quest for ultimate power, he ended up failing. He received his just desserts Saix thought. I wonder how the other members are doing now on their own. It has been one year since he had last seen the others. Have they become whole?

"...you must be pulling me leg!" Axel remarked, looking at Saix. He jumped off from the bridge railing back on the ground and ran up towards his partner. "Have you seen the spire on that building? It's huge!"

"Oh come now." Saix said, crossing his arms. "Think for a moment. Do I look like the person who would joke around?

Axel shrugged. "I dunno." He chuckled. "Why don't you tell me since you're the smart one?"

"I hope that once we meet our contact that you'll mature a bit." said Saix.

"No need to get serious and get on my case!" Axel barked at Saix. "Just trying to lighten the mood!"

"Well excuse me but there's no need to act like an immature child." Saix responded. He turned his head and shot a glare at him. "I don't remember you coming up with your ideas." Like that would happen. Axel was a good fighter, but lazy and never seemed to apply himself, . A reason why the plan he devised never made it off the drawing board. And that alone is reason enough that I told him that he would performing the task whilst I supervise him. I can't let him botch this up for us both. It was the only way, it seemed, after what happened last year to gain what he's wanted since the day he was born. My heart.

“Whatever you say." was his response. Axel hated this or rather, he wished he could loathe himself for being convinced to play along. He wasn't keen on meeting this contact who Saix emphasized was interested in their services. Which meant his services. Next to Demyx, he was the laziest member in the Organization but when he did want to go on an assignment, he remembered Saix being the one who came knocking at his door and always chucked him into the portals to take part in those missions. "Just one thing, you haven't told me who we're working for. Tel me that and consider me ready to do what it takes."

Saix paused his feet. “I suppose that after all we've been through in the past year, I can leak something to you. We were once best friends." He had every reason to trust him at this point. Despite having their ups and downs at times, Axel has proven himself to be not just an extra hand or a tool, but a good friend or at least he made Axel think they were. "He refused to divulge his true name but informed me that he prefers to be known as DiZ. Aside from that minor fact, he refused to say anything concerning his identity. I'm to assume he's either a member of nobility or a servant." He paused for a minute and then continued on. "With your question answered, I should expect you to behave. Unless you don't want our hearts back."

"Figures." Axel questioned. "I should have known that it had something with that." In contrast to his partner, his lacking a heart never made much difference to him. Life remained

"I never expected you to believe that I've given up." Saix said. "It's the price for having you chase the girl."

What? Axel raised an eyebrow. "All I have to do is chase some chick? That's it? Sounds easy."

He nodded his head. "To what little has been told to me, then yes." The two men resumed walking up the mount towards the castle, passing through a field of wild roses. Asides from the sounds of birds chirping and woodland creatures rummaging, it was a silent jog to the castle gates. An awkward silence between the two, a silence dating back to when he joined Organization XIII and within a matter of days since officially joining, he stole his childhood friend away from him. With you out of the way, things can be right again. I doubt it though for you had put an eternal sleep. A sleep that's impossible to erase. For a moment, he observed him and sensed the sadness hidden behind that disinterested mug on Axel's face.

Axel was lost in thought. What would happen if had I stopped him? None of this would have happened if I didn't tell him but I couldn't stop myself. Xemnas wanted to kill us; I couldn't let him make Xemnas' dream come true. Am I a bad guy? No? Well...I sort of did cause this. I was the one who brought him in and told him that he was being used. But it doesn't make me a bad person. It probably doesn't since he defeated Xemnas I still had doubts. Why am I alive? What do I want? I’m still having doubts about coming here. What should I have done? What should I do now? Red eyebrows came together in confusion and frustration. He closed his eyes and brought a gloved hand onto his forehead. This hurts...

"Hmph." Saix crossed his arms and scoffed as he continued walking up the path. I've been replaced. He was sure of it and by now, he was restraining the anger and rage building up inside him. Why should I care if Axel cares more about Roxas than me? As long as it doesn't interfere with me becoming whole, he can go cry about him all he wants. My friendship with him may never recover. He scowled. Damn the puppet.

So are you up there? Axel whispered, wondering himself that question. From what he remembered about him, Lea wasn't religious but he remembered some basic stuff. I'm no priest, or saint for that matter but I bet that you're up there... He scratched his head just wondering if Roxas had managed to reach the afterlife after that he's gone through during the years in the group. Reaching a conclusion, he nodded. Yeah. I'm sure he's resting peacefully. After sacrificing yourself for us and stopping Xemnas at the same time, it's a straight ticket there. Great, Roxas has made him think about this religious nonsense.

Before he say anything to end the silence, the doors were slammed open. Saix and Axel's attention were at the doors where a man dressed in red robes was at.

Fin

I was lazy with this chapter but I'll revise it soon.

Last edited:

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
It's very good though. The dialogue gave a good play between Axel's and Saix's states of mind and habits of talk. (though the Negative nancy was a bit random) I take it the girl is Esmerelda?

And was it Saix talking about killing Roxas?

A

Azrael

It's very good though. The dialogue gave a good play between Axel's and Saix's states of mind and habits of talk. (though the Negative nancy was a bit random) I take it the girl is Esmerelda?

And was it Saix talking about killing Roxas?

Perhaps or perhaps not.

Saix killing Roxas? It's very probable. He loathes Roxas.

The girl is who she was in the original.

madammina

Mind pointing out where? Just that DiZ is nobility?

And I saw you repped me... do you want some in return?

A

Azrael

Mind pointing out where? Just that DiZ is nobility?

And I saw you repped me... do you want some in return?

I'm sure I made it clear that Ino (Greek for Sea I believe) was the character mentioned. DiZ is Ansem the Wise and in canon, he's the RG king or was so here I made him Holy Roman Emperor, Archduke of Austria, Prince of Spain, Lord of Burgundy-Valois, etc.

Sure rape me Mina. :D

madammina

No, Ziz, you didn't. You'll have to quote where it is. You've got DiZ being a nobility and Axel chasing a girl. Nothing in there says "Her name is Ino"

And, no. I give my rep out sparingly. (Though I thank you for yours)

A

Azrael

No, Ziz, you didn't. You'll have to quote where it is. You've got DiZ being a nobility and Axel chasing a girl. Nothing in there says "Her name is Ino"

And, no. I give my rep out sparingly. (Though I thank you for yours)

Oh. In the original story Los Sincorazones (her name was Inoue I believe)

I didn't really give Namine's sister a name.

madammina

My main problem is when you just came out saying "That's her sister... durr Mina" When there wasn't much behind it that I could see... it could legitimately be Belle.

But, now that that's cleared up...

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
Hooray!!! Saix and Axel are in the picture!!! I am really loving the dynamic between those two; they have always had the dynamic of two brothers. Now, as far as the other girl, are you talking about the Ino girl? She was the only other girl connected to Namine in the last story, right? Actually, I have another question, was Namine in the last story? I don't remember. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back