• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mystery of the Keychains

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xehanort

The Death Alchemist
Awards
You will note in the most recent Birth By Sleep scan, Master Erauqs's keyblade has a keychain. People have been speculating for a few years now on the significance of keyblades with or without keychains.

It seems that only true Keyblade Masters have Keyblades with keychains.

Aqua, Terra, and Ven are all apprentices to the Keyblade Master Erauqs so they might not be considered true Keyblade Masters yet.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
VAT have been seen with key chains in recent scans. If my memory serves, the key chains look exactly like the keychain their newly discovered master has. The keychains also match their belt/ badges. Which their master also bares.

As to why they have them has yet to be explained,but to understand why we must first learn what the key chains are for, and how a person gets them.

Caxm

how could he be a master if it was ment for riku and he had never touched it.... mabey the rules changed

Last edited:

WilliamTheWise

Website
I do believe he was referred to as 'The Keyblade Master'.
True, but he was never called this by Mickey nor Riku, who also use the keyblade. And as of KH1, no one was present to make a fair comparsion. Sora is called "The keyblade's chosen one" more times than he is called a master. I only recall one time him being call the keyblade master and that was by Goofy. Goofy knew little to nothing about the keyblade, and the way he used it never implied he was a master as in skill. More like a master over the keyblade.

Sora is not a keyblade master, yet. He has never fought at the same level of power as Master Xehanort. He's about as strong as Terra, Ven and Aqua.
But all keyblades have keychains :|
This one didn't
200px-Room_of_Sleep_Aqua%27s_Armour.jpg

Axel's Fire

Website
www.youtube.com
True, but he was never called this by Mickey nor Riku, who also use the keyblade. And as of KH1, no one was present to make a fair comparsion. Sora is called "The keyblade's chosen one" more times than he is called a master. I only recall one time him being call the keyblade master and that was by Goofy. Goofy knew little to nothing about the keyblade, and the way he used it never implied he was a master as in skill. More like a master over the keyblade.

Sora is not a keyblade master, yet. He has never fought at the same level of power as Master Xehanort. He's about as strong as Terra, Ven and Aqua.

This one didn't
200px-Room_of_Sleep_Aqua%27s_Armour.jpg

Technically Riku did call Sora a Keyblade master when he says, "There can't be two Keyblade Masters."...im just sayin...but I do get what you mean and I agree with you for the most part.

WilliamTheWise

Website
Technically Riku did call Sora a Keyblade master when he says, "There can't be two Keyblade Masters."...im just sayin..
I hear ya,
But again I think that line points to ownership. This line happened in KH1, in Hollow Bastion, Right?

As we've seen today of all days, Two Keyblade masters did exist 10 years before KH1 and likely even more during the keyblade wars. And plus what did Riku know about the keyblade at that time? It was basically still a mystery as well.
The two of them were fighting over control of the keyblade and yet neither one of them was a "Master" as in skill. He was saying, they both couldn't share this keyblade, because at this time only one was known to exist to most people. Riku meant there couldn't be more than one holder of this keyblade, and refered to themselves as masters in the sense of control of property. Not skill.

FallenVirgo

Im pretty sure it does show a sign of mastery. But then what do the ones Sora obtains from each world? He mastered those worlds?

And I think because other scans show TAV with Keychains it's because of the simple fact that they passed the Exam before departing. The trailer did show them about to start an exam. They probably passed it then started travelling to different worlds.

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
Goofy knew little to nothing about the keyblade, and the way he used it never implied he was a master as in skill.

He was present during Mickey's training while he was under Yensid's apprenticeship, so i'm sure he must know a significant amount about the skills necessary to wield the Keyblade.

This one didn't

Now it does.

WilliamTheWise

Website
He was present during Mickey's training while he was under Yensid's apprenticeship, so i'm sure he must know a significant amount about the skills necessary to wield the Keyblade.
Then why didn't Mickey tell them to look for the one holding the keyblade? He only refered to it as a key? Almost as if they didn't know what it was. Second neither Donald or Goofy seemed to know all that much about the keyblade. Sora basically learned about it on his own. And watching Mickey train as a keyblade wielder isn't the same as knowing what a true master really is. To call Sora a master based on this training wouldn't be a fair comparsion still. The fact remains that since no one was around to properly compare Sora he was refered to as a master by mistake.

Now it does.
Apparently not, considering that pic takes place after BBS and there still isn't a keychain attached to it.

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
Then why didn't Mickey tell them to look for the one holding the keyblade? He only refered to it as a key? Almost as if they didn't know what it was. Second neither Donald or Goofy seemed to know all that much about the keyblade. Sora basically learned about it on his own. And watching Mickey train as a keyblade wielder isn't the same as knowing what a true master really is. To call Sora a master based on this training wouldn't be a fair comparsion still. The fact remains that since no one was around to properly compare Sora he was refered to as a master by mistake.

Most of Birth by Sleep seems to have been forgotten, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was one of the things forgotten.

Apparently not, considering that pic takes place after BBS and there still isn't a keychain attached to it.

Kingdom Hearts 2 may be more recent in the Kingdom Hearts timeling but, Birth by Sleep is more recent in designs and story develpoement so, if the recent scans show images of they're keyblades with keychains then I assume that they have now designed keychains for they're keyblades. So at the moment the only keyblade that hasn't had a keychain is the Heart Unlocker wich is an Artificial Keyblade.

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
in the new scans we can see that TAV has keychains o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back