• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Dawn of The New Key [Azrael] AU Fan-Fic

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
I don't understand the Riku/Sora/Kairi thing at all. He talks about not wanting Sora to stab himself, (claiming it's part of Ansem's plan) then goes on to say he killed Sora and Kairi? And what about how memories tied up into this?

I hope Riku doesn't die though... unless he's about to have a memory overload.

Keep track track of how you refer to Riku though... you sometimes refer to him as a teenager, and before he was Rikunort who was probably in his 30's or 40's.

Sad and confusing chapter, Ziz. (and no memories.... I was hoping they could be put in)

A

Azrael

I don't understand the Riku/Sora/Kairi thing at all. He talks about not wanting Sora to stab himself, (claiming it's part of Ansem's plan) then goes on to say he killed Sora and Kairi? And what about how memories tied up into this?

I hope Riku doesn't die though... unless he's about to have a memory overload.

Keep track track of how you refer to Riku though... you sometimes refer to him as a teenager, and before he was Rikunort who was probably in his 30's or 40's.

Sad and confusing chapter, Ziz. (and no memories.... I was hoping they could be put in)

Remember that Riku's desperate to have his memory back so he's willing to stab his heart to get the memories back even if it results in him becoming a Heartless. He did murder Sora and Kairi, after she ended up purifying him just like in the canon. I'll put those memory scenes when I see fit. It's of course my story.

madammina

I understand he DID, just not when... I'm kind of confused (and when did Kairi purify him?)

No, I just finished up shortly after you posted, so I was hoping to make it in with the memories.

What DID happen to Riku? Is he a heartless now? or just injured?

A

Azrael

I understand he DID, just not when... I'm kind of confused (and when did Kairi purify him?)

No, I just finished up shortly after you posted, so I was hoping to make it in with the memories.

What DID happen to Riku? Is he a heartless now? or just injured?

Kairi purified Sora the same time that she did in the original KH. It's obvious. AU is AU but some sections of the canon remain the same.

Riku's injured. Expect massive overload.

YouTube - Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Cutscenes 07 - Snarl of Memories (English)

Something like this. Expect to be included. Minus Xion. I mean Ino.

madammina

OKAY! Sorry... I thought you were saying Kairi purified Riku, and I was confused.

Poor guy... he's going to be so confused.

I LOVE that scene! (really) Tell me if you need anything for it.

A

Azrael

OKAY! Sorry... I thought you were saying Kairi purified Riku, and I was confused.

Poor guy... he's going to be so confused.

I LOVE that scene! (really) Tell me if you need anything for it.

Oh you think? I intend to tear up apart Riku. Having an illusion Kel-- turn into Zexion would make me cackle.

When I write the analogue of CoM, you'll see that he'll won't just be dealing with memories. Oh no, rather what could had been but had not been made into reality.

But that's a story for another day.

madammina

A possible future where he married Kelsie and had kids?

I think it would be funny, but sad, if it's Zexion who rescues Rikunort from this.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
So, when Sora stabbed himself, it was when he turned himself into a heartless to save Kairi, correct? And then Riku goes and kills them both? Why did Riku kill Sora and Kairi? What was the whole purpose? Can't wait until you go more into that. So, Riku won't die right? He is just injured right? Well, I can't wait to see what happens to him, maybe have Zexion help him (I really agree with madammina's comment about Zexion helping him; it would be sad and funny). Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

A

Azrael

So, when Sora stabbed himself, it was when he turned himself into a heartless to save Kairi, correct? And then Riku goes and kills them both? Why did Riku kill Sora and Kairi? What was the whole purpose? Can't wait until you go more into that. So, Riku won't die right? He is just injured right? Well, I can't wait to see what happens to him, maybe have Zexion help him (I really agree with madammina's comment about Zexion helping him; it would be sad and funny). Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

It's assumed that the act of murder was done on Riku's own will or Xehanort affecting him.

Zexion helping Riku? That's interesting. It's interesting that I planned on having Repliku guide Riku

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
It's assumed that the act of murder was done on Riku's own will or Xehanort affecting him.

Zexion helping Riku? That's interesting. It's interesting that I planned on having Repliku guide Riku

Well, as far as Riku murdering Sora and Kairi, I am inclined to believe that Xehanort was affecting him, but I am still not sure. I guess we'll know when you write it. And Repliku guiding Riku? Wow, talk about irony, seeing as Repliku did everything in his power to get rid of Riku. Then again, it would still be just as ironic with Zexion, seeing as Zexion was the one to screw with his memories. Well, I guess I'll just have to wait to see where you take this.

sassysis10

Aw poor Riku. He's desperate to get his memories back. So will Zexion or Repliku cross path's wtih him? I'd like to see how that would play out.

A

Azrael

BUMP.

I'll update this relatively soon and replace this message with the next chapter

- Ziz

A

Azrael

_____

Chapter Nine:

"I can't believe it! I'm almost there!" shouted Benjamin's voice ecstatically. Just a little bit left more...until I make it back to the house.

The sweating brunet came into view, finally coming to a brief pause to his foot movements. He looked down, placing his hands over his kneecaps as he caught some fresh air before looking up and spotting several plain low and medium-level buildings in the midst of the tall, elegantly-build and decorated mosques and palaces that dotted Constantinople's beautiful skyline. From this point, one could see the rest of the entire capital and the outlying agricultural lands on opposite ends of the Dardanelles. Not like it mattered since he had his schedule filled attempting to rush back home with his present for Olette.

Ben felt fatigue at the moment; he had spend the past several minutes jumping from rooftop to rooftop as he carved his own shortcut through the unusually quiet city of Constantinople. Spotting an antiquated and non-operational Roman water fountain, he hoped to take a breather. At least before attempting to continue his return trip to the hostel he and his friends stayed at. He sat by the water fountain, deep in thought.

Hm. I wonder what time is it
. thought Benjamin, tilting his head up.

He looked up at the clock-tower for the time. It's 12:35. Seeing the time, Ben lowered his head and let out a deep, sad sigh. I can't believe it! All those shortcuts...and still I'm one mile away from making it back home. Oh dang it. There's no point in continuing to run anymore...it's already late and I'm sure that...they've gotten tired of waiting for me to come back and went to go to sleep. Not that I wouldn't blame them for doing that...

His shoulders slumped down as his lips formed a slight frown, dismayed that he wasn't able to make the set requirements that he placed on himself to make it back home. Not to avoid having his rear end possibly kicked by Hayner and Pence for not waking up earlier in the day, go to the mercantile district at Galata and purchase something and head back home to give it then. Benjamin was selfish at times but his disappointment was rather due to his preference to not see Olette shed a tear, especially if it was because he couldn't bother to show up on time. The two teenage were close, like brother and sister and so much so that they were almost never apart; this being one of those rare occassions.

He swore that the day he caused her sadness, he would rather have himself erased from the girl's memory.

He was still undecided on what to do when he heard a voice, that of someone shout: "It's coming to kill us all! Run! Run away before we end up like her!"

Seeing the lanky blond in the bard outfit run past him, Benjamin brushed his hand through his spiky light brown locks. "Okay? Just who in the name of Tesla was that spoony bard?!" He questioned himself, wondering the answer to that question and most importantly, if the kook in question had good reason to run away. Even if he was a coward, I can't assume he ran away for no reason. Who would do that anyways?

I do wonder if he did it for no reason at all...
He chuckled a bit, playing with the assumption that the bard was either an escapee from the mental institutions or an attention whore. Yet it didn't take that long, several seconds for the brunet to question himself. "What if he's right and there is something beyond in that direction that could kill me? I'm not sure if I want to find out...especially on my own."

His energy had been expended jumping from rooftop to rooftop, making him tired. Plus to make things more worse, he had no weapon to defend himself in case anyone or anything for that matter had the temptation to ambush and rob him. "Forget it. I'm leaving this place." muttered Benjamin in a soft tone. No point in risking trouble when I could be sleeping at a nice bed! No point in continuing to stay in the empty public square, he scratched his head as one last thought still plagued him.

"I remember a her being mentioning," said Benjamin. But who is she? What is she to me? Why am I thinking about her right now when I could be...when I could be...going home...what's happening to me? My mind...

Static.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UoqoRDDo6A

"Master Xemnas, these two dolls has took the preliminary physical and mental tests that I imposed on it back at the laboratory. The dolls' construction was an arduous task for myself to take on without anyone's help in the experimentation. Nevertheless I had done what was once thought impossible by creating the first replication of a human, no less a Keybearer that's been deceased for almost three centuries. Master and my comrades, the experiment has concluded in absolute success. Loe and behold, the first two out of the three hundred and sixty five replicas that you ordered me to create."

Four hooded figures dressed in black coats eyed No. IV. It was one of those rare occasions a select group of Organization members were gathered together like this, for they were mandated to do so by the Superior and learning from recent rebellious events that fell upon the group, it would be quite unwise for anyone at this point to against his wishes. That and these selected members were curious to catch a glimpse of this scientific advancement but only the group's second-in-command No. VII was close enough to peak.

"Hm. You claim that toying around with puppets has come to a success?" No, VII commented. The hooded man's eyes glowed a bright orange and as they shifted their focus from the dormant replica on the cot that it rested on to its creator, the elderly blond man wearing the same coat as he and scientific goggles. He crossed his arms and shot a blank stare targeted at him. "Just look at them. They're dead. I was aware that you're a medicore scientist but I expected even you to not mess up with a simple replication order."

Coding.

Please compulse yourself Vexen. If you don't pay any mind to him and await questions from the Superior and the others as you were doing before, this meeting will be over. He'll be gone and everything will be fine.

No. IV’s mind was about to flare up any minute now, unable to handle his comrades' insults concerning his handling of the Replica Program that the Organization Superior assigned him as head administrator. He had envisioned this meeting to conclude in congratulations and praise for him from the Superior and the other founding members, not be insulted by some neophyte lucky enough to come on to Xemnas' good side and become the group's vizier. As an apprentice alchemist to Ansem, Even was no stranger to critics such as the Catholic Church, considering the science to be witchcraft and all those who practiced to be heretics. He continued his alchemy career, undisturbed by the locals whom he served willingly under wise Ansem's reign.

Yet nothing prepared him to be chastised by some neophyte, especially if that neophyte happened to be that blue-haired moon-manipulating fool. No. IV tried every measure to stop this bullying from No. VII be it complaining to the higher-ranking members No. II and No. III to do something and deal with that blue haired monster to going out of his own introvertic character and try to become friends and figure out the reasons behind him bullying the academic whenever they were in close promixity to one another. Nothing seemed to work for him, at least what his former self Even would've known had he faced a situation.

"Oh my No. IV, I find your silence to be quite abnormal. Is something wrong?" No VII teased again, whispered to the older man's ears as he hoped to anger him in front of the Superior. He paused briefly, breathing at the man's ears and whispered once more. "But then again, if that were true, everything would be normal in that case. Wouldn't it? You're nothing more than a screw-up. I mean, don't you agree?"

Yet he wasn't Even no longer but his nobody Vexen, a man physically similar yet slightly different in personality and temperament.

Static. Coding. Fizzle.

The room was dark and small although the darkness could be blamed on the Superior's preference to forego any candle illumination asides from what was provided already in the member's rooms. It was a cramped room, filled with large collections of Egyptian papyrus scrolls and other miscellaneous items that were dispersed around. Leaning on the room's far side were two circular glass containers, filled with an artificial water substitute, adjacent to one another and connected via a vast array of cables attached to the floor and walls. Inside the containers, naked bodies of dormant teenagers floated up.

Inside the left container was a naked boy, around fourteen and fifteen years and having a slender but slightly muscular build for his body. A compensation for being short in comparison to others his age. Adjacent and to the right, a black-haired girl floated in her respective container. Wires of some unknown composition were connected to the dormant adolescents' bodies in the following positions: armpits, hands, back of their heads and feet. To the average person, it was a disgusting sight to have those two in such a deplorable condition but to No. IV who used the room as its working space and it's latest visitor, it was just normal

"Friends. How long has it been, my old friends? It feels like it's been a while since I mustered the strength to converse with you two." spoke a deep, masculine voice out of nowhere. The screen turned around and the room's only door opened up, allowing entrance to the hooded man that No. IV presented his report to. He walked over to the throne placed at the room's center and sat on it. "I hope that you did not think I've forgotten about the covenant I made with you. Once the Chamber of Waking is discovered, I'll pay a visit to it and have all those forgotten memories from my past return to me and create a new heart. For then I can end this charade and cast off the mask to those members oblivious of the truth. My name being..."

All went silent and black before he could witness the hooded man's true name be revealed.

Coding.

The hooded man, alone with the dormant children in the Chamber of Repose, "spoke" with them. The topics on what he spoke to them about varied in contrast to what he discussed with his fellow Organization members, even those founding members whom he shared a past as apprentice to Ansem. Be it his determination to continue his endless search for the Chamber of Waking to ranting on the bickering that went on between members No. IV and No. VII earlier in the mid afternoon. He (tried to) express himself through laughter but he knew deep down that he was nothing more than an emotionless shell.

"It's been one year since the Replica uprising. I tried to have the memory erased by recruiting Namine. You remember the girl I brought in our last meeting, the witch who holds power over the Hero's memories. I've mandated her to shatter the chains but she warned me that I would fall into sleep and lose the rest of my memories causing instability to encur to my existence. I couldn't have that for obivous reasons." said the hooded man as he raised his head once more, looking at the sleeping replicas. He coughed a bit and cleared his throat. "I can't trust anyone to rule Organization should I pass on to the Void. I can not and will not allow that. Not yet When the time come, we can truly and finally exist as whole beings."
Static.

"Now you'll see..."

"How's this?"

"Time to finish you off!"

"Is that all you got?"

"Stop holding back!"

"Get ready, Axel!"

"Ah!"

Hearing the fighting cries from the distance, Benjamin came into his senses from the memory overflow and quickly got up from the fountain as he moved his head around. He was tired and having endured so much jumping from building to building, it seemed unlikely that he could continue any further. Yet for some abnormal reason that he couldn't offer any explanation to, the brunet managed to detect her. He rushed to the south of his current position towards the area where he heard the noises.

His excitement retreated and he started feeling uneasy, he started feeling his luck abandoning him. Ben finally felt uneasy and stopped looking for the source of the constant noise that continued to get louder and louder by the minute. He turned to the west towards the sea and wished he had not. At the docks, he approached a bit closer and ended up shocked at what he saw.

Who the heck... is that standing there? thought Benjamin as he stepped back.

By the time he made it to the abandoned dockyard, he spotted a black haired girl lying on the concrete pavement, presumably knocked unconscious. She dressed in black garments that he couldn't help but feel were familar. Surrounding the girl and spread out throughout the harbor, he saw countless numbers of faceless white creatures prancing around the pavement like ballerinas. Further away near some vessels at the distance, the white creatures were more numerous but that wasn't what he was concerned with.

"Excellent!

For a top-notch mercenary soldier under the service of the most powerful nation in Europe, his eye sight wasn't exactly the best but even being one hundred meters away, Benjamin spotted a tall lanky redhead or at least that's what he could make out of the character's back. The man's hair was spiky, being all over the place. He spotted the redhead turn his head around and made sure that he was out of sight, hiding behind a barrel, but saw the man's emerald gaze.

Just who is this guy? thought Benjamin as he continued looking. And what he's doing with that girl?

Fin.
_____

Last edited:

madammina

Alright... (oddly, Org XII theme is going off as I write this)

Anyway, you've been through most of my criticism already, so I liked ALOT the Axel bit and the part with the replica's being shown, even if I don't know who the original replica's are.

(And why is Xion there... I thought it was Aqua in that tube)

And do I detect a little Larxene and 14 in regards to Quaxa's real name in this chapter? With how the memory cut off just before the name?

A

Azrael

Alright... (oddly, Org XII theme is going off as I write this)

Anyway, you've been through most of my criticism already, so I liked ALOT the Axel bit and the part with the replica's being shown, even if I don't know who the original replica's are.

Mostly during the flashback scenes involving the Replica production. The Axel bit was small but there for any fans to pick at and nibble. The Replicas was disturbing.

(And why is Xion there... I thought it was Aqua in that tube)

And our Ino is the AU version of Xion although she's more connected to Aqua. That's what.

And do I detect a little Larxene and 14 in regards to Quaxa's real name in this chapter? With how the memory cut off just before the name?

Because it IS inspired from your work. Thank you for giving me that small idea. It's a nod to you.

madammina

Mostly during the flashback scenes involving the Replica production. The Axel bit was small but there for any fans to pick at and nibble. The Replicas was disturbing.

I just thought I'd throw Axel in anyway. I truly liked the replica scene more.

And our Ino is the AU version of Xion although she's more connected to Aqua. That's what.

I mean, wasn't Aqua supposed to be in that tube originally?

Because it IS inspired from your work. Thank you for giving me that small idea. It's a nod to you.

Thanks. Glad to see you remember it (and, She'll learn her name soon.) Thanks for the nod.

A

Azrael

I just thought I'd throw Axel in anyway. I truly liked the replica scene more.

As did I. YouTube - NEW-Organization XIII (ORCHESTRAL)-Drammatica,Kingdom Hearts Fits the flashback scenes.

I mean, wasn't Aqua supposed to be in that tube originally?

Aqua has long dead by Benjamin's time but several years back, a year before Roxas' creation and the second Replica Program, an Aqua Replica existed but she ended up nearly annihilating Organization XIII so she was killed. It'll be explained in a future prequel.

Thanks. Glad to see you remember it (and, She'll learn her name soon.) Thanks for the nod.

Can't wait and no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back