• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cannabalism - Always a no?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Masamune

Big Boss
so kiddies what about it?

do you think cannibalism under any circumstance is unjustified or wrong? or is there certain times when eating another human can save your life, that justifies it?

lets suppose, you're stranded in a jungle along with a few other people. You have no food and one of the guys is seriously injured and not hoping to make it.

would you

a) Kill him and eat him?

or

b) Die along with him.

krexia

Translator
Awards
Interesting relevant case: R v Dudley and Stephens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are you only talking about survival situations, or cannibalism in the broader sense? Personally I see nothing morally wrong with eating flesh from a dead human. But I think cannibalism would be a very tricky issue in practical terms - like euthanasia.

System Shock

Bronze Member
Awards
Well.. In the survival sense of things, If said person is already dead, I would see nothing wrong eating them as a last result. Though it would still be weird, and I'm not sure I personally could ever do it.

When it comes down to cannibalism being performed for traditional purposes or done out of insanity, then it becomes horribly wrong. Nothing is right about killing and eating another living being merely out of the simplicity of it.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
a) Kill him and eat him?

or

b) Die along with him.

I think there are more options than that. In the most extreme situation where I would even consider doing that, I would suggest that we wait for one of us to die then the remainder can eat him.

I doubt I ever would do it but that if I had to it would be in that way. I will not murder to keep me alive.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Soylent green anyone?

I guess if its a life or death thing, you're gonna die anyways so you might as well eat to live.

But doesnt it seem weird, ironic at least, that you are killing someone so you wont die.
The way I see it ,death isnt a bad thing. I would rather die than kill. I think if I killed someone I would be reminded of them for the rest of my life.

Not if you like McDonalds.

That is quite disgusting.

Send him to go find help. Its not like he is going to starve.

But doesnt it seem weird, ironic at least, that you are killing someone so you wont die.
The way I see it ,death isnt a bad thing. I would rather die than kill. I think if I killed someone I would be reminded of them for the rest of my life.

I'm not saying you would be normal after fileting and cooking someone up. But Most people wouldn't want to die, they fear it so.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
I'm not saying you would be normal after fileting and cooking someone up. But Most people wouldn't want to die, they fear it so.

I understand that but what about the person you killed? Im sure they wanted to live aswel. You can call it survival of the fittest but its not much compitition when you stab them in their sleep or all gang up on them.

Rix

:)
Awards
I don't know if I could kill a person to eat him/her no matter how weak he/she was.. Would probably have waited until he/she died. I would probably have eaten another human if that was the only way for me to survive, but no killing.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I probably couldn't kill them, but if there's no other food and they're dead right next to me I'm damn well not going to waste that source of food.

Aria

braver by the minute
I wouldn' eat anyone even if I was going to die if I didn't. It's too disgusting and wrong IMO :p

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
Cannibalism's fine in any situation in my books.

If we can justify eating any other source of food, why not this one?

A

Azrael

so kiddies what about it?

do you think cannibalism under any circumstance is unjustified or wrong? or is there certain times when eating another human can save your life, that justifies it?

lets suppose, you're stranded in a jungle along with a few other people. You have no food and one of the guys is seriously injured and not hoping to make it.

would you

a) Kill him and eat him?

or

b) Die along with him.

If I was in a situation where there was no possible food source other than human flesh and my best friend has died, I would regret it and feel guilty but still eat him or her.

It's me or him/her/them.

XIII Nobodies

Ok, for those of you saying" omg cannibalism, who would do such a thing?" Allow me to elaborate for you.

Say you're trying to save electricity because you don't have the money to pay for much. What is the first thing you do? You turn off lights that don't need to be on, of course. Well, the human body works in the same sense. There are so many things operating that require energy to use. If the mind finds that the body is short on energy, it ceases certain functions. For example, the digestive system, reproductive system, and other systems that are not being used, or don't require use at the time, will cease function. This continues to happen until the mind finds that there is not much time left before the heart runs out of energy to pump blood through the body, not to mention, blood cells need energy to perform their functions. This is when the brain shuts off any function it can, even if to extend the body's life by just one more minute. So, we of course know that there are areas of the brain that control several functions, one of them being emotion. Now think about that. EMOTION can often hinder one's will to survive. If that becomes a hindrance, guess what, the brain will enter a new level of survival mode. It shuts down the emotional center of the brain because the body NEEDS energy in order to continue. That's when the person is willing to kill, even his/her best friend, just to survive. After that person has eaten his or her best friend, the brain starts up some of the normal functions once again.

It can be a little bit complicating, but that is how the brain works, for both humans and animals. So if you think that you would NEVER commit such an act as cannibalism, let yourself starve for a couple weeks, with only one other human being your food source and tell me if you're still singing the same song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back