• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So... Who's 'not' looking forward to BBS? [Aka. Are you wary of its hype?]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
I find it strange every time I see you make a topic Chrono I always get all excited. But anyway,

Can I interpret that as a "I get a gush of orgasm when I see Chrono's topic?"

...no? ;-;

Ehhh, I was sort of a fan of the idea until I realized what they were riding was Keyblades. I thought they were what Riku and Sora used in the Xemnas Dragon fight back in KH2. I mean, I'm probably going to enjoy flying with the Keyblade everywhere (knowing me) it's just the concept was sort of... kind of fanfic-ish. Like as much as I liked Xion, bringing in a fourteenth member was a bit like a fanfic.

Yeah, as much as everyone has admit. Xion and her inclusion in Organization XIII as number 14 is very fanfic.I can still remember fanfics where they introduce another member, they resort down to "Oh we forgot/didn't mention our 14th member!" as a plot-device.

I have to agree, KH1 and CoM were by far the best of the series, but maybe that's because it seemed like the quality started going downhill when they did KH2. Or maybe because the fact they're taking all the easy routes and just not even really trying anymore. Although, I am still looking forward to BbS redeeming the quality of the series.

"Back in my days, sonny, we have videogames where they make us bleed just to get past the first level. Nowadays, they just hold your hands" *lick dry lips*

But quite a few members here will point out that it's nostalgia that's blinding us. But i can still replay KH1 and still love it. With other games I used to love, they actually turned out worse than I remember. I'm not easily blinded by nostalgia.

As the saying goes "Some things are best left in memories"

A

Audo

legally yes, but creativity-wise, they are all similar to FF characters
At the end of the day, they are Disney characters, and that's really all that matters.

Damn, aren't you guys overreacting?
Audo and Chrono I mean.
I fail to see why Chrono and myself are being singled out when the majority of the thread expressed similar feelings.
In fact, the rest of what you posted doesn't even apply to me.

XIII Nobodies

I think Days was actually kind of pointless, and I hated using the stylus to rotate my camera. Plus, there wasn't as much freedom. From what I gather, here's a sum up of Days:

Marluxia - Keyblade, fufufufu...
Vexen - He he, I like cloning.
Xemnas - I like messing with children. Especially when they have Keyblades.
Sai'x - Where teh f*ck is this stupid Corridor?
Axel - Shit, I hate being caught in the middle.
Roxas - I'm emo. I don't know who I am. Why do I have a keyblade? Where's Xion? Where's Axel?
Xion - Set Kingdom Hearts free.... *fades*

Keyblades as vehicles - As ridiculous as it sounds, it just shows that TAV have mastered the Keyblade pretty well. Heck, Sora was able to make his Keyblades float in Final Form, all they're doing now is making Keyblades float, with the addition of being able to support their own body weight. If I could ride a Keyblade, at least I know I could get to work without having to risk killing myself on the icy roads in the winter.

While yes, I do think some people are getting a little bit too hyped over it, it's something to expect with any new title whose franchise has a large fan-base. Especially since many are curious about the story behind Xehanort and who he really is. As previously stated, we don't know whether it will turn out good, bad, or just ok. I just want to play it so that I can determine whether I like it or not.

B

Blade5468

I fail to see why Chrono and myself are being singled out when the majority of the thread expressed similar feelings.
In fact, the rest of what you posted doesn't even apply to me.

Chrono is singled out because he made the thread.
You're singled out because a good 20~30% of what you post (or at least the posts I see, so I may be wrong) express your dislike of BbS and how much you want it to fail.
Everyone else is not singled out because I just read the first post and yours after it.
Although you're right, most of it was directed at Chrono. So, sorry about that.

A

Audo

I think Days was actually kind of pointless, and I hated using the stylus to rotate my camera.
You do realize there were like four different ways of controlling the camera right? You never had to use the stylus.

Keyblades as vehicles - As ridiculous as it sounds, it just shows that TAV have mastered the Keyblade pretty well. Heck, Sora was able to make his Keyblades float in Final Form
Those are COMPLETELY different things.

You're singled out because a good 20~30% of what you post (or at least the posts I see, so I may be wrong) express your dislike of BbS and how much you want it to fail.
Everyone else is not singled out because I just read the first post and yours after it.
Yeah well all I said in this thread was that the Keyblade Vehicles were stupid.
Don't bother trying to hold me up to past sentiments because more often than not, I'm lying.

B

Blade5468

Yeah well all I said in this thread was that the Keyblade Vehicles were stupid.
Don't bother trying to hold me up to past sentiments because more often than not, I'm lying.

Alright, I won't.
But, just to clear it up, if you were apparently lying back then and all you said here was that the "Keyblade Vehicles were stupid," are you actually looking forward to BbS or not? (by looking forward I mean looking forward to playing and enjoying it, not looking forward to seeing everyone disappointed because it sucks.)

Chrono Mizaki

Banned

Why am I singled out? Because I dare to be the opposition and express my different views?

A

Audo

Yes, the 'select' button being another, more tedious way. What other ways were there?
The shoulder buttons were another. And they had two different set ups for the shoulder buttons.

Did you bother to finish the paragraph?
Yes. They're still completely different things. Yes, Sora can make his Keyblade float through telekinsis or whatever, but what TAV are doing is NOTHING like that. TAV are physically distorting their Keyblade into a shape that looks like a Vehicle. They aren't simply floating on a normal piece of metal, they are changing this hunk of a weapon, engorging it, twisting it, breaking it, separating it, into a form that they ride. that's the stupidity of it.

B

Blade5468

Why am I singled out? Because I dare to be the opposition and express my different views?

What?
You're singled out because the post was directed at you, and I'm singled out by you right now because your post is directed at me.
--
edit: (Actually, I just noticed, in that EXACT quote I answered the very question you asked. You were singled out because you made the thread.)
--
I wasn't saying it like being "singled out" is a bad thing.
All I was doing was disagreeing with your post, in fact, I was answering the thread question that YOU proposed. In that title. "Are you wary of its hype?" No, I am not wary of it, and all my post did was explain why I, personally, [insert chrono-esque 'this is my opinion' shit here] think it's pointless to be wary of it, and even more so pointless to complain about it.

Sheesh.

αsiя

space coke
Its fucking hilarious how people judge BBS because of the riding keyblades
Get over it

A

Audo

Get over it
NEVER.

I think it's fucking hilarious how pretty much everyone gets defensive when someone else has an opinion that doesn't equate to "BBS IS SO AWESUM!". "If you don't like BBS then why are you HERE?!"

leonidus

NEVER.

I think it's fucking hilarious how pretty much everyone gets defensive when someone else has an opinion that doesn't equate to "BBS IS SO AWESUM!". "If you don't like BBS then why are you HERE?!"

Extreme KH fanboys, raiding every square meter of space since 2001.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
What?
You're singled out because the post was directed at you, and I'm singled out by you right now because your post is directed at me.
--
edit: (Actually, I just noticed, in that EXACT quote I answered the very question you asked. You were singled out because you made the thread.)
--
I wasn't saying it like being "singled out" is a bad thing.
All I was doing was disagreeing with your post, in fact, I was answering the thread question that YOU proposed. In that title. "Are you wary of its hype?" No, I am not wary of it, and all my post did was explain why I, personally, [insert chrono-esque 'this is my opinion' shit here] think it's pointless to be wary of it, and even more so pointless to complain about it.

Sheesh.

Oh, then apologies for getting onto the wrong foot. But I was complaining about BBS in general. And what I meant by hype is that everyone on this forum is excited for it except for me =/
Get over it

Actually, I as well as other presented other reasons apart from the Keyblade Vehicles. Why was that a main subject now? Because it's a fucking stupid idea

It fucking annoys me when someone pulls the argument and say "This is a KH forum. Why are you on it?", trying to make out that lovers are suppose to be on the forum and that 'hate' is bad.

Awards
itt bawwing vs dick sucking for a game that hasn't come out

Criticizing people for getting hyped for a game is pretty stupid, almost as stupid as defending a game you know little about.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
itt bawwing vs dick sucking for a game that hasn't come out

Criticizing people for getting hyped for a game is pretty stupid, almost as stupid as defending a game you know little about.

If I remember rightly, I criticise the game so far from impressions on trailer, story so far and gameplay. I never criticise anyone who sucked up in the hype.

But I knew you'll make a post like that, GA.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
It's okay everyone. Nomura read the thread and decided that riding keyblades is a really dumb idea, and it's always been a dumb idea even though no one bitched about it when Terra rode his in KH2FM+. Nomura learned the error of his ways and decided to put gummi ships back in the game, because it was clearly the superior design choice.

Scared you, didn't I?

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
It's okay everyone. Nomura read the thread and decided that riding keyblades is a really dumb idea, and it's always been a dumb idea even though no one bitched about it when Terra rode his in KH2FM+. Nomura learned the error of his ways and decided to put gummi ships back in the game, because it was clearly the superior design choice.

Scared you, didn't I?

I enjoy Gummi Ships. I just don't enjoy the linearity of it and rather embrace a free-roaming version with little dwarf planets for you to explore. Besides, at least it's chilidish awesome than fucked-up childish shit imo.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Unlike most people, I'm going to reserve my judgment. It looks pretty amazing -- storyline, worlds, gameplay. But there's also that underlying feeling of, "oh snap this could turn out just like KHII"; flashy, no substance.

And in the end... I can't help but feel really, really defensive about this game. I love Kingdom Hearts, I love Disney. I get a bit queasy when I read posts complaining that the games are shit. Sure, Keybikes are dumb. Whatever. You can't base the success or failure of a game on that. Personally, I can't see how anyone can hate the worlds, either. But, again, I'm a Disney fan.

B

Blade5468

Unlike most people, I'm going to reserve my judgment. It looks pretty amazing -- storyline, worlds, gameplay. But there's also that underlying feeling of, "oh snap this could turn out just like KHII"; flashy, no substance.

And in the end... I can't help but feel really, really defensive about this game. I love Kingdom Hearts, I love Disney. I get a bit queasy when I read posts complaining that the games are shit. Sure, Keybikes are dumb. Whatever. You can't base the success or failure of a game on that. Personally, I can't see how anyone can hate the worlds, either. But, again, I'm a Disney fan.

You are my hero.

I am, like, totally serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back