• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So... Who's 'not' looking forward to BBS? [Aka. Are you wary of its hype?]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Azrael

Its fucking hilarious how people judge BBS because of the riding keyblades
Get over it

Because it's a fucking gimmick that cheapens the Keyblade more than it was. That's why I liked Kingdom Hearts - only Riku and Sora and Mickey wielded the Keyblade. No one else.

A

Azrael

Um, since KH1 it had been stated that there were wielders before Sora. BBS explores this plotline.

True. I just liked Kingdom Hearts when it was just that. Asides from a few things, it's one of the games that I consider a pure gem in my collection of video games. Plus the ending entailed all sort of things and could leave your imagination wild imagining what laid next for SDG.

A

Audo

It's okay everyone. Nomura read the thread and decided that riding keyblades is a really dumb idea, and it's always been a dumb idea even though no one bitched about it when Terra rode his in KH2FM+.
I certainly bitched about it then. But just like now, the majority of people thought it was "bad ass" so my rational thinking got pushed aside.

I also thought it was stupid he turned his Keyblade into a whip, a bow and arrow and a canon. =/

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Wasn't there something that said Nomura hated that battle because of the transforming Keyblades?
Eh. I might've made that up.

αsiя

space coke
Because it's a fucking gimmick that cheapens the Keyblade more than it was. That's why I liked Kingdom Hearts - only Riku and Sora and Mickey wielded the Keyblade. No one else.

Well too bad
Go tell Nomura that you dissaprove of this and maybe he'll change his mind
I for one dont care what the keyblade turns into
Nomura needed somehow for TAV to travel so he decided this way

A

Audo

Well too bad
Go tell Nomura that you dissaprove of this and maybe he'll change his mind
I for one dont care what the keyblade turns into
Nomura needed somehow for TAV to travel so he decided this way
Should've stuck with Gummi Ships.

Awards
If I remember rightly, I criticise the game so far from impressions on trailer, story so far and gameplay. I never criticise anyone who sucked up in the hype.

But I knew you'll make a post like that, GA.

Not directing it at the nit picking op.
You don't even really have to have a legitimate reason to be "wary," just as much as people get hyped over nothing.

I like it. Not in the "badass, imma spooge" way, but the concept itself is intriguing.

The keyblade has always been metaphorically portrayed as the "key," but the key to something, obviously, doesn't always have to be a literal key.
That it can transcend its conventional form raises some interesting questions about the keyblade's origins.

Of course, there are good and bad ways to portray this.
They could make it a generic explanation-less power, or they could incorporate it into the plot.

Either way I don't see how this is any more gimmicky than, say, dual wielding, nor do I think it is any more "idiotic" than using a giant key to fight.

Its fucking hilarious how people judge BBS because of the riding keyblades
Get over it

SOME
PEOPLE
LIKE FLYING KEYS

GET
OVER
IT!

A

Audo

Corridors of Light is almost as ridiculous as transmorphing Keyblades, imo.

A

Azrael

Corridors of Light is almost as ridiculous and transmorphing Keyblades, imo.

Hey someone can try. Someone can say Gummi Ships are almost as ridiculous as transmorphing Keyblades.

Oh well. I for one would prefer a good old airship instead of a gummi ship.

A

Audo

The thing that makes me okay with the Gummi Ship is the fact that it has build up and explanations. That it is tied into the cosmology of the worlds, and the fact that they work and that people use them actually makes sense.

I'd probably be more for transmorphing Keyblades if there had been any hinting that the Keyblade could ever have done something that ridiculous before BBS. But aside from a supposedly noncanon battle in KH2:FM+, there had never even been the faintest bit of a hint that a Keyblade could actually do something anything like that, or a canon, or a whip. We were led to believe it's like an actual weapon. A hunk of metal. Not a metal that can be twisted, contorted, deformed, broken up, engorged, etc.

It really just feels like it came practically out of nowhere, and I think that's my problem with it. I mean, even the Corridors of Darkness had hints of it before it became wide-spread in KH2.

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan
I rightfully agree with 3 people in this thread completely. Blade, Raz, and Grace Assassin know whats going on. I dont care if hype has gotten me, i havent seen one thing yet to complain about, i guess you could say i thought disney town was a bit lame, but then i saw all the things you get to do in it and i changed my mind. There are no bad things in this game, only good ideas, i like ALL the new concepts and additions that are going into it

A

Azrael

The thing that makes me okay with the Gummi Ship is the fact that it has build up and explanations. That it is tied into the cosmology of the worlds, and the fact that they work and that people use them actually makes sense.

Very true. There were Reports on that I believe.
I'd probably be more for transmorphing Keyblades if there had been any hinting that the Keyblade could ever have done something that ridiculous before BBS. But aside from a supposedly noncanon battle in KH2:FM+, there had never even been the faintest bit of a hint that a Keyblade could actually do something anything like that, or a canon, or a whip. We were led to believe it's like an actual weapon. A hunk of metal. Not a metal that can be twisted, contorted, deformed, broken up, engorged, etc.

And dual wielding was introduced in a Secret Ending. So? We managed to live through it and I tolerate it.

It really just feels like it came practically out of nowhere, and I think that's my problem with it. I mean, even the Corridors of Darkness had hints of it before it became wide-spread in KH2.
You mean since the first game?

A

Audo

And dual wielding was introduced in a Secret Ending. So? We managed to live through it and I tolerate it.
Yeah but dual wielding is considerably different. Dual Wielding just looks like being able to hold two Keyblades, one in each hand. This is randomly changing everything that Keyblade has ever been out of the blue.

You mean since the first game?
Er? Yes? Corridors of Darkness were even hinted at in the first game. They had basis. Magic Keyblade Vehicles didn't.

7thspade

]First off, going into anything with a negative opinion is not the best way to start anything. You get out of something what you put into it, right? If you expect awful story, characters, and gameplay, then you'll see the game as having an awful story, characters, and gameplay.
Pirated it in English and I was right, great beginning, great plot at the start, quickly became stiff, cumbersome and shit.
Days was meant to show the daily lives of Organization XIII. You can't expect every single mission to show plot development, especially since we got to see character development that KH2 severely lacked.
Terra's side of the story just sounds like "What it would've been like if you had the option to play as Riku in KH1".
Terra is different than Riku though. Riku willingly gave into the darkness in order to escape his island and Terra, as far as we know, is trying to fight it every step of the way. And because we didn't get to play as Riku during KH1, I don't see why comparing Terra's story to Riku's and saying it's the same thing is a valid thing to complain about.
Every trailer I've seen and all the information of BBS I've read, it's just making me hate the game more and more. Who knows, maybe I'm up to a point where I've grown out of KH?
Maybe you have grown out of it, because the gameplay looks much more advanced and entertaining than any of the previous games.

Feel free to "kick me in the arse".

A

Azrael

Yeah but dual wielding is considerably different. Dual Wielding just looks like being able to hold two Keyblades, one in each hand. This is randomly changing everything that Keyblade has ever been out of the blue.

I wasn't a fan of it as it made things incredibly easy in Kingdom Hearts II but we had a shitty way of explaining it.

kill other keybearers and absorb their keyblades

Er? Yes? Corridors of Darkness were even hinted at in the first game. They had basis. Magic Keyblade Vehicles didn't.

I agree. What Riku summoned when DI was going to darkness was a CoD.

Awards

Keyblades have always been able to change form.
That they can change out of a conventional "key" shape doesn't really seem like that big of a leap.

A

Audo

I wasn't a fan of it as it made things incredibly easy in Kingdom Hearts II but we had a shitty way of explaining it.

kill other keybearers and absorb their keyblades
You do realize that wasn't the explanation, right?

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I don't see what's not to look forward too, really. Explanations that are long overdue, interesting-looking characters, brand new gameplay aspects, new Disney worlds.

YES, there will be bad parts. YES, there will be cheesy parts. It's Kingdom Hearts game. I embrace the game's flaws, actually. I love Days, CoM, KHI, and yes, even KHII for many different reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back