• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What is a Keyblade Master truly?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

x37rnu4

Awards
Hullo. Since this was in recent news, I'm sure someone must've noticed it. So my apologies if this thread was made before. And even more apologies if this is in the wrong section (still a thread-making n00b).

Alrighty, then! I was reading the 'More Detailed Birth by Sleep Trailer Impressions' when I came across this piece:

(this is a quote) Terra swings his Keyblade, saying "my dream is to become a Keyblade Master."

Well, I'm confused about something: If Terra possesses a Keyblade, isn't he already a Keyblade Master? I mean, do TAV have to train or something? Because in KH1, Sora had the KK for only a bit and was already referred to as a Keyblade Master.

Which also makes me wonder if anyone with light in their hearts can become a Keyblade Master (the only reason Sora was one was because Riku had darkness in his heart - that was in one of the Ansem Reports in KH1 I believe). Is that also why Kairi was able to wield the (albeit girly) blade Riku handed to her before you fought Xigbar in KH2? Does this also explain why're there are so many Keyblades at the Crossroads?

Sorry for the all the questions - I'm known to make little things complicated.

Any ideas to clear my confused mind? (Be sure to inform me if I've made any mistakes please - I like to have my facts straight 0.o)

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE A KEYBLADE MASTER is my overall question.

king_Nick

we don't truely know what it takes to be a keyblade master. At most we know a keyblade master need to have a strong heart and has to past the Master Qualifiaction Exam. Thus meaning that Sora is not a true keyblade master and not even an appreantce, more of a novice really. Also Kairi isn't a keyblade weilder she was just borrowing it from Riku.

Welcome to KHI!

CCs_No1_Fanboy

Sora is definetly at the level of a keyblade master after KH2 though.

Most of the keyblade wielders are gone by KH1 though, save for exactly 2 of them that are active, until Riku and Roxas and eventually Kairi come along. There's no need for master exams. Not to mention Sora saved the world 2x now. He's as much of a keyblade master as anyone else really.

x37rnu4

Awards
Haha thanks. XD I've had this account forever and never posted. Only recently have I found out about threads and all that. But thanks for also answering my questions. :D

x37rnu4

Awards
But then what's the deal with all the Keyblades at the Crossroads? Was there really some sort of war?

Key to Truth

Awards
It's a mistranslation, actually, in japanese they never refer anyone as a "Master", they always say "The key's chosen one" or "The keyblade's hero", but in english versio it got translated as a keyblade master, so yeah, pretty much a mistranslation.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Well currently we're not entirly sure what makes a keyblade master. The first game implies that who ever the Kingdom Key chooses as its master is the keyblade master but I think they didn't guve to much thought about it back then since KH was only supposed to be one game then they expanded. The exam thing I think can be considered retcon since it was never really established how one becomes a master besides having a strong heart.

king_Nick

@x37rnu4 Yes there was a war, apparently MX explains it in BBS. Also dont double post

Most of the keyblade wielders are gone by KH1 though, save for exactly 2 of them that are active, until Riku and Roxas and eventually Kairi come along. There's no need for master exams. Not to mention Sora saved the world 2x now. He's as much of a keyblade master as anyone else really.
Mickey is more of a master then Sora, and we can't really judge if Sora is a master or not yet since he hasn't even had proper keyblade training. Kairi isn't a keyblade weilder she was jsu tborrowing it from Riku. I don't really count Roxas as a keyblade weilder because he is Sora.

SilentTrinity

Master of the ECKKK
there was a Keyblade war due to Xemnas(or someone in Org13) saying that once there was many keybladers but then they disappeared after a large battle appeared.
theres a lot of theories of what happened. different ideas about how the key should be used, power, etc.
but MX will explain it in BBS

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Which also makes me wonder if anyone with light in their hearts can become a Keyblade Master (the only reason Sora was one was because Riku had darkness in his heart
Do you mean darkness? In that case, yes, because the keyblade chose Riku, despite the darkness in his heart (he had the stronger heart).

If anything, I'd think that you would have to separate your heart from your body+soul to become a master. The TAV symbol is similar to the heartless and nobody symbols, which represent the separation of the heart and body.

king_Nick

there was a Keyblade war due to Xemnas(or someone in Org13) saying that once there was many keybladers but then they disappeared after a large battle appeared.
theres a lot of theories of what happened. different ideas about how the key should be used, power, etc.
but MX will explain it in BBS
took me awhile to understand what you meant by "due to Xemnas" lol. It was Xigbar and i think he was refering to BBS b/c he then says that after that Xeahnort showed up which it is said that Xeahnort came into being right after BBS

Alex123

i dont feel comfortable revealing that information
1.all we know right now is that to become a keyblade master, you have to pass the master qualification exam, which is a test of the heart
2.so far, the only qualification for weilding a keyblade is a strong heart, but nomura said that there are more which will be revealed in bbs
3. technically, the reason why the keyblade didn't choose riku is because he chose darkness over light. everyone in the kh universe has darkness in their hearts except for the princesses of heart.

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member

Not really. Xigbar noted on how much of skill he had. He basically said: Sora<TAV. And TAV are not even masters yet( not yet from what I heard except Aqua calling herself one.) When we compare him to the power of Xehanort..... let us just say that Sora will be missed. He has not finished the MQT yet so legally(?) he is not a master, nor does he exibit any power like exampled.

Rexy

Bronze Member
Not really. Xigbar noted on how much of skill he had. He basically said: Sora<TAV. And TAV are not even masters yet( not yet from what I heard except Aqua calling herself one.) When we compare him to the power of Xehanort..... let us just say that Sora will be missed. He has not finished the MQT yet so legally(?) he is not a master, nor does he exibit any power like exampled.

But he was nominated Keyblade Master when he recieved the Kayblade...remember the end of Kingdom Hearts, to close the door its neede two hearts and two keys, and what Xemnas say at the end of Kingdom Hearts II (keyblade masters [to sora, riku and mickey])
now i'm thinking about 'Ansem' said in the Kingdom Hearts: "This worl has been connected/Tied to the darkness.../soon to be completly eclipsed./There is so very much to learn/you understand so little/One who knows nothing can understan nothig" do you think that this will be explaind in BBS?

king_Nick

But he was nominated Keyblade Master when he recieved the Kayblade...remember the end of Kingdom Hearts, to close the door its neede two hearts and two keys, and what Xemnas say at the end of Kingdom Hearts II (keyblade masters [to sora, riku and mickey])
now i'm thinking about 'Ansem' said in the Kingdom Hearts: "This worl has been connected/Tied to the darkness.../soon to be completly eclipsed./There is so very much to learn/you understand so little/One who knows nothing can understan nothig" do you think that this will be explaind in BBS?
i thought Xemnas called them heros from the realm of lgiht.

I'm also pretty sure SoD was just insulting Sora

AxelsVirtue

There seems to be a similarity between Masters and apprentices for Keyblade wielders and Martial Arts.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
3. technically, the reason why the keyblade didn't choose riku is because he chose darkness over light. everyone in the kh universe has darkness in their hearts except for the princesses of heart.
Darkness/light doesn't matter since the keyblade chose Riku over Sora during HB.

Khfan01

So far as we know, the Keyblade Master is someone who wield the keyblade. Well specifically that someone will be known as Keyblade Wielder. We know that the keyblade has the power to open any lock and door or close the lock and door. From KH1, Ansem SoD said to Riku that Sora has stronger heart then him, so he can wield the keyblade. I think the keyblade is wielded by someone who have strong heart or something special about them that can able to wield it.

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
Its safe to assume the criteria to be a master has changed.
So by saying this its also safe to assume anyone who has a keyblade now MUST be a master since there not common as they use to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back