• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xion's "placement"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What is Xion's gender?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas 22

Standing in the Darkness searching for the Light.
Please don't flame me for this.
Okay, so my brother and I kinda got into an argument. He says that Xion is a girl because she sounds like one and looks like one. I say that she's genderless because she's an imperfect replica of Sora(who is a guy) made from his memories and looks like Kairi because Kairi is Sora's most precious/strongest memory.
So who's right? Is Xion a guy, a girl or is she genderless?

HAven't read anything else in this yet but..... If Xion's appearance is Kairi, wouldn't that make her kairi? Then agian... Doesnt' she take a diff shape depending on who looks at her? Not sure bout that though...

State

Awards
I consider her genderless due to the fact that she is seen as Sora, Ventus and as her leaked memories self. But that depends on the point of view. The members of the Organization might consider her a certain gender since the way she makes herself be seen. Ex. As Sora in front of Roxas.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
HAven't read anything else in this yet but..... If Xion's appearance is Kairi, wouldn't that make her kairi? Then agian... Doesnt' she take a diff shape depending on who looks at her? Not sure bout that though...

All you really need to read is the first page for a lot of things, since the second is mostly filled with me responding to someone ^^;.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
=D

Hey, goldpanner, since you know more about it, I want to make a fact clear that's been plaguing me, now that I keep thinking about with the topic. Is it that Xion holds Sora's memories of Kairi, or that Kairi is the strongest influence and memory in there?

From my canon information, she's a doll who was animated by Vexen with Sora's escpaing memories of Kairi that were floating about during CoM. Then, because of that, all Sora's other runaway memories started flowing into her instead of Sora when he fell asleep, screwing up Namine's work. Xion hasn't got anything to do with the actual Kairi herself, as far as I know. That's why Xion got absorbed by Sora and Roxas, not Kairi...

...But I've been reading Grace Assassin's theories and now I am pretty sure she's an artificial unversed, so ^^;

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
From my canon information, she's a doll who was animated by Vexen with Sora's escpaing memories of Kairi that were floating about during CoM. Then, because of that, all Sora's other runaway memories started flowing into her instead of Sora when he fell asleep, screwing up Namine's work. Xion hasn't got anything to do with the actual Kairi herself, as far as I know. That's why Xion got absorbed by Sora and Roxas, not Kairi...

...But I've been reading Grace Assassin's theories and now I am pretty sure she's an artificial unversed, so ^^;

Oh. But then that asks the question as to why Xion appeared before CoM took place.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh. But then that asks the question as to why Xion appeared before CoM took place.

However her soul or whatever was made, her physical doll body was created by Vexen before CoM, and so was Repliku's. Repliku was brought to Castle Oblivion, and hers was left with the organisation.

Day 23 — Research Log 326
The plan is going more or less smoothly. Concerning the most superior replica, ‘No.i’, it is going almost too smoothly. The other that we couldn’t acquire a number for was brought to Castle Oblivion, with the plan to do further research with it. Isn’t it okay to call these replicas special nobodies?

7thspade

Depends on the point of view. She is just a blank doll with Sora's memories of Kairi inside her, so she's technically genderless, but people see her/him/it differently.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Her being a replica would actually give her a gender :\
No one'd call Repliku genderless, now would they? Xion however is perceived by other people differently. In fact she only has one 'female' face, as opposed to at least two male ones (Sora and Ven), and a genderless one. It's been confirmed the other org members went with calling Xion the way Roxas and Axel treated her, and Axel at first called her like Roxas did too.

7thspade

The Riku Replica is different though. It was made to look specifically like Riku. What we don't know is if these replicas are organic or not (Atleast, I don't know if they ever stated what they were made out of). So if they're not organic, then they don't have a gender.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The Riku Replica is different though. It was made to look specifically like Riku.

The main difference is that Vexen had enough of Riku's "data" to put into Repliku, while for Xion it took time for them to gather up Sora's Memories. Notice what happened once they did too - she looked like Sora.

So if they're not organic, then they don't have a gender.

Namine is a female that came out of Sora. Gender is all about the Sense of Self in Kingdom Hearts. The Bodies are vessels.

Gram

Banned
Awards
i think she's a she, seeing as how when she met namine she said "u can c my face" so i take that as her true form.
just cause people saw her as different people depending on their relationship to her, doesnt mean she actually changed forms.
aside from when she was on DI in that one cutscene that is.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
i think she's a she, seeing as how when she met namine she said "u can c my face" so i take that as her true form.
just cause people saw her as different people depending on their relationship to her, doesnt mean she actually changed forms.
aside from when she was on DI in that one cutscene that is.

It's confirmed she changed forms. Her face was originally blank. You see a face if she has Memories you relate to. Otherwise you see the hood. The biggest proof is Axel who already saw "her face" but then saw her most likely as Sora in Wonderland.

Gram

Banned
Awards
It's confirmed she changed forms. Her face was originally blank. You see a face if she has Memories you relate to. Otherwise you see the hood. The biggest proof is Axel who already saw "her face" but then saw her most likely as Sora in Wonderland.
need u destroy my unstable little world T.T

The Dream

Oh no, not me, I never lost control
Awards
I'd have to say she's genderless for lots of reasons that I can't be bothered saying for even more reasons.

Kyarah

Isn't the boss battle Xion VS Roxas her true form? Where do you see a sex there :/ She has none. But since the strongest memories making her were of Kairi, when looking in a mirror she was seeing a black haired Kairi, hence why she was refering herself as a girl.

To sum up : Genderless but considering herself as a girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back