• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

This game is not for children anymore

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skykh

Reason: Complex story with characters that have same face.

I always thought kh is for kids but it isn't.

Z

Zulkir

I need to find the statistic, maybe some other member here has it, but the overwhelming majority of Kingdom Hearts ONE buyers were 13-17.

I myself bought it back when I was 12..its been nine years, wow.

I wish I could tell you I had a passion for this series, but the drive behind it really is just an annoying tendency to finish what I start.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Ummm, yeah it is. The story is unsuitable for kids. If anything it's completely suitable for kids. it does have some strong themes, but is it gory and super bad and super complicated? No.

Z

Zulkir

Ummm, yeah it is. The story is unsuitable for kids. If anything it's completely suitable for kids. it does have some strong themes, but is it gory and super bad and super complicated? No.

For those who aren't one-dimensional robots about what THEY believe the plot is (TERRA ISZH ZEHANURT, AKUA DIES!!!) yeah..its' getting a bit complex now. BBS did help a lot, the ending is exactly how Nomura described it, "sad, but leaves you with the hope of a bright future".

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Well most of us have already grown up. Maybe Nomura gave BBS a darker tone because he knew that we have grown up, and we need to see something a little more mature.

omgsh

Makes a lot of sense. Series that were originally aimed at younger people have the tendency to grow up like that.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
For those who aren't one-dimensional robots about what THEY believe the plot is (TERRA ISZH ZEHANURT, AKUA DIES!!!) yeah..its' getting a bit complex now. BBS did help a lot, the ending is exactly how Nomura described it, "sad, but leaves you with the hope of a bright future".

Still wasn't super complicated, which I'm guessing is what you are talking about since you highlighted that.

B

brosandi

Someone's eye gets obliterated...

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
Well I have to say I was really young when I got the first game long ago when it first came out.
Now I am still kinda young and I got everything from when I was little and now.

ultrashadownoob

Website
www.shadowkid96.deviantart.com
I was in second grade when I got kh1. I understand most of the connections between characters now, and unlike a bunch on my friends, I didn't find kh 358/2 days confusing. But I agree with the "we've grown up so so did kingdom hearts" thing. Kh1 was almost as jubilant as the gummy bears tv show, kh2 was much more mature. Goofy almost died and sora murdered like all of the nobodies. Plus sora and kairi showed emotion towards eachother.
That part in the castle at the end where Sora finds Riku and Kairi still makes me laugh. He hugs Kairi, then gets on his knees and starts crying for Riku....WTH????

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
I was in second grade when I got kh1. I understand most of the connections between characters now, and unlike a bunch on my friends, I didn't find kh 358/2 days confusing. But I agree with the "we've grown up so so did kingdom hearts" thing. Kh1 was almost as jubilant as the gummy bears tv show, kh2 was much more mature. Goofy almost died and sora murdered like all of the nobodies. Plus sora and kairi showed emotion towards eachother.
That part in the castle at the end where Sora finds Riku and Kairi still makes me laugh. He hugs Kairi, then gets on his knees and starts crying for Riku....WTH????

Wow I was in second grade too.
I have to say KH2 was more mature.

VLR.XIII

He didn't murder them, really... facepalm

It seems to be getting more mature, like it's original audience.

kickazz1234

i think the game grew up with us. i remember play at 14 now im 19 so in a way nomura has kinda aimed for that age range in the beginning to grow along with the plots?

Kaiju-Z

i think the game grew up with us. i remember play at 14 now im 19 so in a way nomura has kinda aimed for that age range in the beginning to grow along with the plots?
I agree with you on this.
We grew up with these games and I doubt we would have liked them simplified as adults as much as we like them as grown up games.

A

Azrael

It appeals to people of all ages.

The Disney characters for kids and the strong storyline for teens and adults

Petrex

okay i originally got kh2 cuz it was the only game at the store 3-4 years ago then i mde my dad order kh1 from ebay i never knew about chain of memories tiill re:CoM came out and i finished Days a couple weeks ago due to delay on playing it....so id like to say nomura keeps the game going strong to the point where previous plots and future plots dont have to be know but i still think nomura could hurry up a LITTLE i mean right?

Viku

Yes, the KH plot is gettingmore complicated, but I don't think it's too complicated for kids to follow.

Just like with cartoon television these days, people just think kids can't understand things that aren'tvery very simple...

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
I agree the game has grown with us...I started in the year that Kingdom Hearts first came out...I'm now a freshman in High School...and Kingdom Hearts is still the most appealing game in my eyes.....I must say, Disney made the right choice in being in the Kingdom Hearts series...that increased the number of "kids" who would play the series...and I agree it has some scenes explicit to age groups...but it won't get complicating for any gamer to understand the plot.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Shit, I was a freshman in high school when this shit came out. What I can say is that KH came out at a very good time.
Did you all know that there's been a KH game every year since 2002?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back