• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Two Mysteries Solved

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
1. I'm sure your theory is well thought out, but something I have come to realize about KH, is that it never makes that much sense, nor is it ever that specific. So I am fairly sure that your theory is wrong. No offense.

Uh, yes, yes it does get that specific. Where have you been from CoM onward?

2. Don't place too much significance on wording. You are dealing with tentative quick translations.
.... Where does that even come into play here?

3. You place too much importance on Riku right from the begining. Sora is the main character, and the plot will reflect that. He has the power to connect his heart with anyone. There is nothing in BBS about Riku being meant to weild the xblade(the potential Terra saw i Riku was unrelated to the xblade), and absoloutely no connection between Riku and Ven. Ven at no point reached out to Riku.

Placed too much emphasis on Riku? That's a load.
Because he's destined for the X-Blade?
So was Nomura placing too much emphasis on Vanitas when he gave him the X-Blade, or on Riku, for that matter, when he had the KK? Here's a shocker, not everything important has to directly happen to Sora.
But that's not even an issue here because, even in this theory, it DOES happen to Sora. He inherits the components of the X-blade via his connections.

Riku doesn't have to have any connection to Ven (nor did I ever say he had one) in order to be the next to receive the X-Blade.

Here's some food for thought for ya.
- The X-Blade isn't something that's going away. It's clearly become important to the plot, and if you dismiss this, well, that's just plain stupid.
- You should at least concede that the Kingdom Key Sora uses is in some way connected to the X-Blade, regardless of whether or not this particular theory is true.
- Knowing the two previous points, uh, guess what? Riku was destined for the KK before Sora.

Let that sink in so you can understand what I'm getting at.

4. You are overthinking it. Nomura hasn't been planning the next KH since he made KH1.

what is this, i don't even
1. I am theorizing about dual wielding, something Nomura said would be explained in BbS.
2. As for Purebloods vs Emblems, Nomura has openly expressed that there is some kind of difference between the two.

I am not over-thinking it. These are both answerable points.
And while Nomura didn't have the greatest conception of KH2 after finishing KH1, the same cannot be said of him now concerning future installments. He's a man with a plan.

cnorwood

i think making kingdom hearts: CoM namora had plans for like the next few kingdom hearts if you pay attention to words, and certian plots, alot of things fit together

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I don't believe it is the Disney'key. becuase well theres no color difference. Not to mention the IKK is supposed to be in the realm of darkness at this time.

And Also I don't think the Xblade broke split to become the kingdom key. It shattered if Nomura really wanted us to know the Ikk and KK are supposed to be combined he would of shown it splitting. Or he would of had Vanitas and Ven wield the kingdom key. I think the Xblade is a keyblade all by itself. And its just VERY hard to summon.

Awards
I agree with there being two X-blades. Hear me out on this.

Initially I believed that the X-blade had 3 parts; KK, IKK, and WtD (check the X-blades key chain. WtD is the glue which holds the X-blade together and is significant as it is the keyblade of dawn). But, going along with the OP's theory that Ven and Riku were the owners, with Sora replacing Riku and then Riku gaining WtD (w/ a keybladeless intermission) where would that leave Mickey? He was of age and a wielder when Ven was around so how did he earn the right to wield a KK? And the whole Roxas using 2 KK's mystery as well.

And then I realized, there are 2 X-blades, one made from 2 KK's and WtD and the other from 2 IKK's and the Way to Twilight/Nightfall or w/e you want to call it (DiZ hinted at it in the end of CoM).

I predict a battle with Sora and Vanitas both wielding X-blades against each other. And perhaps dual-wielding X-blades in there somewhere ;)

K

kingdom65

Guys dont you get it... the blade broke in half and now mickey has one piece and sora has the other...

Ven-Dono

Website
naruto-chronicles.net
As for Riku's dual wielding- I won't speculate on until I learn more. While the same principle may be at work (two hearts in one being), I doubt the scenario is the exact same.

Just to try and help you out:

Terra [heart+body+soul] + MX [heart+body+soul]? + ME [Heart + Soul]? =Terranort. Assumption, yes. But an educated guess after watching the Secret Ending.

Terranort + Darkness = XH + Xemnas

XH + Bein' PWNED = Staying inside Riku.

Just came to me after reading your thread starter. Don't see anything wrong with it at the moment.

where would that leave Mickey? He was of age and a wielder when Ven was around so how did he earn the right to wield a KK?

Because he represents Disney. Lol. Just kidding. :D

Last edited:
B

brosandi

That translation about the opening scene seemed a little iffy...

This is how HeartStation translated it, and, i'd be quicker to trust theirs over that one (I'm assuming its from GameFAQs?)

Hey, where is this place?

Ven: You?

My newly born heart.

Ven: How so? Though this place is my heart?

The light is overflowing.

If it advances that way–

It ends up here.

Ven: Yeah, my heart is missing something.

Ven: That must be the reason.

Ven: However, very soon, it’ll all be gone.

If that’s the case, then it’d be okay to connect it with my heart.

Ven: Huh?

Thus, yours and my hearts have come in contact.

The incomplete heart is healed by the connecting of two people’s hearts.

Someday you’ll refill your heart with your own power.

Ven: Mm, I understand.

Well then, open your eyes.

Together–

Ven and another voice are heard in sync: Let’s open the door.

I like what you said about the X-Blade, it made sense to me, though, it seemed a little complicated to actually be in the games.

Shay

Hi, Grassy. Nice theory but I'm not buying it. Simply for the fact KH has some real inconsistent parts.

For example, Sora's Awakening (and thus ability to use the keyblade) happened before Sora got "Riku's" keyblade. I really doubt Ven's heart gave Sora anything except the ability to Dual Wield.
Otherwise, Sora's station would have been a picture of Ven (much like Roxas had a picture of Sora). Instead his stations were the princesses of heart, which should prove Sora is a genuine keyblade user chosen by the Realm of Light.

..As for what Terra sees in Riku, isn't it obvious what Terra sees is a representation of himself? He sees young Riku on the beach and is astonished - because he also sees what he (Terra) himself will become, and he sees how closely Riku will resemble that, especially as he grows older. Perhaps what Terra sees most of all is that, unlike himself, Riku will be able to overcome Xehanort (SoD at least).

The X-Blade, on the other hand, I'm almost sure is Mickey's Keyblade and Sora's Keyblade. Kingdom Key D, being Mickey's, is the key from the Realm of Darkness, and Sora's from the Realm of Light. This makes sense if you look at the X-blade. If you know anything about religion, you would notice that the X-blade looks like the insignia on the Coat of Arms used to represent the Pope (The Key to the Kingdom of Heaven). One key is silver, and the other one is gold.

Although it is stated in-game by Riku that Sora's keyblade was meant for Riku in the beginning, I can't believe that this is the case at all. Since Sora's keyblade represents light, and Riku instead walks the path of darness, Sora must have been destined for the light half of the x-blade ever since Riku stated he "was not afraid of the darkness". (At the very beginning.)

If Riku does get a half of the X-blade, he'd by some means need to obtain Mickey's keyblade. Like you said about Ven's heart being dormant, I agree. I do not think Ven had anything to do with Sora or Sora's ability to wield any kind of Keyblade until he unlocked Ven's heart at the end of KH.

Emass

Here's something interesting I thought of after seeing all this. The KK's name kinda hints that it's somehow tied into KH. Then there's the fact that Sora used it to lock KH. Plus Mickey's IKK is supposed to be the RoD's keyblade, so doesn't that make the KK the RoL's keyblade?

And then there's the combination of the types of KKs. We've obviously got 2 KKs that look alike and are from the RoL. Then there's the one IKK that looks different and is from the RoD. This combo is kinda reminiscent of how Sora is put together. He's got 2 parts light in him (Ven's heart and Sora's light) and 1 part dark (Sora's darkness).

So couldn't the whole KK scenario be an elaborate symbolism of Nomura's and represent Sora as a whole? Wouldn't that mean that Sora is meant for all three KKs and they form the X-blade since both the X-blade and KK are directly tied to KH? And more than that, it would explain why KH was able to be opened again by Xemnas since it was only locked by 2 KKs and not all 3.

I really think this would kinda reinforce Sora's chosen one-ness as Nomura's been doing this whole time.

Awards
That translation about the opening scene seemed a little iffy...

This is how HeartStation translated it, and, i'd be quicker to trust theirs over that one (I'm assuming its from GameFAQs?)

Ah, that.
I'm not going to really dwell on it that much though, namely because, even if it is a mistranslation, it's simply what spawned the idea. The idea itself still makes sense, given that we see Heartless in the dark realm, and they have yet begun to attack people.

For example, Sora's Awakening (and thus ability to use the keyblade) happened before Sora got "Riku's" keyblade. I really doubt Ven's heart gave Sora anything except the ability to Dual Wield.
Otherwise, Sora's station would have been a picture of Ven (much like Roxas had a picture of Sora). Instead his stations were the princesses of heart, which should prove Sora is a genuine keyblade user chosen by the Realm of Light.

Sora's Awakening still has some questionable bits to it.
For starters, he never actually receives the keyblade in it.
Given that Diving into the Heart doesn't always automatically mean someone is getting a keyblade (it's not like Sora got another after fighting Roxas), we have to then ask: If he didn't get the keyblade after all of that, what was the purpose of his Dive?
And additionally, the voice which speaks to Sora has been confirmed to be Mickey.

Mickey, who knew both Sora and Riku before they knew him, had stated to Riku that he had always been with Riku, in his heart.
And, obviously, he was in Sora's heart too.

Since he was monitoring the two, would it not make sense to say that Mickey could see the path down which Riku was heading, and helped Sora along to, say intercept Riku from using the KK for bad?
Yet, again, Sora's Dive produced no keyblade. Perhaps it readied him for one (that is, he could be capable of wielding a keyblade but had yet to receive one), but he did not actually get a keyblade until he took it from Riku.

..As for what Terra sees in Riku, isn't it obvious what Terra sees is a representation of himself? He sees young Riku on the beach and is astonished - because he also sees what he (Terra) himself will become, and he sees how closely Riku will resemble that, especially as he grows older. Perhaps what Terra sees most of all is that, unlike himself, Riku will be able to overcome Xehanort (SoD at least).

To clarify (and I haven't seen the scene, so I suppose that doesn't help), I'm not actually saying that Terra thinks Riku is going to get the X-Blade, but he sees potential in Riku to be a keyblade wielder, and it just so happens that this potential is what will make him qualified to wield it.

The X-Blade, on the other hand, I'm almost sure is Mickey's Keyblade and Sora's Keyblade. Kingdom Key D, being Mickey's, is the key from the Realm of Darkness, and Sora's from the Realm of Light. This makes sense if you look at the X-blade. If you know anything about religion, you would notice that the X-blade looks like the insignia on the Coat of Arms used to represent the Pope (The Key to the Kingdom of Heaven). One key is silver, and the other one is gold.

And I understand the symbolism here, I really do.
Were that the case, though, I don't understand why they would have two Kingdom Keys rather than one KK and one IKK.
Especially given that Days has proven that, when dual wielding, Sora and Roxas are using two Kingdom Keys (and not, say, one Kingdom Key and another, entirely different keyblade).

Although it is stated in-game by Riku that Sora's keyblade was meant for Riku in the beginning, I can't believe that this is the case at all. Since Sora's keyblade represents light, and Riku instead walks the path of darness, Sora must have been destined for the light half of the x-blade ever since Riku stated he "was not afraid of the darkness". (At the very beginning.)

It was confirmed by Nomura that Riku was destined for the KK first.
About Riku being the rightful owner of the Keyblade – Why is it that Sora had the Keyblade first?

Nomura: That part is also a bit vague. In the Destiny Islands when Riku is swallowed by the Darkness, there’s a sparkle of light, and next comes the scene where Sora first gets the Keyblade, right? In my setting, the Darkness wrapping itself around those two is the Darkness of Riku’s heart. At the moment when Sora enters that Darkness, the light you can see is the Light of the heart. Sora, trying to help Riku, struggling in the Darkness, touches that light and temporarily the Keyblade goes to Sora.

Also, Nomura has said that the exterior alignment of a keyblade has no bearing on its wielder. That is, even though the KK is a light keyblade on the outside, it doesn't matter, and the key can be used for light or dark. The key itself has no preference for either.
This is why Mickey can use the IKK, a dark realm keyblade.

So, Riku can certainly use the KK for darkness.

btw, glad you seem (?) to be getting back into the series, I hope you become a huge KHfag again, like me. :B

Last edited:

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I actually like this theory, well thought out especially about the heartless part and the Roxas dualwielding with two KKs

metalfreeky

This is a really well thought out theory of the heartless and the unversed part but i disagree a little on the x-keyblade part. Here's what I think. I think that Ven and Vanitas are two halves of the blade and they were only able to use it when they were combined. Knowing this it brings me to Sora, Riku, and Roxas. I think that when Terra chose Riku to be the next keyblade weilder he kinda in a way gave him acess to the dark half of the blade and when Ven put his heart into Sora he gave him the light half of it. That's why Roxas was able to use two keyblades since he had Ven's heart and he was a weilder of the dark. That's just what i think and please don't just shoot it down at least give reasons to why you guys disagree with everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back