• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

anyone worried that the NA voice acting might suck?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariolee

I hope Hayden will return for Kairi for the Secret Ending. I can't stand Alyson Stoner, she sucked as Xion! Hopefully, she only voices the younger Kairi like in Re:CoM and Days. I can't wait to see Haley as Vanitas, but I hope that his laugh isn't all girly like that lol. And I hope the Christopher Lee comes back as Ansem, cuz Corey Burton sucked as him in Re:CoM. I'm just very curious about Terra, Aqua, MX, and ME's voices. If Aqua is voiced by Selena Gomez or Demi Lovato or any other of those disney channel skanks, ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE!!!

And the NA voices arent really that bad. The only bad ones were Xion, Aerith (KH2), DiZ (Re:CoM), and Xemnas (KH2 - Armor form battle phrases)

What's with the Alyson Stoner hate? I thought she was pretty damn good in Days (haven't seen her work in Re:Com yet though). If Hayden returns t voice Kairi for the secret ending, I'll be really ecstatic. I think you're over reacting.

gonald doofy

hollow bastion. as in, the kh1 one. the GOOD one.
i really dont see all the complaints here. especially with re:com, the voices in that were excellent besides maybe marluxia since his was quite monotone. and soras just didnt fit cuz they wanted to keep the same person who's voice had already changed, not his fault. idk much about days, but from the scenes ive heard, alyson stoner was fine as xion, maybe not as good as the japanese actress but still. id love hayden back but i dont think it matters much. corey burton was definitely not as good as christopher lee but he was standable, it was a pretty good mimic all things considered. i think haley can pull off vanitas too, hes an amazing actor (A.I., sixth sense, etc). aquas and terras japanese voices are perfect for them so that might be the only possible problem in the NA version but im sure they can find someone good for them if they dont use disney people

T

The Spoiler

Im just worried what they are going to call the X-Blade...

the only character they need to get right in my opinion is terra....or tina -.-;

Oh my god that whole Tina thing was a joke! Why dont you people get that? Pathetic

Awards
i really dont see all the complaints here. especially with re:com, the voices in that were excellent besides maybe marluxia since his was quite monotone.

Exactly, thats what made Marluxia so good. He's a nobody and nobodies lack emotions. So obviously he played the character correctly. That's why I think it was perfect. Xemnas, Saix, Lexaeus, and Marluxia all had really good voice acting cuz they didn't show much emotion in their voices.

Auxia

What I fail to grasp is how people can say the voice acting is better in a language they can't understand than one they can.
[In my experience, it's usually just some weeaboo attempt at making the Japanese version of the game look better.]

I agree, some of the voice acting was cheesy in Days, but that was mainly on the parts of the VAs for Axel and Roxas (who did better jobs in KH2). The Japanese versions of the KH games have their weak points as well, so it really all just balances out.

T

The Spoiler

In Days I didnt like how Axel says, "Why do I always get stuck with the icky jobs?" That line was soo gay.

ffdgh

...idk the Japanese add extra feeling and emotion while they do voices, lol look at a few birth by sleep vids

Auxia

...idk the Japanese add extra feeling and emotion while they do voices, lol look at a few birth by sleep vids

Yes, the Japanese sometimes do add unnecessary "emotion" (it's just indication; a far cry from true emotion), that does not make it better acting. That makes it more theatrical (which is good for some, but I prefer realism).

I stand by my claim that, unless someone can perfectly understand both English AND Japanese, one cannot truly compare the two in terms of voice acting.

On an unrelated note, Xion's VA was pretty damn good. People are letting their hate for a character become a basis for their judging that character's VA, which is immature and ridiculous.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The only people I'm worried about are Terra, Aqua, Eraqus, and Xehanort.

Zeeks11

KH voice acting in my opinion has always been good. Minus Aerith in KH2..which was just horrible. Should of kept Mandy Moore. But they at least changed it now.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
i swear half the voices you guys hate only because they replaced someone kh2 areith being the only exception.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
i mean im not trying to look at the negatives but look at kh 358 2 days and compare the english version to the jpn version. which one's better? definitely the jpn version. the VA for NA just sucked completely. or maybe im just too used to hearing bbs in japanese that i cant even imagine how terrible mx or vanitas would sound.

what do you guys think

I'm not all to worried about the NA VA. In my opinion, all of the American voice actors in KH have done a pretty good job.

Sir Adamus

MX, I think they can pull off in English.

Vanitas...eh...depends on if they are going to follow the Japanese continuity, and have HJO do Vanitas. And whether HJO can do Vanitas, since I haven't heard any evil characters from him to prove it.

Listen to him taunt Simba in KHII.

I think he'd be awesome as Vanitas.

Eternal_Sleep

i heard a rumor that they replaced mandy more because fans(i assume the hardcore FF ones) were outraged by her performance. i really hope that isn't true since i thought she did fine

same with lance bass as sephiroth. for craps sake he only spoke battle quotes! which of his (10 at most) battle quotes did people hate so much? granted the guy they got for KH2 was really good so i guess it worked out for them but that aside i didn't see any reason to replace the old guy.

of course if the rumor isn't true then its probably all about scheduling and contracts and stuff in which case it wouldn't matter to them what we think.

xXRepaXx

Has the voice actors for the english version been announced yet?

all i know is that Jesse McCartney will be doing ven presumably. And honsetly i dont think you can go wrong with HJO, hes an awesome VA and i love Hayden P. i cant wait its gonna be amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back