• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do these really exist?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ven-Dono

Website
naruto-chronicles.net
YouTube - 10 questions that every intelligent Christian must answer
- Source

Do these four verses really exist in any bible you read?

- Exodus 35:2 - God demands that we kill everyone who works on the Sabbath Day.

- Deuteronomy 21:18-21 - God demands that we must kill disobedient teenagers.

- Leviticus 20:13 - God demands the death of homosexuals.

- Deuteronomy 22:12-21 - God demands that we kill girls who are not virgins when they marry.

Now, of course I am skeptical. But really? Someone please tell me this guy is BSing.

dan99iel

It does shake my faith, but I always felt that as humanity changed and grew, so did God. Every Christian should have their own spirituality regardless of the bible.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
This are all BS.

My dad would be dead by now since he works on Sunday.

Oh and what about the Pastors or w/e at the church? They work on Sundays.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
*sigh* You know, a lot of the issues people had with the Bible could be avoided if people actually tried to understand why something is said.

Aliahya

Bronze Member
It is a short summary of each one but yes predominatly these statements are true, but you have to consider that these regulations were written many years ago where morals and ethics were much different to what you believe is right. Back in the day, women were stoned if they were unfaithful the same way children were stoned and hung if they violated the 10 commandemtns "Honour thy father and thy mother"

PLUS the matter is that not many people take heed to the old testement, but those who do im quite sure they are not going to go around stoning homosexuals etc.

"Thou shalt not kill" im quite certain plays a major part in 21st century morals and ethics.

*Sigh* the bible is full of contridictions its up to the individual how u interpret it

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
It is a short summary of each one but yes predominatly these statements are true, but you have to consider that these regulations were written many years ago where morals and ethics were much different to what you believe is right. Back in the day, women were stoned if they were unfaithful the same way children were stoned and hung if they violated the 10 commandemtns "Honour thy father and thy mother"

PLUS the matter is that not many people take heed to the old testement, but those who do im quite sure they are not going to go around stoning homosexuals etc.

"Thou shalt not kill" im quite certain plays a major part in 21st century morals and ethics.

*Sigh* the bible is full of contridictions its up to the individual how u interpret it

In other words choose what you want to believe.

A

Azrael

YouTube - 10 questions that every intelligent Christian must answer
- Source

Do these four verses really exist in any bible you read?

- Exodus 35:2 - God demands that we kill everyone who works on the Sabbath Day.

- Deuteronomy 21:18-21 - God demands that we must kill disobedient teenagers.

- Leviticus 20:13 - God demands the death of homosexuals.

- Deuteronomy 22:12-21 - God demands that we kill girls who are not virgins when they marry.

Now, of course I am skeptical. But really? Someone please tell me this guy is BSing.

I always was taught that God supposedly wrote the Bible but that the humans writing his Word misinterpreted what he said.

Remember when the Old Testament was written.

Camilo101

I always was taught that God supposedly wrote the Bible but that the humans writing his Word misinterpreted what he said.

Remember when the Old Testament was written.

It says in the Bible that God's word is eternal and unchanging, and that if anyone even tried to change it they would suffer the seven plagues of Revelations. I was always taught that God wrote the Bible through man, much like how man writes books through a pencil. Man was a tool for God.

The Old Testament is still important, it tells the Genesis and the Ten Commandments, as well as shows the original covenant with Abraham. Jesus came and fulfilled that covenant, and made a new one at the Last Supper. Jesus said "I came not to abolish the law, but to fulfill it." That's why we don't have to follow all those little rules God lays down in the Old Testament, because Jesus took all our sin and became the final, ultimate sacrifice. So we follow his new teachings now, and accept that he's the Christ.

A pastor once said that the Old Testament is revealed in the New, just as the New is foreshadowed in the Old. He gave several examples, but unfortunately I can't remember them...but yeah does that explain things better?

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Well, have you read the OT? It's the randiest, most violent piece of literature you'll ever find. That's how the ancient world rolls, yo.

Thank you, 21st Century.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back