• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

20 KH Mysteries Solved! Sort of.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
yay new info! Dx
thanks Lili~swan!!!

Beyer

how....just plain FASCINATING!
This makes a lot of sense to me, I don't see any retcon but I guess I don't know enough about the series in the first place.
However, one thing I did notice as I read through the thread was the Roxas=/=Ven battle and how now it is apparently retcon.
Nomura said that Roxas and Ven are not the same. This is true because Roxas is some sort of hybrid between Sora and Ven making him not the SAME as Ven but similar. Roxas shows more traits of Sora though, probably because Ventus wasn't (or at the very least not fully) created when Roxas was put into development.

But yeah, thank you so so so much! I don't see any retcon but yeah, hard to explain...

Detronilizer

He said that Roxas and Ven weren't the same. Calling Ven Roxas' real self retcons that.

I believe Nomura meant, in that old interview, to avoid any confusion between the two characters. Yes, Roxas is Ven's Nobody, and so they are the same person, really. But I think Nomura was just saying that the character Ventus isn't the same person you play as in the beginning of KH2. Like saying that Sora isn't the same character you play as in 358/2 Days. This goes back to the whole "science" of Nobodies. Basically, Roxas is physically Sora and Ventus, but when you speak about the three of them in terms of individuals, they are all different characters. It's just like Christianity: the Father isn't Jesus who isn't the Holy Spirit, but all three of them are one God. You get it.

It was said in KH CoM that Roxas holds the other side of Sora's heart.
This wholly contradicts it.

Sora's heart linked with Ventus' right when Sora was born; "filled it", in fact. Ergo you could say that they essentially have the same heart, not simply two hearts in one body like in the case of Terra and MX. Ergo Roxas/Ven's heart=Other side of Sora's heart.

Days said that Dual Wielding was because of Xion.
This contradicts somethinig he made up recently.

You're just off on that one. Days didn't specifically say that. And Nomura didn't make that up recently. Remember that he had the stories of all three of the handheld games done at the same time (BBS' story was in fact finished first). This is what he said just after Days' release and long before BBS' release.

-- In the end Roxas is able use two keyblades. Is this because he now has Xion’s?

Nomura: Well, it isn’t that Roxas has physically inherited Xion’s keyblade, but more that Xion has awakened it within Roxas. In the KH series there are a lot of complex reasons why someone can use a keyblade, but basically you need a “heart” to be able to wield one. So strictly speaking, they are being influenced by Sora. At the present I can’t say more than that, since it would go into whether or not Roxas has a heart. And there is also a part that has to do with Xehanort’s memories. This time there were connections to the Kingdom Hearts I secret movie, and the time will come when this will have a clear connection as well. You’ll just have to ask me then.

BTW, those two underlined sentences are more implications that Sora and Ventus' hearts are practically the same.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I believe Nomura meant, in that old interview, to avoid any confusion between the two characters. Yes, Roxas is Ven's Nobody, and so they are the same person, really. But I think Nomura was just saying that the character Ventus isn't the same person you play as in the beginning of KH2. Like saying that Sora isn't the same character you play as in 358/2 Days. This goes back to the whole "science" of Nobodies. Basically, Roxas is physically Sora and Ventus, but when you speak about the three of them in terms of individuals, they are all different characters. It's just like Christianity: the Father isn't Jesus who isn't the Holy Spirit, but all three of them are one God. You get it.

I know. But I'm looking at the direct aspects, not the metapohric.
Roxas' heart is Sora's heart. Considering the Ven's heart is Sora's, that would mean it's Roxas' too.

I wasn't lyying when I said Nomura retconned Roxas' identity.

And I understanding you separating Roxas, Ven and Sora, but this isn't the case anymore. That statement was said when it was still debatable if Roxas had a heart or not. That's not the case anymore, where we know now that he does.

Considering your heart is basically your "basic proof of living and identifacaation", that basically puts Roxas' identifacation in the Sora category.

Sora's heart linked with Ventus' right when Sora was born; "filled it", in fact. Ergo you could say that they essentially have the same heart, not simply two hearts in one body like in the case of Terra and MX. Ergo Roxas/Ven's heart=Other side of Sora's heart.

I know. I wasn't saying enything otherwise. And it's confirmed now.

Faris

Perfect Harmony
I want to know more about the training to become a key-blade master, or even simply a wielder. Or most specifically how on earth did Sora manage to get so talent without training from anyone?

YUPPP

Wait so if Xemnas had Terra's and Master Xehanort's memories, how did he know where Ven was? I don't recall either of them knowing this in BBS.

Faris

Perfect Harmony
Wait so if Xemnas had Terra's and Master Xehanort's memories, how did he know where Ven was? I don't recall either of them knowing this in BBS.

Possibly some sort of procedure/training that both Aqua and Terra went through in case of such an emergency as once losing their heart and their land falling into darkness? I mean Aqua knew what to do, maybe Terra did also?

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
The explanation to Kairi wielding is my favorite.
Seriously, now people will stop with the convoluted theories as to how she can't wield.

kaialone

No prob. :D

Ventus, I believe, is the only reason why Sora is a wielder in the first place.

But Sora has been conected to Ven since his birth ,thus he was kinda "born" a wielder ,i think.If he nevr connected with Ven he would probably have a different personality and stuff

Winter the Wise

But Sora has been conected to Ven since his birth ,thus he was kinda "born" a wielder ,i think.If he nevr connected with Ven he would probably have a different personality and stuff

yeah, you have a point.

i think when ven is no longer part of his heart and he puts back everything connected to him, he won't be able to wield a keyblade anymore.

Yuu

i think when ven is no longer part of his heart and he puts back everything connected to him, he won't be able to wield a keyblade anymore.

Kinda unlikely as Sora is the only official dual-wielder of all the contemporary keybladers. One could easily extrapolate that his ability is due to the fact that his heart is made up of Ven and himself.

If Ven ever becomes independent, Sora will most likely not be able to do synchblade anymore, but will still retain his one rightful keyblade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back