• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Orlando, Florida trip

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorade

Naturally, we called it Gatorade
Not sure if this is in the right forum, but here goes anyway:

I am visiting Orlando from the 22nd-29th of August. The main reason I am going is to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, but I also intend to explore the rest of IoA along with regular US. Also, we plan to spend a day or two in some of the Disney parks.

My question is, how crowded do you think everything will be? I'm fairly certain that the WWoHP will be filled to capacity, like always. But what about the rest of the park/Disney?

Also, any other advice or suggestions about this trip would be most appreciated!

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
well i don't think it will be so crowded with that being the time schools start but i wouldnt really know.
by the way, i wanna go to that harry potter place so bad!

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
high firetrucking five for going to the wwohp

i would give my left breast to go there

but yeah, take lots of money but do NOT carry it on your person
> crowded place
> pickpockets

keep belongings in shirt pockets at all times.

Twilightheaven

Twilight Warrior of the Stars
Awards
Not crowded. I live a half hour from disney. Around mid august the schools will be open and it is not crowded at hollywood studios or epcot.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
Not sure if this is in the right forum, but here goes anyway:

I am visiting Orlando from the 22nd-29th of August. The main reason I am going is to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, but I also intend to explore the rest of IoA along with regular US. Also, we plan to spend a day or two in some of the Disney parks.

My question is, how crowded do you think everything will be? I'm fairly certain that the WWoHP will be filled to capacity, like always. But what about the rest of the park/Disney?

Also, any other advice or suggestions about this trip would be most appreciated!

It depends on when the Florida kids go back to school. But it's always crowded, especially during the summer, so if you can try to stay at Disney resorts (we always stay at the Grand Floridian when we go). It's going to be hot as hell, and so humid it'll make it difficult to breathe. Bring as much sunscreen as you can, drink lots of water, and try to nibble throughout the day.

Disney has what they call extra magic hours; it's a perk of staying in one of the resorts. Certain parks are open later than usual on certain nights, but only to resort guests. In the summer they're open until past midnight, I believe. Usually the rides are walk-on, but I don't know how it is in the summer because we never go during the summer. We always go during the off-season.

Also, Magic Kingdom is always crowded. So if there's a certain ride you want to get on, go as soon as it opens (if you're not a resort guest) or get fastpasses. Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion don't have fast passes (Pirates never did; Haunted Mansion used to but for some reason they took them out), so ride those as soon as you get there if you want.

Gatorade

Alright thanks for the advice guys, keep it up!

I'm actually a huge HP nerd and I've had this date on my calendar since it was first announced in, what, 2005?

I was hoping that by this time, the southern kids would be back in school, thus leaving an empty park for us northerners who don't go back until 2nd week of September.

At Disney, I was leaning towards MK and DHS because at AK, the Yeti and the Carnotaurus are apparently broken on their respective rides. And Epcot is straight up boring for me besides Test Track.

Also, we already have our hotel booked but it is unfortunately not on either resort. It is a timeshare through RCI.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards

I'm actually a huge HP nerd and I've had this date on my calendar since it was first announced in, what, 2005?

I was hoping that by this time, the southern kids would be back in school, thus leaving an empty park for us northerners who don't go back until 2nd week of September.

At Disney, I was leaning towards MK and DHS because at AK, the Yeti and the Carnotaurus are apparently broken on their respective rides. And Epcot is straight up boring for me besides Test Track.

Also, we already have our hotel booked but it is unfortunately not on either resort. It is a timeshare through RCI.

all i have to say is
have fun!

im going to disneyland in july
its going to be crowded

luckily ill have a fast pass

cant go to disney without one
long lines FTL

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

Disney has several resorts; they're categorized into Value, Moderate, and Deluxe. We usually stay in the Deluxe ones (these are the Contemporary - which I was none too fond of-, Grand Floridian, and Polynesian), but sometimes we stay in the Moderate ones. It doesn't matter what level of resort you stay at; you still get perks.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
A lot of people are going to be at both both places. I have been to disney many times.
Man I really want to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Gatorade

I'll let you guys know how the WWoHP is. From what I've heard from the people who were allowed in at the soft openings, it is really cool but very small and cramped. Even with the 200 or so people they allow in every morning, they say that the shops are all so crowded. Good luck to all of us who are going when the park will be opened to several thousands of people.....

I've also heard that HPatFJ is very scary. Some people say it's the best theme park ride ever and others say it is a very good ride. But one thing that there has been a general consensus about is that it could be scary for some people. The only thing I'm scared of is the multiple spider audio-animatronics that are apparently close enough to touch and they also shoot web (water) at you .

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
We may or may not go to the HP thing when we go to Disney in a few weeks (mom's going to a convention, she's already made the reservations for both of us - of course, she failed to ask me whether or not I actually wanted to go DURING JULY). We've been going at least twice a year for the past 18 years - you would think she would have figured out that July in Florida sucks the first time we went over July 4th weekend...oh gawd that was awful...

Yeah, the HP thing looks pretty claustrophobic....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back