• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashes Remnant

It's All Crazy! It's All False!
I think no one's said anything cause everyone knows..

I mean, it's an awful disaster. BP sucks.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
I know all too well because it's been on the news non-stop for the last few days. Well, okay, not non-stop but, they do go through it like six times each day.

It's horrible and I have the biggest feeling that we're going to still be dealing with this by the time I'm an old grandmother.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
It's not even happening anywhere near here and it's on our news all the time.

Anywhoo, I smell the termination of a CEO or a couple of board members.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
From what I've heard, those who were affected by Exxon-Valdez's oil spill still haven't got all of their compensation and it seems likely that this case will go a similar route. The worst part is that smaller business owners and employees are probably going to get screwed up/ small checks at best, while Government-run parks (I'm pretty sure that there's a few areas of state and federal land on the gulf coast.) and larger businesses will not only be among the first payed, but will more than likely get the most compensation.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
BP's committed crimes against the environment on a scale never before seen.

The fourth-biggest company in the world lacked safety features even the smallest oil-drilling companies are required to have in place.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
I'm not even clear how or why this happened, but I know BP did it apparently?
Almost shocking to hear, especially for how bad it is. It's REALLY effed the Gulf Coast up, even my local beach got closed.
It's too bad because I've had family work for BP years ago.

My friends from MIT linked me to pics and what some of them are doing for the situation. They made like airborne cameras that are taking video/pics of the gulf.
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/05/oil_reaches_louisiana_shores.html#photo35

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
All of the ecosystems being destroyed by this mess...-shakes head- This is the reason why any form of off-shore drilling shouldn't be allowed. Sh!t like this happens. Companies like BP find their way around safety protocols and the rest of the world pays for it.

Callaghan

Awards
There's some "converter" thing somewhere, where you type a city near you, and it overlays the size of the spill on it so you realize how bad it is o.o
On the up, side, maybe everyone will stop kc*fing using oil etc.
Because if we don't find alternative fuel now, when we do run out, we wont be able to fly planes anymore, as solar panels don't really work for them.
Welly has electric buses for public transport.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
There's some "converter" thing somewhere, where you type a city near you, and it overlays the size of the spill on it so you realize how bad it is o.o
On the up, side, maybe everyone will stop kc*fing using oil etc.
Because if we don't find alternative fuel now, when we do run out, we wont be able to fly planes anymore, as solar panels don't really work for them.
Welly has electric buses for public transport.

We won't. Not until we've used up every available source.

And yes, when profit's involved, humanity can be that stupid.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
BP is British Petroleum.

I'm wondering though...when this all started, did they place any boats around the spill to try and filter some of the oil out of the water and collect it?

EDIT: ninja'd.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
BP is British Petroleum.

I'm wondering though...when this all started, did they place any boats around the spill to try and filter some of the oil out of the water and collect it?

EDIT: ninja'd.

I don't think they did. I even think they tried to keep it secret for a little while. But I could be paranoid again though.

And I ninja'd you good. xD

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't think they did. I even think they tried to keep it secret for a little while.

And I ninja'd you good. xD

How idiotic. They could have placed boats all around the spill and created a containment and collect zone and decreased the amount of oil spreading out to the ocean.

Maybe this will make people wake up and stop using oil. We have so many other forms of energy that can be used. Wind power, solar energy, algae biofuel...-sigh- I could go on.

Yeah, you got me good. Three minutes!

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
I think no one's said anything cause everyone knows..

I mean, it's an awful disaster. BP sucks.
It's a miracle I know. I don't watch TV or listen to the radio or anything.

Yea, it's pretty bad. :(

BP's committed crimes against the environment on a scale never before seen.

The fourth-biggest company in the world lacked safety features even the smallest oil-drilling companies are required to have in place.
I don't know why I'm laughing at bP now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back