• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Morgan Webb

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorade

Naturally, we called it Gatorade
So I watched a lot of G4's coverage of E3 and the press conferences and one thing I noticed that really bothered me. Morgan Webb is a very outspoken feminist. Let me clarify: there is nothing wrong with feminism and there is nothing wrong with Morgan Webb. I actually think she is a good journalist (or whatever you want to call her) and she knows her stuff about video games. But there is a right time and place for everything. I distinctly remember at least 3 feminist comments from her from just today. At an E3 gaming convention where the target audience is mostly nerdy men who can't get women on their own, Webb is not accomplishing anything by stating her (probably accurate) opinion.

Some of her comments I found to be slighty hypocritical. She talked about how she was happy to see a strong female character who is not scantily clad. Yet I google searched Morgan Webb and many of the images that popped up were of her scantily clad. It doesn't make sense. She can be as feminist as she wants and I'd support her in some cases, but keep it out of E3 because the main focus is the epicness of the upcoming games and I don't want to be interrupted with that nonsense during E3.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
So now you want to control what a person says and when they say it huh??? HUH!!!??

Awards
You know she's like... 40 years old? I was surprised.

Anyway what are you bitching about? I kinda agree with what she says.

And how is it bothering you that much? Not that big a deal.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
All right now that we've all had are say lets talk about how HaWt Morgan fox is.

Key to the light

GODtada Will Reign
Don't take Morgan Webb too seriously.
Just enjoy her snarky sarcasm, her boobs, and the fact that she's not covered in pimples.

This. Mmmmm.... Morgan Webb... Anyway, I thought what Morgan said was just fine. She's just stating her opinion (like everybody does). Much more her than that one annoying and jackassish intern fellow... And plus, they were filming live and had to cover so much time, so they were probably all Insta-Brainstorming thinking of things to say.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
Please tell me you didn't just insult Adam Sessler.

Adam Sessler is the only good left in gaming journalism, next to N'Gai Croal and Garnett Lee.

Wait, who insulted Adam Sessler? That makes me sad.

And just out of curiosity, Gatorade, what exactly did Morgan say that was so feminist? I don't have G4 so I kind of feel left out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back