• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YUPPP

Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

You do remember that Terra's has "That" scene of epicness for his VA to pull off right? Terra had plenty more emotion than what Aqua had in the beginning of the trailer, either that, or were listening to entire different people.

And again Terra japanese counterpart was heavily reflected more based on his appearance. (Masuclinity, heroic, etc.) meanwhile his english VA is more so based on his gullibility to Xehanort, his personality, and age.

Vanitas has two side of a coin personality while it seems like his VA has nailed his "Emo" voice, we still have yet to see if his VA, can nail that "Psycho" laugh right between the eyes.

How the hell did two lines in a trailer give you the impression that Terra sounded gullible. His acting sucked in the trailer end of story.

Key

Exile
Awards

How the hell did two lines in a trailer give you the impression that Terra sounded gullible. His acting sucked in the trailer end of story.

Well, how the hell did two lines in a trailer give you the impression that Terra's voice sucked? |:3

This thread's all opinions. he's got his and you've got yours. :D Don't try shooting each other down :p

Sempied

What crawled up your butt? (At least I didn't say "Naive" for him)

I didn't base his voice alone by his gullible nature, but of his entire prospect of Xehanort at first in the beginning of the game. Sure letting a guy fool you into rage of taking Eraqus heart, and making a catalyst ready by his darkness harnessing, while Terra believes MX is still nothing, but an old keyblade master at first

"Help me understand master Xehanort what is it that I failed to learn?" His entire scenes before finding Xehanort to tell him to "Correct my mistake!" as well to many others.

Please give me your entitlement to what Terra should've sounded like, and why.

Well, how the hell did two lines in a trailer give you the impression that Terra's voice sucked? |:3

This thread's all opinions. he's got his and you've got yours. :D Don't try shooting each other down :p
Words of wisdom have never tasted so sweet!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

did anyone talk to the VA of zack fair?

A few people have tried months ago. As far as I know, either they couldn't contact him, or he never replied back.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

He doesn't look EXACTLY like Terra, but he's pretty damn close. And he looks familiar - is he the one who played Gambit in Wolverine?

Yeah, he was. ^_^ And, no, he might not be an exact replica, but I was still pretty surprised when I found out that there's someone in real life who looks that close by coincidence. xD

And Terra's VA sucks. He doesn't sound young, but he doesn't sound manly like his Japanese counterpart.

Eh, getting a manly voice for Terra is kind of overrated. It worked in Japan because they were intentionally trying to make Terra look like something he wasn't, but I don't see how it'd hurt his character to have a voice that reflects his actual characterization.

.:Mega:.

Awards

but I don't see how it'd hurt his character to have a voice that reflects his actual characterization.

Exactly. Terra isn't the super macho and serious guy people make him out to be. :/ There's so much more to him.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Exactly. Terra isn't the super macho and serious guy people make him out to be. :/ There's so much more to him.

THIS!

(Behold... these 25 characters are needed. United with the comments of the users. On this thread, lovers and haters were locked in combat! As the VA flame war RAGED!!!)

WaveK89

In terms of the voice actor for Master Eraqus, is it confirmed to be
Spoiler Spoiler Show

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

In terms of the voice actor for Master Eraqus, is it confirmed to be
Spoiler Spoiler Show

It's obvious that it is. The voices matche well enough where you can tell.
I don't see why that needs to be in spoilers though.

raelle

Eh, getting a manly voice for Terra is kind of overrated. It worked in Japan because they were intentionally trying to make Terra look like something he wasn't, but I don't see how it'd hurt his character to have a voice that reflects his actual characterization.
I absolutely loved Ryoutarou Okiayu as Terra, and that's partially because his deep, masculine voice was a part of the kind of misleading "so manly and serious" image that got undermined - and part of how it got undermined was Okiayu's actual performance. He just did a wonderful job in getting across how sweet and awkward Terra really was in the individual delivery of the lines. So basically - I'm at a point where I'm not ready to judge the English actor yet - but I just really need to see whether or not he succeeds in making Terra adorable. :p Part of me thinks it's a shame to lose the aspect of the promotional troll that was Terra's characterization in Okiayu's type of voice, but it's not that big a deal as long as the core pieces come across in the end.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

I absolutely loved Ryoutarou Okiayu as Terra, and that's partially because his deep, masculine voice was a part of the kind of misleading "so manly and serious" image that got undermined - and part of how it got undermined was Okiayu's actual performance. He just did a wonderful job in getting across how sweet and awkward Terra really was in the individual delivery of the lines. So basically - I'm at a point where I'm not ready to judge the English actor yet - but I just really need to see whether or not he succeeds in making Terra adorable. :p Part of me thinks it's a shame to lose the aspect of the promotional troll that was Terra's characterization in Okiayu's type of voice, but it's not that big a deal as long as the core pieces come across in the end.

Well, okay, I'm not going to argue with that. XD Okiayu's performance as Terra was absolutely perfect, even if he didn't exactly sound like a 19-20 year old.

The thing is... I really don't trust the US voice direction enough to assume they'd be able to pull the same thing off. =/ I mean, according to Quentin Flynn, they don't tell the VAs much about character motivation and such... which would be kind of important to pull off a bait-and-switch. The only way it'd work is if the actor himself understood Terra's character despite the lack of help, and even then it's unlikely he'd have experience playing that kind of character. It's probably safer to choose someone whose voice is naturally closer to the sweet and awkward image they want Terra to have.

As for the promotional troll... it's amusing, but I don't think it'd have the desired effect, considering that the first trailer they dubbed was the TGS '09 one. If any of the promotional material showed their hand with Terra, it's that one. XD;

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ

Well I think it's obvious why people want it to make it official considering some people claim if they assume, one might of guess it wrong and then later on be corrected later by facts. That or it's not facts until there's evidence (even if you might and or you think you might hear it). I think. XD

Also am I the only one who doesn't care if Leonard Nimoy sounds like a croaking frog to some people?
BTW my friend said this. NOT ME. It's not his fault that he sounds like it, I mean he's been living since what? The 1930s? And isn't he supposed to sound old? It's like some people expect Master Xenahort to sound a certain way like I know somebody who claimed they wanted him to SOUND YOUNGER then he really is which imo, makes no sense.

Also I know I've mentioned this alot of times but hopefully Rick Gomez comes back to potray Zack Fair....I couldn't really tell too much from the gameplay clip.

Esso

Fire Breaker

I loved all the voices in the NA BBS trailer. Vanitas sounds perfect and so does Eraqus. Jesse McCarthey sounds much better than before. But Aqua sounded a bit weird... but still okay.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I think Jesse is pulling off golden-boy Ven so well. Ven and Roxas are different, after all, and I thought I could hear it X3

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Well I think it's obvious why people want it to make it official considering some people claim if they assume, one might of guess it wrong and then later on be corrected later by facts. That or it's not facts until there's evidence (even if you might and or you think you might hear it). I think. XD

Also am I the only one who doesn't care if Leonard Nimoy sounds like a croaking frog to some people? BTW my friend said this. NOT ME. It's not his fault that he sounds like it, I mean he's been living since what? The 1930s? And isn't he supposed to sound old? It's like some people expect Master Xenahort to sound a certain way like I know somebody who claimed they wanted him to SOUND YOUNGER then he really is which imo, makes no sense.

Also I know I've mentioned this alot of times but hopefully Rick Gomez comes back to potray Zack Fair....I couldn't really tell too much from the gameplay clip.

I don't hear him sounding like a croaking frog :/
He sounds like an evil old man. The Japanese one was too fake in my opinion because I just had the image of a 40-year old trying to do a Japanese darth Sidious. I don't know anyone who's around the age of 60-70 who sounds similar to the Japanese voice naturally.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I actually didn't like the Japanese MX. I mean, he fitted the character, but he was so mumbly and old-man-y and I couldn't understand him very well XD;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back