• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

riku's eyes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I think it might just be symbolism? He wanted to hide himself from Sora right? So he probably wore the blindfold to hide himself or w/e

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Nojima sucks at writing.

SORA, DONALD, AND GOOFY.

Blame it on that.

...So you're saying the writing was terrible because of "Sora, Donald, and Goofy"? That's a lame reason to hate a story. -_-
In all honesty, that's probably the only answer I got from KH2 haters. I ask them "Why do you hate it?" Then they say "The writing sucked!" and then I ask "How?" and they say "Sora, Donald, Goofy!" and... that's all they say.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
...So you're saying the writing was terrible because of "Sora, Donald, and Goofy"? That's a lame reason to hate a story. -_-
In all honesty, that's probably the only answer I got from KH2 haters. I ask them "Why do you hate it?" Then they say "The writing sucked!" and then I ask "How?" and they say "Sora, Donald, Goofy!" and... that's all they say.

No, there's a lot of reasons to say the writing sucked.
The line delivery in the actors in II was particularly bad as well.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Well, Days showed that Riku used the blindfold to hold back the darkness. He took it off before his final showdown with Roxas, and that allowed him to turn into Ansem SoD. As to why he wore it at the end of KH2.... retcon? xD; Maybe because the blindfold was used to keep Riku as himself rather than Ansem SoD, when the machine backfiring turned Riku back into himself, perhaps the blindfold automatically came back, because Riku was himself again, which was the purpose of the blindfold to begin with?

Silverslide

I find KH2 to be better than KH1.

HOHO! I don't think we played the same game! But I guess opinions are opinions. KH1 is the best in the series so far BBS being a close second. The gameplay wasn't just XXXXXXXXXXXXXX O XXXXXXXXXXXXX like KH2 was. The story in KH1 wasn't crap like KH2 was. KH1's gameplay is awesome. I liked the game better. I actually used magic in KH1, and I played it after I beat the story thanks to phil. And KH2s writing was bleh. But again, opinions are opinions.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
HOHO! I don't think we played the same game! But I guess opinions are opinions. KH1 is the best in the series so far BBS being a close second. The gameplay wasn't just XXXXXXXXXXXXXX O XXXXXXXXXXXXX like KH2 was. The story in KH1 wasn't crap like KH2 was. KH1's gameplay is awesome. I liked the game better. I actually used magic in KH1, and I played it after I beat the story thanks to phil. And KH2s writing was bleh. But again, opinions are opinions.
s1angrypple Your extremely annoying.

Yessir_23

Awards
I never played the first one (therefore it took a LONG time to grasp the story in KH2!) but I found the second one quite enjoyable.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
Naw, the first didn't actually have you spamming XXXXXXXXXXXXX.

You had to throw in casting Curaga and Aeroga here and there.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I never played the first one (therefore it took a LONG time to grasp the story in KH2!) but I found the second one quite enjoyable.
I find it to be the best game in the world next KH 1 which is much better and that's why people hate on it so much. same thing with billions hacking on Crisis Core (not on this forum it seems) because FF VII was so much better but CC was a great game but it was a spin-off that was telling a smaller story about something that happened in VII and made it bigger so ofcourse it's not as good (though I laught at one guy actually complaining it was to easy. played the original?).
this is a full sequal and had extremly high expetations but when nearly all where crached fans started to hate, I did not

about gameplay KH II wasn't that much worse what was missing was challanges.

what does this have to do with Rikus eyes?

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

XXXXXXXXXXXXX O XXXXXXXXXXX was the exact gameplay from KH1. KH2 was more like /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ XX O /\/\ lol But even then, KH2 got me much more involved gameplay wise than KH1 was. KH1 was too basic in my opinion. I mean, the only problem with KH2's combat system was that it lacked challenge... but that's not nearly enough to say the game is "broken" just because it's easy.
You used magic in KH1? The only magic I ever used from KH1 was heal and that's it. KH2's gameplay was awesome too and I still don't see why KH2's writing was bad. Nobody ever gave me a good explanation for that. They just say "Oh trust me, there are reasons" and just leave it like that without even telling me those reasons.

Weeabo said:
Naw, the first didn't actually have you spamming XXXXXXXXXXXXX.

You had to throw in casting Curaga and Aeroga here and there.

I never even used Aeroga or any of the magic spells except for Cure in my time in KH1.
I mean, in terms of gameplay it's just someone's skill and style at playing games in general... not really the game's fault if one person sucks at the game while another person is awesome at it. It's all dependent on the player.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
KH 1: aeroga XXX I_I XXX I_I XXX Cure + Abilities, summons
KH 2: XXXXXXXX OO XXXXXXX reflect XXXXXXXX O XXXXXXXX /\ {-(over-rated) XXXXXXXX O XXXXXXXXXX + drive forms/limits, summons

I love both of them, love buttomsmashing :) (summons suck)

KeybladeCounsel

Some actually compared the gameplay to Sora's actual ability as a Keyblader. In KH1 it's basic but KH2 it's more excelled. KH BBS it's like way excelled because the keybladers are years experienced. That's my belief anyway though I doubt Nomura knowingly intended it that way...

Silverslide

XXXXXXXXXXXXX O XXXXXXXXXXX was the exact gameplay from KH1. KH2 was more like /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ XX O /\/\ lol But even then, KH2 got me much more involved gameplay wise than KH1 was. KH1 was too basic in my opinion. I mean, the only problem with KH2's combat system was that it lacked challenge... but that's not nearly enough to say the game is "broken" just because it's easy.
You used magic in KH1? The only magic I ever used from KH1 was heal and that's it. KH2's gameplay was awesome too and I still don't see why KH2's writing was bad. Nobody ever gave me a good explanation for that. They just say "Oh trust me, there are reasons" and just leave it like that without even telling me those reasons.

I never even used Aeroga or any of the magic spells except for Cure in my time in KH1.
I mean, in terms of gameplay it's just someone's skill and style at playing games in general... not really the game's fault if one person sucks at the game while another person is awesome at it. It's all dependent on the player.

Dude lol you didn't play it right. Magic is pretty neccesary in KH1 otherwise you will have a lot of trouble. The magic in KH2 was pretty useless tbh fighting against some of the bosses in Olympus colleseuim it was almost necessary to use aeroga lol and the boss fights in KH1 were waaay more interactive for example you actually had to use strategy and magic when fighting the phantom same with kurt zisa. some of the olympus bosses didn't let you just run up to the enemy and XXXXXXXX like Ice Titan, guard was way more used than attack was lol and I wouldnt call KH2's battle system broken I thought of it as lacking... not as fun and clever like KH1's gameplay. Plus... full MP curaga? The first time I noticed this was during a boss fight where I needed reflega lol but that is basically why I prefer KH1

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Dude lol you didn't play it right. Magic is pretty neccesary in KH1 otherwise you will have a lot of trouble. The magic in KH2 was pretty useless tbh fighting against some of the bosses in Olympus colleseuim it was almost necessary to use aeroga lol and the boss fights in KH1 were waaay more interactive for example you actually had to use strategy and magic when fighting the phantom same with kurt zisa. some of the olympus bosses didn't let you just run up to the enemy and XXXXXXXX like Ice Titan, guard was way more used than attack was lol and I wouldnt call KH2's battle system broken I thought of it as lacking... not as fun and clever like KH1's gameplay. Plus... full MP curaga? The first time I noticed this was during a boss fight where I needed reflega lol but that is basically why I prefer KH1

Wow you say "you didn't play it right"? Seriously... everyone has a different play-style and magic is NOT required in KH1. I beat it easily without using any magic with the exception of Cure and I beat all of Olympus Coliseum. Aeroga is over-rated in my opinion. I only used it once and then found it pretty useless. It doesn't mean "I played it wrong", it just means "I played it differently"

In all honesty it depends on "playstyle" on whether or not you like the gameplay of a game or not. For example some people hate RPGs simply because they just prefer shooting people in the head. Not the game's fault... it's just the player's style.

Silverslide

Wow you say "you didn't play it right"? Seriously... everyone has a different play-style and magic is NOT required in KH1. I beat it easily without using any magic with the exception of Cure and I beat all of Olympus Coliseum. Aeroga is over-rated in my opinion. I only used it once and then found it pretty useless. It doesn't mean "I played it wrong", it just means "I played it differently"

In all honesty it depends on "playstyle" on whether or not you like the gameplay of a game or not. For example some people hate RPGs simply because they just prefer shooting people in the head. Not the game's fault... it's just the player's style.

I was just sayin' :/ Using stuff like Aeroga, that protects you and can attack the opponent at the same time, is pretty good to have in a difficult game like KH1 is unless you're not on expert mode but whatever :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back