• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Door to Darkness

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzara

KH1 spoilers... Like anyone cares about those. XP

There's something I never really understood about KH1. When Xehanort's heartless has been defeated he reaches out for the Door to Darkness, asking for the true darkness of Kingdom Hearts, and it kinda starts seeping out. Then Sora says Kingdom Hearts is made of light and suddenly a bunch of light comes out and keels Xehanort's heartless. And THEN when they're trying to close it with Riku and Mickey, it's full of darkness and Heartless again.

I guess I'm missing a major piece of the puzzle here, 'cause I don't exactly understand how this works. Anyone care to explain WITHOUT using BBS or coded spoilers? If the explanation resides within BBS's story, I guess my question is irrelevant, since I'd rather find out when I actually play it.

Thanks in advance to whoever will bother answering! :]

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
http://forums.khinsider.com/spoilers/149811-kh3-kh-universe-mythology-general.html
^That is my giant exploration of it, but there are some BBS spoilers, so I'll paraphrase. (The quotes I used to prove it etc are in that thread though)

The DtD opens into the Realm of Darkness, right? And of course the RoD is full of darkness. The light that came out is the light of Kingdom Hearts. In other words, Kingdom Hearts is a giant heart of light trapped inside the darkness in the RoD. You need the special keyblade of princess hearts to get the DtD to open right where KH is, though, it seems.

So Kingdom Hearts is light; it's just trapped in realm of darkness.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I've allways thought about that, I think we should lissen to what Kairis grandmother say when sora dream. I can't remember exactly what now but there was something about light being released (then I gues the darkness stayed.

about goldpanner, I read verry little you wrote in the other thread bcs of fear for spoilers but this is what I have to say:
shouldn't KH be light anyway, I mean the door gotta be locked so that nothing can come in (/out) but if you mean the darkness kinda block the way betwen KH and the door then it could be true (it sounds a bit off I think but it could be true) exept in the second game we see KH (the heart in the world that never was and then it's filled of nobodies for some wicked reason. and Nomura had KH in mind as a single game that could get a possibly sequal when he made that scene so the kairi story sounds better to be.

though I hate how they still exange heartless to nobodies

ps. how manny posts before changing title, anyone?

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
shouldn't KH be light anyway, I mean the door gotta be locked so that nothing can come in (/out) but if you mean the darkness kinda block the way betwen KH and the door then it could be true (it sounds a bit off I think but it could be true)

The door is just a door to the realm of darkness, and Kingdom Hearts is a heart of light stuck inside the realm of darkness. When you see that creepy place Mickey and Riku were in, that is the realm of darkness.

exept in the second game we see KH (the heart in the world that never was and then it's filled of nobodies for some wicked reason.

That KH wasn't the real one; the real one is still stuck inside the realm of darkness. The KH we see in KH2 is actually a fake KH that Xemnas made, which is made of stolen hearts the Org collected. The real KH is light that gives birth to all hearts.

and Nomura had KH in mind as a single game that could get a possibly sequal when he made that scene so the kairi story sounds better to be.

Yep :3 the Kairi grandmother story is actually very relevant to the future of the series, too.

Blizzara

... That all seems to make a lot of sense, thanks much :] I finally get it now.

It's funny how Kairi's grandmother's story is this weird tale that you'd think has nothing to do with anything, but it turns out to have huge significance. XD

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
That KH wasn't the real one; the real one is still stuck inside the realm of darkness. The KH we see in KH2 is actually a fake KH that Xemnas made, which is made of stolen hearts the Org collected. The real KH is light that gives birth to all hearts.
wow, I had no idea then it make total sense but I've allways thought the place you fight Ansem in was the RoD and Ansem brought SDG there

also if the door is to the realm of darkness why would one be needed to get in to the fake KH?

Blizzara

also if the door is to the realm of darkness why would one be needed to get in to the fake KH?

Well... It isn't. The fake KH was just that heart-shaped moon floating there. When the whole thing blew up in Xemnas's face (literally), he went off into the realm of darkness, I'm guessing to hide. So that's when the DTD appeared for Sora and co, so that they could enter the realm of darkness as well and give chase. At least that's what I understood. =/

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think he actually went to the Realm of Nothing or something.... lol I can't remember

Yuni

Banned
I always thought that when you open a door some light escapes and then darkness, but your explanation would explain it. lol.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Well... It isn't. The fake KH was just that heart-shaped moon floating there. When the whole thing blew up in Xemnas's face (literally), he went off into the realm of darkness, I'm guessing to hide. So that's when the DTD appeared for Sora and co, so that they could enter the realm of darkness as well and give chase. At least that's what I understood. =/

I thought it was a door to Kingdom Hearts that the worlds gave the keyblade wielders to stop Xemnas? As soon as you go inside you can Xemnas has taken control and is remodeling it into a world reminiscent of TWTNW and if he wasn't stopped there he would have used this power on the rest of the worlds as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back