• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts BBS Final Mix on the 3DS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

αsiя

space coke
the only times they have were on remakes. but not on final mixes. that and COM and coded had different circumstances

Yes I know. There is actually a bigger percent chance of it happening because all they have to do is add stuff (even though it would be nice if those added stuff are DLCs) but Square has the whole piracy issue and the PSP almost dying thing they have to worry about.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
It would be a great idea, yes, but I'm only risking breaking my PS2 for KH1FM,KH2FM, and there's no way I'm gonna hack my 3DS.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Personally, I'd be happy if they were to never make another Final Mix again. All it does is show that they a.) didn't put all their effort into it the first time, or b.) purposely left out material to make another quick buck.

Allister Rose

French Lover
αsiя;5224985 said:
Yes I know. There is actually a bigger percent chance of it happening because all they have to do is add stuff (even though it would be nice if those added stuff are DLCs) but Square has the whole piracy issue and the PSP almost dying thing they have to worry about.
well there are a lot of PSP games coming out now. unfortunately i think the problem is advertisement. but i don't see any hints of PSP dying out. sure it's not the most popular system, but are they losing a lot of money because of it? i think the PSP go messed up

αsiя

space coke
well there are a lot of PSP games coming out now. unfortunately i think the problem is advertisement. but i don't see any hints of PSP dying out. sure it's not the most popular system, but are they losing a lot of money because of it? i think the PSP go messed up

PSP is not dying out now, but with the release of the 3DS then the PSP will see the light of day IMO, either Sony reveals the PSP2 at TGS or they're going to be behind the handheld market, but wayyyy behind.

Allister Rose

French Lover
αsiя;5224997 said:
PSP is not dying out now, but with the release of the 3DS then the PSP will see the light of day IMO, either Sony reveals the PSP2 at TGS or they're going to be behind the handheld market, but wayyyy behind.

i'll believe it when i see it. though i already saw the new phone features. hopefully PSP2 is revealed sometime this year. i love PSP, but i can tell Sony can do beter

PowerIsNothing

this feels like a PS3-360 argument for kh3, only with BBS with PSP-3DS

the latter always uses profit and hardware, and i agree sometimes those are valid, but it usually is more than that.

Not really. The PSP is pretty much dead in the Western world, and with the release of the 3DS in Japan, the PSP sales could take a hit there as well.

With the 3DS coming out and interest that it has gathered, Nomura could see profit on the 3DS. The BBS sales in the West probably won't sell the amount Square Enix hopes for. There is a good possibility for this. It could even be released in a bundle with 3D.

We have RE:COM, RE:Coded. BBS FM for the 3DS is a strong possibility imo

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
αsiя;5224997 said:

I agree that they'll be far behind, but I think that Sony will just throw in the towel at this point. The DS ran circles around it. I think they'll put their efforts onto the PS3, now that they've finally made a profit off of it.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Not really. The PSP is pretty much dead in the Western world, and with the release of the 3DS in Japan, the PSP sales could take a hit there as well.

With the 3DS coming out and interest that it has gathered, Nomura could see profit on the 3DS. The BBS sales in the West probably won't sell the amount Square Enix hopes for. There is a good possibility for this. It could even be released in a bundle with 3D.

I think KH games sell better in the west than they do in Japan so BbS bringing in the profit is some thing I don't think they worry about. In fact when it came out in Japan, more units were sold than anticipated and stores were running out.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I agree that they'll be far behind, but I think that Sony will just throw in the towel at this point. The DS ran circles around it. I think they'll put their efforts onto the PS3, now that they've finally made a profit off of it.

i personally dont see alot of competition between the two...but i could see competition between PSP and 3ds, though 3ds will most likely win. other than that, if nintendo can pull off an advance system comapred to it's original, i'm sure the PSP can do that aswell'

We have RE:COM, RE:Coded. BBS FM for the 3DS is a strong possibility imo
not so sure about "dead". asir says it's going to die by the time 3ds releases in North america.

i know 3ds could be profitable, but other than money and hardware, is there any other important reason why it should be on it? BBS probably will sell well in NA.

PowerIsNothing

I think KH games sell better in the west than they do in Japan so BbS bringing in the profit is some thing I don't think they worry about. In fact when it came out in Japan, more units were sold than anticipated and stores were running out.

Yeah, thats because Europe and North America are huge compared to Japan. This is the PSP, which is doing terrible in the west and is piracy ridden. KH 1 and 2 were on PS2, and everyone had a PS2 back then. This game won't sell nearly as much.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
i personally dont see alot of competition between the two...but i could see competition between PSP and 3ds, though 3ds will most likely win. other than that, if nintendo can pull off an advance system compared to it's original, i'm sure the PSP can do that aswell'

There was never much of a competition because the DS always creamed the psp in sales. I predict that Sony will try their own 3D gimmick with the next handheld. At that point, it'll either set it up for a repeat of last gen, in which the new psp gets creamed by the 3DS, or people will catch on to their lack of creativity, and it'll do even worse.

Don't get me wrong. I love my PSP, but I just don't see it making a comeback as it currently stands, let alone with a new system to compete against the 3DS.

Ruran

Awards
Yeah, thats because Europe and North America are huge compared to Japan. This is the PSP, which is doing terrible in the west and is piracy ridden. KH 1 and 2 were on PS2, and everyone had a PS2 back then. This game won't sell nearly as much.

Like you said, since the west is bigger then Japan that plays a part in KH games selling more than Japan. Though because the west is so much bigger I still can't imagen BbS under selling.

Allister Rose

French Lover
There was never much of a competition because the DS always creamed the psp in sales. I predict that Sony will try their own 3D gimmick with the next handheld. At that point, it'll either set it up for a repeat of last gen, in which the new psp gets creamed by the 3DS, or people will catch on to their lack of creativity, and it'll do even worse.

Don't get me wrong. I love my PSP, but I just don't see it making a comeback as it currently stands, let alone with a new system to compete against the 3DS.
personally i haven't noticed, but you're probably right. but really what i'm trying to say is, the two were so different in style that it's hard to compare them as just two portable systems.

and i tihnk they can make a next-gen PSP, which is why we bring up PSP2. i dont hink they should quit because there are devoted fans. that and i think Korea should release more of it's games to US

WhatAHag!

Website
www.facebook.com
I'm buying BBS but I'm borrowing my friends PSP to play it because I've been saving up for the 3DS (so i could play re:coded :p) so I'd be pretty dang happy!!!
Either way, I can't wait for BBS!

PowerIsNothing

personally i haven't noticed, but you're probably right. but really what i'm trying to say is, the two were so different in style that it's hard to compare them as just two portable systems.

and i tihnk they can make a next-gen PSP, which is why we bring up PSP2. i dont hink they should quit because there are devoted fans. that and i think Korea should release more of it's games to US

The problem here is that sony seem to be in denial about the PSP. Rather than just announce a PSP2, they waste time with the PSP Go. Sony say that they want to get like 5 years or more out of the PSP. The 3DS will leave PSP in the dust in no time. Won't be much profit releasing a FM on the PSP then.

Allister Rose

French Lover
The problem here is that sony seem to be in denial about the PSP. Rather than just announce a PSP2, they waste time with the PSP Go. Sony say that they want to get like 5 years or more out of the PSP. The 3DS will leave PSP in the dust in no time. Won't be much profit releasing a FM on the PSP then.
again, i doubt the final mix will release in 3ds. also i doubt kh fans would dump there PSP just because they have 3ds. that's like dumping nintendo 64 just because i got a ps2. if they will make a final mix, it will release in japan only most likely, so even if sales aren't high in NA i'm sure they will gain some profit in japan

Ruran

Awards
again, i doubt the final mix will release in 3ds. also i doubt kh fans would dump there PSP just because they have 3ds. that's like dumping nintendo 64 just because i got a ps2. if they will make a final mix, it will release in japan only most likely, so even if sales aren't high in NA i'm sure they will gain some profit in japan

That's a good point. Since it is a Japan only game and the PSP is still popular there there's less chance they'll put the (if it were to be made) final mix on some thing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back