• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Command Style Names

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris211

I'm not sure if anyone has already posted but I was wondering what was the motivation in renaming some of the command styles? Was it to make it easier to understand what it meant to other countries? Some different style names:

Speed Rave->Fever Pitch
Magic Wish->Spell Weaver
Fire Blazer->Fire Storm
Fatal Mode->Critical Impact
Air Rider->Sky Climber
Ice Blast->Frozen Fortune(If im not mistaken)

Anyone fine with the name changes, think they're unneeded ect.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
well i made a thread about this a little while ago, although mine was what would you rename them as...

well some i dont like as much as the jap version but i will get used to it.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
RPGs always change names of moves in different localizations. I don't think there's a real reason besides them wanting to use that font do make different words xD

Chris211

I personally detest Fever Pitch and Sky Climber, I just don't like they way the sound. Oh I was just wondering like "What is the difference between Fire Blazer and Fire Storm" seems like a waste of time changing that little word, though it probably doesn't take much time to do something that insignificant.

Rexy

Bronze Member
i don't understand Fever Pitch, when he get to that command style do Ven need to take some pils cause of the fever? why fever? i would like Sonic Striker better

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
i don't understand Fever Pitch, when he get to that command style do Ven need to take some pils cause of the fever? why fever? i would like Sonic Striker better

Fever pitch is defined as a state of extreme agitation or excitement, not fever as in the illness. It goes along with Ven's speed theme.

Rexy

Bronze Member
Fever pitch is defined as a state of extreme agitation or excitement, not fever as in the illness. It goes along with Ven's speed theme.
it steel doens't suit well to me :S

VentusVictory

Awards
Riding the Battle Subway to Gamestop for Dissidia
I liked Speed Rave, but hate Fever Pitch.
I liked Magic Wish, but hate Spellweaver.
I loved Fire Blazer {I had a setup in Modern Warfare 2 named Fire Blazer:)}, and am neutral to Fire Storm.
I liked Fatal Mode, but like Critical Impact better!
I liked Air Rider, but prefer Sky Climber.
Both Ice Blast and it's NA version aren't in good taste. It should be something like "Brain Freeze!"
Strangly Dark Impulse, which I wanted to change, but it stayed the same.

The name changes were mostly unneeded. (Unneeded, that's an awkward word to spell)

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I loved Fire Blazer {I had a setup in Modern Warfare 2 named Fire Blazer:)}, and am neutral to Fire Storm.
Both Ice Blast and it's NA version aren't in good taste. It should be something like "Brain Freeze!"

The name changes were mostly unneeded. (Unneeded, that's an awkward word to spell)

I agree with you for the most part, but how do you not like Spell Weaver...too me it sounds better because I think of Sleeping Beauty when they say that. Magic Wish reminds me of Cinderella, and there is already a Cinderella D-Link.

VentusVictory

Awards
Riding the Battle Subway to Gamestop for Dissidia
I agree with you for the most part, but how do you not like Spell Weaver...too me it sounds better because I think of Sleeping Beauty when they say that. Magic Wish reminds me of Cinderella, and there is already a Cinderella D-Link.

Spellweaver is okay, but Magic Wish makes it sound hopeful and magical. Aqua's signature pose is with her hands on her heart, and it looks like she's making a wish. It just sounds more symbolic.

Thanks to Sign for the example!

Awards
I like the new command names, personally. I just don't like that some of them are one whole word: "Spellweaver", "Firestorm", etc.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Spellweaver is okay, but Magic Wish makes it sound hopeful and magical. Aqua's signature pose is with her hands on her heart, and it looks like she's making a wish. It just sounds more symbolic.

Thanks to Sign for the example!

I guess...IDK, but I like Spell Weaver better, difference of opinion...I think I like Spell Weaver better because it sounds like she is weaving an intricate system of linking spells together to create a truly unbeatable attack...

Chris211

I agree with you except for the Air Rider/Sky Climber things, it sounds like you can just keep jumping high enough to reach higher altitudes. I like Dark Impulse though

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
if Miley Cyrus voiced Aqua (i know she does not) her Blizzard mode could be called Ice Cream Freeze >:3

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
My favorite is fever pitch, sounds like someones about to go crazy

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Critical Impact and Frozen Fortune are big improvements in my opinion. Sky Climber doesn't make any damn sense though.

You go into Sky Climber style by using commands associated with wind and jumping. Makes sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back