• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Terra's Voice..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trimms

Terra brings the VA heat when he needs to.
Unlike Aqua who sounds the same with every line. Imagine how bad the sex would be if she was that monotonous and bland. Fuck that. You'd get more emotion out of a dead horse.

natu133

I actually tak eback one part. Aqua's VA was good in Blank Point so was Terra. IDK if it's the VA or the whole. "Holy Crap I love this!" feel I got from it lol

Aslong as they are good in Blank Points. Otherwise, that'd really be dissapointing

Sacred X

Freshmeat
No offense to Megumi, but yeah, that was exactly the kind of voice Japanese Aqua had.

That explains a lot. I don't mind being in the minority of users who liked Aqua's English VA a great deal.

EDIT: 1,000th post. Finally Premium.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
After playing the whole game, I thought Willa and Jason both did much better jobs than they're given credit for. Willa's Aqua tends to have "stoic but worried" as her baseline, which fits her character well enough, and Jason's Terra generally nails the most emotional scenes, especially his fury at the end and the couple of times when he sounds like he's going to cry.

Terra's a lot quieter than we all expected, of course, but I can still feel the emotions that he's supposed to be feeling 90% of the time.

natu133

After playing the whole game, I thought Willa and Jason both did much better jobs than they're given credit for. Willa's Aqua tends to have "stoic but worried" as her baseline, which fits her character well enough, and Jason's Terra generally nails the most emotional scenes, especially his fury at the end and the couple of times when he sounds like he's going to cry.

Terra's a lot quieter than we all expected, of course, but I can still feel the emotions that he's supposed to be feeling 90% of the time.

So his voicing will pick up sooner or later?

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Leonard Nimoy IS Spock. He was Spock's actor.

Yeah, yeah I know that. I just don't think actors like being constantly called as characters they have played.

Just me being picky lawl

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
I had no issues with Aqua's voice at all to be honest. Im guessing playing further into Terra's story will mean I will get used to his voice so I shall do so. If I ever get past this damn wheel master, is he this hard on Normal -_-

Go to the command board and get Ragnarok. It tears that bitch apart.
And D-Link Aqua; she has Cura, so you can heal yourself.

I actually tak eback one part. Aqua's VA was good in Blank Point so was Terra. IDK if it's the VA or the whole. "Holy Crap I love this!" feel I got from it lol

I agree with that. <3 All actors were exceptional in Blank Points.

Terra brings the VA heat when he needs to.
Unlike Aqua who sounds the same with every line. Imagine how bad the sex would be if she was that monotonous and bland. Fuck that. You'd get more emotion out of a dead horse.

He does, actually. He's usually pretty good at angry moments.
Yeah, that was my problem with her, though she did improve as the game progressed.

EDIT: 1,000th post. Finally Premium.

I'm almost there, man. ;w;

natu133

Yeah, I just got ragnorok in my first turn haha (thanks to three dice). I've used the coridoor for a training grounds and I've just finished getting both Ven's and Aqua's d-link to the 3rd Stage (if thats what you'd call it..?) and so now im just doing Maleficents Dlink then I'll go and kick its ass for the 7 retries it made me do.

I'm already starting to warm up to his voice now, It's not so bad after the tone sorta sets in

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Yeah, I just got ragnorok in my first turn haha (thanks to three dice). I've used the coridoor for a training grounds and I've just finished getting both Ven's and Aqua's d-link to the 3rd Stage (if thats what you'd call it..?) and so now im just doing Maleficents Dlink then I'll go and kick its ass for the 7 retries it made me do.

I'm already starting to warm up to his voice now, It's not so bad after the tone sorta sets in

There ya go! You just gotta give it a chance before you call it.

natu133

His scream is the best line of the game. I won't spoil it.
Theres something to look forward to then.
I'm starting to identify it's just his monolouges that don't really sound upto scratch, but after hearing all the reasoning I'm going to give the Benefit of the doubt that they do get alot better.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Is anyone else feeling that Terra's VA could've done alot better? His voice just seems to not suit him, its too light. and some of his lines are just said horribly. I admit I'm only upto Wheel Master in his story, but after playing through both Aqua's and Ven's, I'm starting to feel like his voice let's down the otherwise perfect voice acting of the game.
It's not just in cutscenes either, even when he grunts or says his battle qoutes it just doesn't sound right. It's a shame too, considering that he has some really important dialouge and [arguably] the most important role plot-wise of BBS.
well there were some times that he could've done better, but at least he did a better job than aqua's VA (yeah i said it...)

i thought he was great but inconsistent, but for me that isn't much of a problem. i like this voice better in the japanese, he didn't sound like the typical stroing guy. and him being deceived was more believable

DestinysPromise

I think his voice is fine; it's just certain parts he could have done a lot better by adding some damn emotion. Instead of sounding so monotone.

natu133

On a side note, the evil queen and maleficent- aren't they the same? They share the same Voice, from what I can identify..

R

Rooster Cogburn

On a side note, the evil queen and maleficent- aren't they the same? They share the same Voice, from what I can identify..

They sure do. Maleficent, Evil Queen, Lady Tremaine all the same person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back