• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Terra's Voice..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
I tought after the first couple cutscenes in the tutorial (first time playing), I immediatly got used to all three voices. Ven's sounded the same, which I was kinda wondering, before we knew Jesse was going to do his voice, if someone else was gonna do his voice. Aqua had the same tone as KH2 Aerith, but wasn't bad! Aqua's voice was way better than KH2 Aerith by all means, especially the last episode and the Secret Ending. Terra's voice was the same Aqua's almost, it was just...there (I guess is how I would put it). So all I can say for Terra is that was good, but it was just 'meh'.

And the first three female villains in the first three worlds are voiced by the same character, which from the original films they did seem to have that same voice. I guess the person who did Malificent in Sleeping Beauty movie did the other female villain voices in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, and Cinderella films.

Allister Rose

French Lover
eeh terra sonuds around the same as aqua if not better. aqua lacked alot while terra only lacke don certain areas

sonickenshin

Awards
I think Terra's VOICE is good. Fits the character. But, the actor is hit and miss. He can't handle the character's angst and development very well. Yeah, he's a great screamer. But, most of the time, it felt like he didn't know how to go about the lines. I think his best performance in the game in my opinion, is the secret ending. Just the right amount of determination and confidence in his voice and line reads. But, yeah, his acting was pretty abysmal.

Aqua's voice sounds sarcastic, but I felt she had more fun than Dohring did.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
Does it sound like to me that before the Final episode/secret ending that VA's for Terra and Aqua didn't give a sh!t? So when it came close to the end of the game they wanted to annoy the players and actually sound good?

Allister Rose

French Lover
Does it sound like to me that before the Final episode/secret ending that VA's for Terra and Aqua didn't give a sh!t? So when it came close to the end of the game they wanted to annoy the players and actually sound good?
look at the brightside...they're going to annoy the heck out of japanese in the final mix

sonickenshin

Awards
i can defintely agree on aqua sounding more sarcastic....but unfotunately, i don't care whether she had fun
Well, at least she had a better hold on the character than Dohring. I still think Square could have picked better people for these two. Everyone else outshines them and they stick out like a sore thumb.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
That is true, they get to hear some what ok voicing, with a hint of sh!tty in it while watching the extra new scene and what not! I feel better that they get BBSFM now that I remember they get english cutscenes also.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Well, at least she had a better hold on the character than Dohring. I still think Square could have picked better people for these two. Everyone else outshines them and they stick out like a sore thumb.
terra was ok for me because i liked more lines from him than from aqua.

Allister Rose

French Lover
The Japanese prefer our dub to there's in case you haven't noticed :/

I really like the VA cast. Not sure why people keeps bagging on it. (except Aqua... I can understand the complaints about Aqua...)
well terra wasn't perfect, but he gave a more interesting twist than waht aqua did.

so i have agree 90%

natu133

I think Terra's VOICE is good. Fits the character. But, the actor is hit and miss. He can't handle the character's angst and development very well. Yeah, he's a great screamer. But, most of the time, it felt like he didn't know how to go about the lines. I think his best performance in the game in my opinion, is the secret ending. Just the right amount of determination and confidence in his voice and line reads. But, yeah, his acting was pretty abysmal.

Aqua's voice sounds sarcastic, but I felt she had more fun than Dohring did.
Hit and Miss best described it. Personally, I favor Ventus' voice the most, I thought that Aqua's voice was perfect though :\ Of course she did do monotone a fair bit, but to me that just suited her personality.

Lonelyness21

Awards

I really like the VA cast. Not sure why people keeps bagging on it. (except Aqua... I can understand the complaints about Aqua...)

I love how the world works! Everything's so topsy-turvy! xD

We love theirs, they love ours, we hate ours, they mildly like/hate theirs

Allister Rose

French Lover
Hit and Miss best described it. Personally, I favor Ventus' voice the most, I thought that Aqua's voice was perfect though :\ Of course she did do monotone a fair bit, but to me that just suited her personality.
perfect is stretching it.....her voice isn't the problem though it usually never is in kh, it's the scting that i hate so bad....if you ever happen to compare it to the original, you can see a copletel turn on from what she was suppsoe to sound like. but like others have said the director of the VA's tend to push them the wrong way.

still why give willa holland (who has no expirience) one of the main roles with the msot talking? and why did she accept?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

This is true.

Same here. Actually, just a few days ago, I was watching some walkthrough vids on Youtube for the Japanese version, Terra's scenario. That voice + Terra = brain fart. My mind could no longer associate Okiayu's voice with him.

Yeah, the Aqua complaints I can understand. I mean, I like it, but I have to admit, it falls rather short at times. I think it was her last line in the final ending that I really hated. It just wasn't one of her best >.>

still why give willa holland (who has no expirience) one of the main roles with the msot talking? and why did she accept?

What do you mean "why did she accept?" She auditioned for it, meaning she wanted to play that role. It's not that difficult to comprehend. And out of all the VAs that tried out, the directors chose her. They didn't just choose a random actress out of a phone book and say "Hey, we want you to play this character. Do you want to do it?"

Running gag: they spent all of their money on Mark Hamill and Leonard Nimoy.
Makes me laugh xD

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I feel like a Soviet Russia joke would be appropriate for this but I can't think of one... dang it!

This is true.

Same here. Actually, just a few days ago, I was watching some walkthrough vids on Youtube for the Japanese version, Terra's scenario. That voice + Terra = brain fart. My mind could no longer associate Okiayu's voice with him.

Yeah, the Aqua complaints I can understand. I mean, I like it, but I have to admit, it falls rather short at times. I think it was her last line in the final ending that I really hated. It just wasn't one of her best >.>

Yeah I had a similar experience when I heard Japanese MX and I was just like "What the heck happened...?!"

natu133

We get extras,then they get final mix. Topsy-turvy indeed. especially considering SE said they are planning on expanding there presence on the international market

in Soviet, Russia, english voice acting is loved by You!
...nah not good enough

Lonelyness21

Awards
@natu and sky

In Soviet Russia, nothing happen cause this conversation has nothing to do with us in any way so let's just stop the mindless games and enjoy the voice acting dammit!

How's that? :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back