• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lets discuss this "inexperience"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

tenchi ryu

Surfing the boards....you see a LOT of comments about Sora being inexperienced compared to TAV.....Exactly what is he inexperienced in? He's been practicing swordsplay since a little kid to the point of sephiroth commenting his mastery of the keyblade....He's learned magic from Donald and Merlin, two HIGHLY advanced magicians. And Drive forms are just godly. At this point, being a "Keyblade master" is nothing but a mere title at this point for Sora.

tenchi ryu

TAV still outshine sora with there abilities.

I fail to see it. Sora has done equally if not more epic feats than TAV. I wish I could cut a building in half.

And Donald and merlin has been teaching Sora magic in KH1. That was the whole point of us downstairs in merlin's house and magically beating up his furniture. And Gameplay is canon if followed by cutscenes

Gram

Banned
Awards
there are a few abilties tav has that sora doesnt (keyblade glider for one) but power wise he's probably equal at the least.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i personally don't think sora equals up to TAVs level of power, but at the same time i prefer it that way. it's really dumb to make sora the ultimate character in the series.

why do you all want him to be keyblade master or go without donald and goofy? i think those two are quite helpful and managing themselves. if nomura intends for him to be anormal character, they should reallymake him more vincible like in kh1 and COM.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I fail to see it. Sora has done equally if not more epic feats than TAV. I wish I could cut a building in half
Ven's wing blade,salvation and faith alone outshines the majority of sora's abilities.

TAV abilities show what Keyblade master's are capable of.That's what i'm mostly talking about.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
1. 90% of Sora's fights were with his friends. TAV were all alone in their fights and usually were triumphant. Sora always needed his buddies to kill stuff. People say "Oh, Sora killed Xehanort's Heartless and Xemnas!" No... Sora, Donald and Goofy killed Xehanort's Heartless and Sora, Donald, Goofy, Riku and Mickey killed Xemnas :/
2. Drive forms are an example of him using the power of his friends. TAV have something better called "Style change" which is purely their own ability, unlike Sora's.
3. Sora doesn't know how to use his keyblade as a vehicle, can't use it as a canon nor a whip, Sora doesn't know how to make an entire castle transform, and if you actually look at the abilities that TAV use, they're 10 times more powerful than anything Sora has done in the past.

tenchi ryu

i personally don't think sora equals up to TAVs level of power, but at the same time i prefer it that way. it's really dumb to make sora the ultimate character in the series.

why do you all want him to be keyblade master or go without donald and goofy? i think those two are quite helpful and managing themselves. if nomura intends for him to be anormal character, they should reallymake him more vincible like in kh1 and COM.

I really don't mind if he's never considered an official master....I just disagree with people saying he is not at TAV's level cause of this "inexperience".

I mean keyblade glider is nice, but Sora's drives a freaking ship lol

Allister Rose

French Lover
TAV is polished gold while sora is stale gold. both are still gold....just one is more noticable than the other. doens't mean we always have to compare them. plus TAV were in prequels, of course they would outshine the original, that's what most prequels do

natu133

TAV have all recieved guidance from Master Eraqus. While its unknown if he is a renowned master, he has taught TAV. Sora on the other hand recieved no such training and the learning curve for him was steep. [SPOILER="Pre Emptive Response AND spoiler argument stuff]While you can argue that Sora may have just simply used the keyblade from the Ven side of his heart, Then he would be equally as strong as Ven from the get-go, which he wasnt. He didnt even know what the Keyblade was untill Leon told him. Further, TAV couldn't stop MX. Thats 1 Keyblade Master, 1 Dark Wielder, and 1 mix of everything against MX and Vanitas. They still lost. and they had armour.[/SPOILER] Sora has defeated Xehanorts Heartless, almost an entire Organization 13, has even beaten himself, managed to beat Sephiroth, Weilded 3 keyblades at once, and has even beat Xemnas who had the power of Kingdom Hearts on his side.

I'd say that Sora's true potential is yet to be seen. He can also drive Gummi Ships. and, even more pointless comparison, Sora could stand up and fight with a keyblade on a Keyblade Glider too, the fundamentals of that weird floaty-thingy that Riku pilots easily resembles a Keyblade Glider right?

TAV are showcases of how the Keyblade can be utilized I suppose. When you think about it, with Terra showing Power, Aqua showing Magic, and Ven showing...i guess the power of light and darkness together (lets go with that >.>), then it's like if Sora focused on one of those traits he could probably surpass them in there fields (yes my thers/their/they'res are never right..) yet he's balanced so you know. doubtlessly, KH3 will see some epic sora.

Last edited:

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Sora has more skill than TAV on the normal melee attacks. Example: In KH2, simply pressing X three, four times can get a combo of like 20 hits, outside of Drive Forms. TAV cannot do something like this unless in style change
But important stuff-wise, ie. Magic & Abilities, TAV can kick Sora's ass. Sora depends on his friends for all this stuff, which is his weakness, while it also his strength. Without his friends, he'd be destroyed in no time.
TAV > Sora

Allister Rose

French Lover
i honestly don't care if he doesn't know all the powers TAV does. why is that even an important factor in the kh series. TAV were trained much longer than sora nad riku ever did. PLus their dreams were to become keyblade masters.

I dont even recall sora ever having a dream, he only had promises (form what i remember). most of you are seeing it shallow. you want sora to evolve into TAV's level or to TAV's style which i think is dumb, sorry only does whats necessary, he doesn't do it for he could become keyblade masters.

if some of you guys didn't have this shallow thought of sora being lesser to TAV due to the level of power, you can see that sora isn't trying to get stronger, he's just trying to get things right.

sora is just a simple guy doing whatever he needs to do with his friend donald and goofy. and no, he doesn't care if he has help

tenchi ryu

Well, Donald apparently drove it first, so I guess Sora is more inexperienced than him in that field lol?

LOL....good point....keyblade wielder doesn't always mean Good driver :)

1. 90% of Sora's fights were with his friends. TAV were all alone in their fights and usually were triumphant. Sora always needed his buddies to kill stuff. People say "Oh, Sora killed Xehanort's Heartless and Xemnas!" No... Sora, Donald and Goofy killed Xehanort's Heartless and Sora, Donald, Goofy, Riku and Mickey killed Xemnas :/
2. Drive forms are an example of him using the power of his friends. TAV have something better called "Style change" which is purely their own ability, unlike Sora's.
3. Sora doesn't know how to use his keyblade as a vehicle, can't use it as a canon nor a whip, Sora doesn't know how to make an entire castle transform, and if you actually look at the abilities that TAV use, they're 10 times more powerful than anything Sora has done in the past.

1.Yes, I agree he was with his friends....but I feel there is a power difference between unversed and pure darkness and nobodies. Major enemies TAV went one on one against weren't as powerful as Sora's enemies accept Van and MX, which by the Terra lost, and Ven and Aqua had to double team Van.

2. In the Kh universe, the more powerful the heart, the more powerful the person. I don't think his drive forms are LITERALLY him sucking up their power, my opinion is that its his BOND with them in his heart thats makes sora transform, kinda like a going ssj kinda thing. And his forms DO appear in cutscenes which makes me believe sora didn't literally fuse with donald and goofy. The game can't have us Final Form and having teammates. Thats too much pwnage.

3. New day and Age. He's learned shortcuts around them, and quite honestly doesn't need to transform his keyblade. And sora has locked PLENTY of places....thats all Aqua really did...just to an extreme extent of some keyblade weilders back in wanting to completely alter the place instead of just locking it. And sora teleporting is pretty impressive to me, plus him learning ragnarok and other abilities as well

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Well, Sora was able to defeat Xemnas one on one, while Terra wasn't able to defeat Xehanort. Assuming Xemnas is just as strong, or stronger, take that for what it's worth.

I can't exactly say if Sora is as strong as them or not, but he certainly has grown a lot with his power. The enemies Sora has defeated are pretty much as strong as the enemies Terra, Aqua, and Ven have defeated. Ven is obviously the weakest of the trio, and Aqua's probably the strongest. I wouldn't be surprized if he at least met Ven's standards.

I suppose the main edge TAV have over Sora is the armor. I wouldn't be surprized if their armor is stronger than Yen Sid's clothes which provide more power yet little defense. Sora's mastery of the keyblade also isn't as high as TAV can also use their keyblade has vehicles.

Either way, if Sora isn't as strong, he certainly isn't far below.

skyfoxx said:

1. Sora defeated Xemnas 1v1. However he had help from his friends defeating a power up Xemnas. He also was able to defeat a dual-wielding Roxas, and Roxas was only second to Xemnas in the Organization.
2. Two things are wrong. We can't say exactly how canon those are, but assuming they are, we certainly can't say one is better than the other. If we're going to rely on gameplay alone, then TAV's forms have nothing on Sora's Final Form. Let alone he has two drives that don't require the use of friends.
3. It's true TAV have better mastery over the Keyblade than Sora; unsure if the type of keyblades they use have anything to do with it. Still, having a stronger weapon doesn't not directly link to a stronger person.

Last edited:

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Sora has defeated Xehanorts Heartless, almost an entire Organization 13, has even beaten himself, managed to beat Sephiroth, Weilded 3 keyblades at once, and has even beat Xemnas who had the power of Kingdom Hearts on his side.

I'd say that Sora's true potential is yet to be seen. He can also drive Gummi Ships. and, even more pointless comparison, Sora could stand up and fight with a keyblade on a Keyblade Glider too, the fundamentals of that weird floaty-thingy that Riku pilots easily resembles a Keyblade Glider right?

1. Sora never defeated Xehanort's Heartless alone. He was with Donald and Goofy.
2. He NEVER defeated Organization XIII alone. Heck, remember when Larxene was about to kill Sora? Were it not for Donald and Goofy, he'd be dead. Everytime he defeated an organization member, it was with friends (aside from the Roxas fight but that fight was stupid anyway)
3. Sephiroth isn't really canon. Even if he was, he never really "defeated" Sephiroth since we see that Sephiroth is perfectly fine after the battle.
4. Correction: He wielded 2 keblades at once. Where does the 2nd keyblade come from? Ventus. Yet another example of how Sora constantly relies on his friends rather than himself.
5. Correction again: Sora, Donald, Goofy, Riku, and Mickey defeated Xemnas. Sora hadn't fought him alone in the final battle.
6. Keyblade glider? All he does is stand there on the platform waiting to swing his keyblade. Riku was the one piloting.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Well, Sora was able to defeat Xemnas one on one,

Wasn't he just testing him at that time?

while Terra wasn't able to defeat Xehanort. Assuming Xemnas is just as strong, or stronger, take that for what it's worth.

-looks at PSP after defeating Xehanort with Terra and Terranort with LS- -__-

I can't exactly say if Sora is as strong as them or not, but he certainly has grown a lot with his power. The enemies Sora has defeated are pretty much as strong as the enemies Terra, Aqua, and Ven have defeated. Ven is obviously the weakest of the trio, and Aqua's probably the strongest. I wouldn't be surprized if he at least met Ven's standards.

This I can kind of agree with, to an extent anyways. Granted, there's still a lot of things Ven knows that Sora doesn't, since the commands in BBS were designed with the prospect of showing just how different the strength and abilities of a wielder who's received proper training are compared to one who hasn't.

Either way, if Sora isn't as strong, he certainly isn't far below.

Depends on who he's "far below." Ven? Probably not. Terra and Aqua? Yes.

1. Sora defeated Xemnas 1v1. However he had help from his friends defeating a power up Xemnas. He also was able to defeat a dual-wielding Roxas, and Roxas was only second to Xemnas in the Organization.

Yeah, so I haven't played KH2 in a while, but I was always under the assumption that was just a test, Xemnas just toying around with him. As for the Roxas bit, technically he is half of Sora, and holds half of Sora's power. So it was two halves of one person fighting against each other.

2. Two things are wrong. We can't say exactly how canon those are, but assuming they are, we certainly can't say one is better than the other. If we're going to rely on gameplay alone, then TAV's forms have nothing on Sora's Final Form. Let alone he has two drives that don't require the use of friends.

Again, BBS' abilities and commands were created in order to show the difference between someone who's received proper training and someone who hasn't. Though, considering the difference between command styles and drive forms, it's difficult to say. The one thing that I find questionable is that Sora needs those magic fairy clothes to use them. What would happen if, for some reason, he wasn't wearing them?

3. It's true TAV have better mastery over the Keyblade than Sora; unsure if the type of keyblades they use have anything to do with it. Still, having a stronger weapon doesn't not directly link to a stronger person.

If anything, the argument you've made regarding that subject would be more likely to work in TAV's favor as opposed to Sora's, considering the χ-blade.

Last edited:

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
1.Yes, I agree he was with his friends....but I feel there is a power difference between unversed and pure darkness and nobodies. Major enemies TAV went one on one against weren't as powerful as Sora's enemies accept Van and MX, which by the Terra lost, and Ven and Aqua had to double team Van.

2. In the Kh universe, the more powerful the heart, the more powerful the person. I don't think his drive forms are LITERALLY him sucking up their power, my opinion is that its his BOND with them in his heart thats makes sora transform, kinda like a going ssj kinda thing. And his forms DO appear in cutscenes which makes me believe sora didn't literally fuse with donald and goofy. The game can't have us Final Form and having teammates. Thats too much pwnage.

3. New day and Age. He's learned shortcuts around them, and quite honestly doesn't need to transform his keyblade. And sora has locked PLENTY of places....thats all Aqua really did...just to an extreme extent of some keyblade weilders back in wanting to completely alter the place instead of just locking it. And sora teleporting is pretty impressive to me, plus him learning ragnarok and other abilities as well

1. You can't say that for sure because it has never been said. You're basing your argument on an assumption and not a very good one. To be honest, gameplay-wise, the Unversed are stronger than Heartless and Nobodies anyway :/
There's also Braig who IS as strong as his nobody. There is Xehanort who is MUCH STRONGER than Xehanort's Heartless because he has a keyblade, the guardian and many more dark powers than the guy in KH1. As for Terra VS Xehanort. Terra did beat Xehanort... it's just that Xehanort committed suicide and possessed him. But to be honest, Terra DID beat Xehanort. And even after Xehanort possessed him, his armor still won. Same thing with Aqua and Ventus. They won all their battles, it's just that they still had to suffer the consequence no matter what.
2. Okay... but my point is still valid. Why? Because without Ventus, he can't dual wield. So even if "Oh, he's not using Donald and Goofy's powers despite the fact that's what the game says" Ventus is still the only reason Sora can dual wield. So again, Sora relied on his allies. And what else? Sora can only drive form from the magical clothes the fairies gave him. No magic clothes = no drive forms. Another example of "friendship"
3. Sora never teleported, what are you talking about? TAV teleported, but never Sora. AND TAV had Ragnorak as well as all the abilities Sora had plus more.

tenchi ryu

The point I'm trying to make is the way TAV were trained might be DIFFERENT than sora's way....but that doesn't necessarily make them BETTER.....In the end, if sora can beat his enemy with what he's learned on his own, thats all that matters....plus, Eraqus had many flaws as far as being darkness racist....so some might feel what he considers mastery might be flawed. Sora and riku know things TAV don't. Sora himself uses his darkness in battle. When he's anti-form, I've never read anything about him losing his rationality....and he does seem to know the difference between friend and foe even in this state, so its safe to assume he is still himself in this form...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back