• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ienzo's aging

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
not really, this was mainly based on your assumption
No, what is really happening is you trying to find a flaw where there really is none. Someone just has to consider the situation to understand how Leon only thought Maleficent had taken over, he even acknowledges this at the end of the game.

Allister Rose

French Lover
No, what is really happening is you trying to find a flaw where there really is none. Someone just has to consider the situation to understand how Leon only thought Maleficent had taken over, he even acknowledges this at the end of the game.
didn't you say he acknowledged that ansem was the one who brought the heartless? that still doesn't contradict his previous thinking.

i still think melificent taken over 9 years ago, but not just because of leon. i'm sure there was anotherm ention of it for a more credible source

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
didn't you say he acknowledged that ansem was the one who brought the heartless? that still doesn't contradict his previous thinking.

i still think melificent taken over 9 years ago, but not just because of leon. i'm sure there was anotherm ention of it for a more credible source
Maleficent taking over nine years before KH1 doesn't line up with anything--at all.

Allister Rose

French Lover
couldn't find it....unless it's the same one we're talking about, which really wasn't much of a point.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
couldn't find it....unless it's the same one we're talking about, which really wasn't much of a point.
Leon associated the Heartless Invasion with Maleficent taking over, yes?
That happened Nine Years Ago. It was said that, during the invasion, Ansem disappeared, so they assumed he was done in by whatever started the invasion. Now, knowing that Maleficent NOW resides in HB, and commands the Heartless, Leon put two and two together, so to speak, and blamed her.

Then, at the end of the game when it is revealed that "Ansem" was really the one behind it, as he was behind the Heartless, Leon reassessed it. He says that, originally, he thought that Ansem had died protecting his people, but, in reality Ansem was the one "who brought them there" (The Heartless). Therefore, if he now realizes that "Ansem" was behind the Heartless Invasion, then that means that Maleficent -didn't- take over then. Basically, by the end of the game, everyone realizes that the Heartless was really "Ansem"'s doing, and not Maleficent.

Now combine that knowledge with the following facts:
-Xemnas was the one who banished Ansem.
-Xemnas made the Chamber of Repose after banishing Ansem and was said to visit there frequently
-Xemnas reinstated the MCP in Space Paranoids.

It becomes clear that Maleficent didn't take over nine years ago.

Plot Hole adverted. La-di-da.

the bold in particular show off quite well why "Maleficent took over nine years ago" doesnt add up.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That happened Nine Years Ago. It was said that, during the invasion, Ansem disappeared, so they assumed he was done in by whatever started the invasion. Now, knowing that Maleficent NOW resides in HB, and commands the Heartless, Leon put two and two together, so to speak, and blamed her.

Then, at the end of the game when it is revealed that "Ansem" was really the one behind it, as he was behind the Heartless, Leon reassessed it. He says that, originally, he thought that Ansem had died protecting his people, but, in reality Ansem was the one "who brought them there" (The Heartless). Therefore, if he now realizes that "Ansem" was behind the Heartless Invasion, then that means that Maleficent -didn't- take over then. Basically, by the end of the game, everyone realizes that the Heartless was really "Ansem"'s doing, and not Maleficent.

-Xemnas made the Chamber of Repose after banishing Ansem and was said to visit there frequently

the bold in particular show off quite well why "Maleficent took over nine years ago" doesnt add up.

I remember having a long, long argument with you over why my idea for a Lea/Isa fanfiction set after Leon and the rest left HB yet before the apprentices became Nobodies in some kind of dragged out apocalypse setting would not work. :/

NOW YOU'RE SAYING IT WILL WORK

AHFSkK

Relix

A traveler
Awards

That actually makes a lot of sense. I believe this.

Avens

Grass makes some good points—I mean, I keep waiting for SE to build on his character, but I don’t see anything forthcoming… It’s even hinted in the official novels that he’s got a project we haven’t heard about yet.

That said, I don’t think that Ienzo had any evil intentions, or like, he killed his parents or anything. We’ve got six people here who gave up their hearts “precisely to avoid the shackles of emotion.” If they were already corrupted, then who cares about that? And to become Nobodies, all six had to have strong hearts. More likely, I think they had seen what the darkness in a heart was capable of, then equating hearts and emotions, decided it was better off not to have any. And Zexion reminisces that he doesn’t think their “choice to research the Heartless and their creation process, was a mistake…” but at the same time “The uplifting feelings from the time I had a ‘heart’, engraved in my memories, cannot be felt any more. Now I can only remember, and work hard to try and taste it once again.” He misses being happy.

And somewhat more on topic, if his age is an illusion, why didn’t it fall away when Riku stabbed him, or when the Replica strangled him? How much energy are you giving him credit for?!

Allister Rose

French Lover

not exactly, you only proven that melificent wasn't behind it, but that doesn't prove she didn't take over. the bold part only implies it, but it's not that big of an implication. in kh2 we see another castle that melificent had.

Last edited:

Avens

Well, I wouldn't even say that. There's also an assumption that there wasn't much of a gap between Ansem's expulsion and the fall of RG. I've even wondered if that's part of the reason Xehanort's incarnations took on the name Ansem, because they needed a stand in.

Avens

Oh, I was adding on to what you said. ^^ No, I personally think Maleficent was there when RG fell. I get the feeling from listening to the basement group in CoM that they're familiar with her.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
not exactly, you only proven that melificent wasn't behind it, but that doesn't prove she didn't take over. the bold part only implies it, but it's not that big of an implication. in kh2 we see another castle that melificent had.
You do realize that the only source of "Maleficent Taking Over" was said through Leon right? And if Leon himself basically admits to being wrong in the end of the game, and then we're given lots of information to see why he was wrong, that it basically means that Maleficent didn't take over.
It's quite simple. You're forgetting that the only "proof" you do have that Maleficent took Over is Leon's say-so, which, I just disproved.

Face it, Maleficent didn't take over nine years ago.

Avens

So Leon recognizes her castle because...?
Also, Cid agrees with him, and Cid was an adult at the time. Hopefully he knew what he was talking about.

Oh, and Leon takes this back when?

Allister Rose

French Lover
You do realize that the only source of "Maleficent Taking Over" was said through Leon right? And if Leon himself basically admits to being wrong in the end of the game, and then we're given lots of information to see why he was wrong, that it basically means that Maleficent didn't take over.
It's quite simple. You're forgetting that the only "proof" you do have that Maleficent took Over is Leon's say-so, which, I just disproved.
Face it, Maleficent didn't take over nine years ago.
but you're proof is merely one-sided. you're basically saying it has to be this way, and not the other.

both can some-what be right. and you're proof is merely that xemnas still reigned over hallow bastion, but that's it.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards

You seem to forget how Xemnas and the organization works. They're under covert status, so even though they took control of the lower sections of the castle and town, it doesn't mean Maleficent couldn't rein control of the inner parts of the castle and the rest of the land. Also, for the most part her motives were different from that of the Org, meaning, interactions between the two factions would have more then likely not have happened at all. If you really think about it, they were just waiting for their prime time to strike IE the events that took place during the heartless invasion of the worlds, Sora's ventures and various conquests along the way.

Avens

And isn't even proof. Xemnas and Maleficent aren't mutually exclusive. =.=
Edit--Ah, Iridium got to it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back