• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Vanitas Remnant: Your Strategy?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBucket

Mount Vernon, Indiana, United States, North Americ
Website
www.youtube.com
For those who have defeated the Vanitas Remnant (WHICH I LITERALLY JUST DID!!!! SUCK IT YOU CHEATING SUPERBOSS!!!), what was the strategy/Command Deck you used?

before I explain my strategy, let me tell you my Command Deck:
*Strike Raid
*Strike Raid
*Mine Square lv4 [Not used. If you can, replace with Strike Raid]
*Mine Square lv4 [Not used. If you can, replace with Strike Raid]
*Mega-Potion
*Mega-Potion
*Mega-Potion
*Mega-Potion

NOTE: ONE OF THE BIG KEYS TO WINNING THIS FIGHT IS TO ALWAYS HAVE HIM LOCKED-ON.

I figured out something by myself while playing: the Remnant's running AI is somewhat...retarded. Basically, at first, just keep dodging his attacks until he starts to chase you (or even before), and quickly run behind one of the BIG rock pillars. He will continue to chase you, and by "chase you" I mean continually run into the face of the rock, not knowing what to do.

Once you get him stuck, then just spam your Strike Raid. He'll get hit, and can't do a thing about it. The other huge plus about this situation is that most of his moves with just simply hit the rock, and miss you.

There are a few things to watch out for, however:

* He won't get stuck just in one spot. You'll have to keep moving around, but just make sure he's always on the opposite side of the rock as you. He can run pretty fast, so don't let him catch up. If he sees you, he'll start his major attacks again.

*His "Dark Bite" ability (where he draws two black lines in the air, and they create spikes of darkness that then bite down on you.) He won't do this if he's stuck against the wall, but if he catches a glimpse of you, watch out.

* If he manages to pull off his "Remnant Silhouette" ability (where he goes into a Dark Sheild, then sends out his Shadow Silhouettes), using the rock as a shield MIGHT not always work. Most of the time, the Silhouettes with just ram into the rock face, but don't count on it. Keep your camera moving.

Basically this strategy boils down to dodging, getting him in the right position, and smashing him with your Strike Raids.

Awards
I just cartwheeled/dodgerolled around and used Mine Square whenever I had the chance. As Terra i had to hid behind the rock the whole time. But, good luck with MF. I just beat him with Aqua, and it took me about a week nonstop.

And it's not a good idea to have him locked on when he goes inside his shield and sends out his shadows. Because when you lock on and cartwheel/dodgeroll, you go around into a circle, and you could end up running into one of his shadows and it'll delay you. So don't lock on to him at that point, and just cartwheel/dodgeroll around the entire field, then immediately lock on to him when he's finished.

Awards
Seeker Mines
Potionx3

I cartwheeled around the whole time and placed my mines down whenever i had an opening. While it may sound easy, its execution isnt.

Yatsuke

Simple question and a simple answer, as Ven dodge until you get behind the rock, use the trick mentioned above and hit him with tornado (Mastered preferably), run off, dodge, rinse and repeat :)

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
I Superglide to a nearby rock.

Vanitas just keeps charging at me, even though I'm behind a rock.

So I happily keep him locked-on and keep Strike Raid-ing him.

(Deck Command: Strike Raid x6, Mega-Potion x2)

Relix

A traveler
Awards
For Ven I spammed Tornado and Mine Shied while being behind a rock. He runs around get launched into the air (not always, if not then he will counter and most likely get hit again and then go up into the air) and use another tornado

For Terra...the Dwayne Johnson Method.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I Superglide to a nearby rock.

Vanitas just keeps charging at me, even though I'm behind a rock.

So I happily keep him locked-on and keep Strike Raid-ing him.

(Deck Command: Strike Raid x6, Mega-Potion x2)

That's exactly what I did except my command deck was all Strike Raids with no healing items whatsoever.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
You guys are pussies.

I fought VS like a man with Terra. Mines, melee, ars arcanum, and demolition.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Nah, if you fought him like a man you would've just spammed attack by using no skills at all whatsoever and not even bother to dodge his attacks.

If I had that type of time lol

But real talk, that behind the rock technique is for softies and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
If I had that type of time lol

But real talk, that behind the rock technique is for softies and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

No, the beta testers for the game should be ashamed for not reporting that glitch. And hey, I already beat him the fair way in the Japanese version so I only did that "behind-the-rock" trick just because I wanted to see how his keyblade is.

Gram

Banned
Awards
i beat him the "right" way with ven using a tornado, block and counter and thunder rolls.

with terra and aqua i used the rock.

No, the beta testers for the game should be ashamed for not reporting that glitch.
this^

Relix

A traveler
Awards
there is no honor in video games only cheats and pwn'age.

this

And TheLight, you're probably the dude who first tried the Dwayne Johnson method...or...you still have yet to beat him watsoever. See? I can be an ass too :) hooray for blazing people on the internet!!

Gram

Banned
Awards
this

And TheLight, you're probably the dude who first tried the Dwayne Johnson method...or...you still have yet to beat him watsoever. See? I can be an ass too :) hooray for blazing people on the internet!!
hooray indeed! *applauds* :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back