• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

underpopulated worlds

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
Well, I guess no one likes my idea. Kay, will be going back to my corner whilst you lot talk about Nomura's next belt design and new sora clone.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Honestly, I have an idea of that in which he could be missing out on. He could have the NPCs in danger when the heartless appears. Defeat the heartless and having few civilians losing their hearts to the heartless and we could have the NPCs THANKING them with gifts and maybe heart points to buy some extras or upgrade their abilities through some new upgrade system.

Would bring in more civilians and have a interesting mechanic to work with.
Sounds like it could become a bit repetitive if it were to go down in most of the worlds.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Could be like mini games or something, or side quests which I hope to god will be in KH3. That sounds like something for KH3 tho.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
Sounds like it could become a bit repetitive if it were to go down in most of the worlds.

True, but I would rather have it scripted instead of a common occurrence and it will only happen in say, one - two areas of a world, with different causes. I dunno, let's say if Disney still had the Tarzan license and brought the world back. There could be an incident where the tree house could be falling apart with balancing issues, with the apes on it. You could try to defeat the heartless... without any apes harmed or fallen off. Or if you fall off, then the apes lose their hearts.

I believe different incidents with different circumstances and methods, but two outcomes. You either save what's left of them and they reward you... orr they lose their hearts and there's nothing you can do but move on.

CreativeGenius13

Well, That would really shape the story a bit. I mean, Aqua was probably get depressed if soemthing like that happened.

O Lawd

As far as birth by sleep goes, the worlds did seem vastly underpopulated. But i never felt that from the previous games, I guess since I just figured everyone was hiding in their homes, what with all the heartless and crazy shit going on.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
As far as birth by sleep goes, the worlds did seem vastly underpopulated. But i never felt that from the previous games, I guess since I just figured everyone was hiding in their homes, what with all the heartless and crazy shit going on.
...and they wouldnt hide with the Unversed going on?

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
...and they wouldnt hide with the Unversed going on?

Of course anyone would, but not a whole damn town on lock down. I don't buy that. Scrooge was walking around like nothing was poppin' same for Merlin. It was explained in KH1, in BBS they put you in an intire city, that seems to only have a population of 3.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
αsiя;5294963 said:
Didn't Twilight Town or KH2 in general have more NPC's than Traverse Town/KH1?

That is true. I think that if it's an "original world" they would bother putting in some NPCs, but if it's a Disney world they don't bother.

It doesn't really matter to me anyway... the worlds were never really "populated" in any of the other Kingdom Hearts with the exception being the "original" worlds. Besides, if I had to choose between adding an epic boss fight or add random NPCs, I'd choose the boss fight.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
αsiя;5294963 said:
Didn't Twilight Town or KH2 in general have more NPC's than Traverse Town/KH1?

I didn't say traverse town had more NPC's than a certain game, I said it had enough,the way the world looked and felt is what made it feel populated. That's all I said.

Last edited:

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Its less of the actual NPCs and more that they friggen refer to the invisible "spectators" and "guests". If you aren't going to use time to add in background characters, then don't refer to them.

neoshadow_666

Honestly, I have an idea of that in which he could be missing out on. He could have the NPCs in danger when the heartless appears. Defeat the heartless and having few civilians losing their hearts to the heartless and we could have the NPCs THANKING them with gifts and maybe heart points to buy some extras or upgrade their abilities through some new upgrade system.

Would bring in more civilians and have a interesting mechanic to work with.

I think this is an amazing idea, it would tie in with the series amazingly, seeing as how everyone always ends up jupming in and saving someone anyways. It just seems like something that would go well with the game.

Radon

mofo
I think for worlds like RG its mostly because of the unversed. You can't have NPCs in the same area as them. However they seem to have a 'safe' area in these worlds (eg. Traverse Towns First Districe) but RG only had one of these and it had Scrooge and some Moogles. I really don't see how they couldn't have had Kairi playing in the gardens or Dilan and Aeleus guarding the castle. They had enough character appearances in that world to populate it a bit more.

And the OC ghost cheers? ALIENS

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
If I recall correctly there aren't really any unique NPCs in RG. They're mostly Final Fantasy characters right? Uncle Scrooge, Kairi's Grandmother, and Merlin. . . who are there. Nomura said he didn't want to put in the former Final Fantasy characters and complicate things. (Something along those lines) So really you aren't left with much options.

Radon

mofo
If I recall correctly there aren't really any unique NPCs in RG. They're mostly Final Fantasy characters right? Uncle Scrooge, Kairi's Grandmother, and Merlin. . . who are there. Nomura said he didn't want to put in the former Final Fantasy characters and complicate things. (Something along those lines) So really you aren't left with much options.

No I don't mean to include in the game itself. I mean just have around the place. NPC's that could have been around but aren't: Kairi, her grandma, Dilan, Aeleus, Even, Ienzo, Ansem, Lea, Isa. They could have fitted in perfectly. It's not like they'd have to do much, just make up some line of dialogue.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Ah I see what you mean. In that case I think the reasoning behind that is that Aqua, Terra, and Ven are all there at the same time. It would really complicate things if say Terra could talk to Kairi, or Aqua could talk to Lea or Isa. I mean, maybe not, but I know it would be something that would be questioned, and something that probably couldn't be answered in a later game.

[edit] a better example would be if Terra interacted with any Organization member besides Braig. Then people would make some shit theories about why they didn't recognize him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back