• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Re: Coded important to the storyline?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Plenty was revealed.
like the correlation between data and hearts, something touched up on KH2, is explained better.

we learn about torments and what they mean for all of the various characters, what they are in torment about. We learn how Riku made it off of Destiny Islands when RG wasn't an in-between world. We learn how far back the connection between XH and Riku started, where Pluto went off to, etc.
but these detials are compeltely triviall. especially RG one. RG was never confirmed to be that, so any confirmation on that was more of those who assumed it.

The story of BBS is brought to the present, thus making it relevant moving forward. Certain character get reprisals. We learn what is in the letter.
BBS secret ending pretty much cleared that up so no worries on that.

We see more character interaction and development between Sora and Riku, while also highlighting such characters as Kairi, Nami, and Roxas.
but it's development about the past, basically it only revealed something that was in the past.it's to the same level as the disney worlds in COM. it's not really something that will affect much understanding. sure it's good insight to know, but not really a necessity considering characters are changing.

With Re:Coded we get the secret ending pointing toward KH3D which has "a very important conversation" in it.
depends, this is the first i heard of it, and people can move on without secret endings. though i only consider BBS a true "secret ending" because nomura described it as the real ending, as for the rest they were officially known as "secret movie". still, not much of a necessity.

We learn what each character is in torment about and -why- it matters. It gives the players an emotional connection to "being in torment" and makes us want to save them.
the meaning of tormen don't see it too important, but like i've said, this information doesn't seem exclusive to re:coded. that and the last part was really much your personal reason of why it should be a game.

Sure you can say BBS showed which character needed to be saved and it did, but it didnt give any hint whatsoever about what they were in torment over. Or how they would even begin to move forward with that. Coded does a lot more than people give it credit for.
i don't know what you mean "how they would even begin to move forward with that". BBS secret ending did more than just show which ones are in torment. it gave us more information that was left vague on coded. for example Ansem the Wise's data hidden in sora which gives a big hint.

like i've said nothing (story-wise) seems to be exclusive to re:coded. it's basically like COM, it introduced new elements, but it doesn't look like they are going to be kept only to re:coded like for it was with COM.

in COM introduced new enemies new characters that were important in kh2 and gave riku a sotry that also affects kh2. but as we all know kh is sora's story, so when kh2 starts off with sora, he lost all his memory of COM's events including had no knowledge of riku's. So thats why COM

but Re:Coded doesn't have that luxury that COM had. there is no memory wipe, and ended with sora reading the letter which was pretty much already covered in BBS where Sora pretty much said the same thing the letter said. (but in the englsih version sounded slightly more vague..

Basically it gives some insight, but if we skipped re:coded, none of those new elements introduced will be kept to only to re:coded. that's why i say it's disposable.

IMO i see it as a mix of COM and days in the necessity aspect.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
but these detials are compeltely triviall. especially RG one. RG was never confirmed to be that, so any confirmation on that was more of those who assumed it.
If they were trivial then they wouldn't have bothered to reveal them. They were mysteries I've had since KH1, so, to me, it was definitely something more than trivial.

BBS secret ending pretty much cleared that up so no worries on that.
Only through the story of coded is it possible though. BBS secret ending might have let the FANS know it, but Coded makes it clear for the CHARACTERS which is what makes it important to the story.

but it's development about the past
Yeah, kind of like BBS.
And no, it is actually nothing like that. Coded deals much with the present. Riku and Kairi having torments is something that is specifically about the present, not the past for example. I don't think you know what you're talking about.

depends, this is the first i heard of it
Well, Nomura said it himself, pay attention to the news a bit more.

the meaning of tormen don't see it too important
Then you're kind of foolish, as their torments and being saved from them is what the next titles is going to be about. It's very important.

i don't know what you mean "how they would even begin to move forward with that".
Play Re:Coded then and actually pay attention to more than just the "reveals" or the "twists" and you'll figure it out.

BBS secret ending did more than just show which ones are in torment.
No, it really didn't.

it gave us more information that was left vague on coded. for example Ansem the Wise's data hidden in sora which gives a big hint.
Um, Coded says the exact same thing. BBS didn't give more information, it gave the same information.

like i've said nothing (story-wise) seems to be exclusive to re:coded.
That's how you know it's important. If it was "exclusive" to Re:Coded then that means it doesnt have that great of an effect to the story as a whole. For example, Xion. She is something that is largely (so far anyway) exclusive to 358/2 Days. That doesn't make her more important, if anything, it diminishes her importance.

Allister Rose

French Lover
If they were trivial then they wouldn't have bothered to reveal them. They were mysteries I've had since KH1, so, to me, it was definitely something more than trivial.
that's to you though. plus those mysteries seem like the type to be left unanswered and still wont affect the story too much. and i think even kh2 vaguely answered some of them. such as pluto.

Only through the story of coded is it possible though. BBS secret ending might have let the FANS know it, but Coded makes it clear for the CHARACTERS which is what makes it important to the story.
but i'm not arguing whether the events of coded should exist or not, only saying that it's more of a type to be explained rather than to play it all.

Yeah, kind of like BBS.
BBS is very different. BBS has some aspects sora won't know that still greatly affect his story. that's why their was a riku scenario in COM instead of flashbacks in KH2 (though flashbacks could've helped too)

And no, it is actually nothing like that. Coded deals much with the present. Riku and Kairi having torments is something that is specifically about the present, not the past for example. I don't think you know what you're talking about.
i'm pretty sure that was the past considering their torment was losing their hearts which isn't the case anymore.

Then you're kind of foolish, as their torments and being saved from them is what the next titles is going to be about. It's very important.
meaning of torment and torment itself is different. i'm talking about what it means. coded gave examples to torments but not a concrete definition for it in the kh series. i dont see it too important. and from the way coded ended, theres still alot of room to give an even more clear definition of torment in the next title.

Play Re:Coded then and actually pay attention to more than just the "reveals" or the "twists" and you'll figure it out.
i can't, it's not released yet though i am sure i will play it when it does, but that's not the point. i know it's not all about "reveals" and "twists", but those are the major aspects to make it more of a story than an actual event in time.

Um, Coded says the exact same thing. BBS didn't give more information, it gave the same information.
but it didn't say by whom it was from. coded was slightly more vague in the ending.

That's how you know it's important. If it was "exclusive" to Re:Coded then that means it doesnt have that great of an effect to the story as a whole. For example, Xion. She is something that is largely (so far anyway) exclusive to 358/2 Days. That doesn't make her more important, if anything, it diminishes her importance.
Xion is only one aspect that should be left unanswered. plus considering Xion never met sora, i'm sure the next title will give insight on her for sora to give him enough motive to mend her form her hurting

i'm not saying it isn't important, just not saying it's vital to have. plus you took "exclusivity" in a different way as i was trying to explain. re:coded doesn't have any information that won't be re-explained in kh that makes it vital to have. still its an important event in time for the kh series, and it looks really fun.

what i'm saying is that it's disposable. but doesn't mean it should be disposed of. the only way i can explain it is like this.
for example, if you go to a theatres that gives you a cup that if you want refills it cost less than the initial fill. So you keep the cup (even though it's disposable) so that next time you go to the theatres and pay for refill price with the cup that you kept instead of paying for the initial price.
it's not exactly the same situation, but it's to show that i think both re:coded is both disposable and important.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
that's to you though. plus those mysteries seem like the type to be left unanswered and still wont affect the story too much. and i think even kh2 vaguely answered some of them. such as pluto.
Except they were mysteries that WERE answered, IN CODED. Meaning that Nomura considered them mysteries worth answering.

but i'm not arguing whether the events of coded should exist or not, only saying that it's more of a type to be explained rather than to play it all.
Well stop because that's not even what I was talking about.

i'm pretty sure that was the past considering their torment was losing their hearts which isn't the case anymore.
Just because something happened in the past doesn't mean they can't still be in torment over it. That was the whole point.

i dont see it too important.
Well, lucky for us, what you deem important has no baring on what is actually important in KH. And in KH, torment is important.

but it didn't say by whom it was from.
Yes, it did.

Xion is only one aspect that should be left unanswered. plus considering Xion never met sora, i'm sure the next title will give insight on her for sora to give him enough motive to mend her form her hurting
missing the point yet again.

re:coded doesn't have any information that won't be re-explained in kh that makes it vital to have.
You seriously don't know that.

what i'm saying is that it's disposable. but doesn't mean it should be disposed of. the only way i can explain it is like this.
You do realize this was not the argument we were having. Stop making it about what you consider "disposable".

djares181

heartseams is a tool. she thinks that a game that has hours of repetitive gameplay, no new worlds, no new characters, and no new plot revelations besides 'loltorment' is relevant to the series. Lol dude, what character interactions are you talking about? Data sora? come on. Nobody cares about that. And you dare compare the relevance of bbs to the relevance of coded. Lol im startin to think that youre just arguing for the sake of arguing. You cant be serious.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Except they were mysteries that WERE answered, IN CODED. Meaning that Nomura considered them mysteries worth answering.
doesn't mean we have to consider them that important just because nomura wanted to answer them. rememer kh was originally thought to be a one-shot. like i said before it's more of a + than a necessity.

Well stop because that's not even what I was talking about.
but it boils down to it in your post.
your point on that topic was it makes it clear for the character, which it does but not a big enough reason to make a game out of it. only big enough to mention it a certain point in time.

Just because something happened in the past doesn't mean they can't still be in torment over it. That was the whole point.
but the example you gave wasn't the case. that was more of an example for the ones that weren't exactly answered in re:coded.

Well, lucky for us, what you deem important has no baring on what is actually important in KH. And in KH, torment is important.
try quoting the rest before commenting. i said the meaning of torment, not torment itself. like i said the definition as it stands in re:coded is far too vague and only gave examples. kh3d probably will give a more clear definition.

Yes, it did.
care to point it out?

missing the point yet again.
i wasn't trying to stay on point on that comment.

You seriously don't know that.
think about it, if the next kh going to be from both sora and/or riku's perspective who aren't aware of the events of re:coded. don't you think for story's and sora's sake they would explain it? especially how it greatly affects sora himself, he would have to have at least have knowledge that re:coded happened in the series.

unlike COM, where in kh2 he starts a new adventure and completely oblivious of the previous one.

djares181

doesn't mean we have to consider them that important just because nomura wanted to answer them. rememer kh was originally thought to be a one-shot. like i said before it's more of a + than a necessity.

your point on that topic was it makes it clear for the character, which it does but not a big enough reason to make a game out of it. only big enough to mention it a certain point in time.

but the example you gave wasn't the case. that was more of an example for the ones that weren't exactly answered in re:coded.

try quoting the rest before commenting. i said the meaning of torment, not torment itself. like i said the definition as it stands in re:coded is far too vague and only gave examples. kh3d probably will give a more clear definition.

care to point it out?

think about it, if the next kh going to be from both sora and/or riku's perspective who aren't aware of the events of re:coded. don't you think for story's and sora's sake they would explain it? especially how it greatly affects sora himself, he would have to have at least have knowledge that re:coded happened in the series.

unlike COM, where in kh2 he starts a new adventure and completely oblivious of the previous one.

Give it up bro. Its not even worth it. But answer this for me: did everything that was of relevance in coded come to the light in the other titles? The torment? The contents of the letter(which we never saw)?

Allister Rose

French Lover
heartseams is a tool. she thinks that a game that has hours of repetitive gameplay, no new worlds, no new characters, and no new plot revelations besides 'loltorment' is relevant to the series. Lol dude, what character interactions are you talking about? Data sora? come on. Nobody cares about that. And you dare compare the relevance of bbs to the relevance of coded. Lol im startin to think that youre just arguing for the sake of arguing. You cant be serious.
ouch, lets not insult. still, she simply believes that everything is important and should all be treated equally. which most fans don't agree.

Give it up bro. Its not even worth it. But answer this for me: did everything that was of relevance in coded come to the light in the other titles? The torment? The contents of the letter(which we never saw)?
will do. as for your question re:coded merely answered some things we didn't care about along with barely introducing stuff that will touch on other titles., the contents of the letter is answered. but with BBS i dont think we even need to worry too much what the letter says.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I don't see what KH originally being expected to only last one titles has to do with much. If it's something worth answering then that means it isn't trivial, no matter how much you think so. If it was trivial, he wouldnt bother answering it, that simple.

No, it doesn't. I was making comments on what I believed was revealed in the game, and then you started making comments about how it isn't a necessity and that its disposable. Which was not what i was arguing, i was just arguing what it revealed, and what the pros of it were. I was making no comment on its "exclusiveity" or any of the other crap you pull forth to try and lower its worth.

try quoting the rest before commenting.
I only quote the parts I respond to.

care to point it out?
Nami says in Coded that it came from Ansem. Which is what BBS' ending also says. They reveal the same amount of info about that subject.

So basically you were just sprouting a useless and irrelevant comment.

djares181 said:
Zip your vag, you don't know anything about anything, and it shows.

Last edited:

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?

Juat another DS fan tryna prove there game matters...in shorill say this.
No one cared when it was on Cellphone I dont think a remake on DS will make it any better.
THE DS PRINTS MONEY!

I fucking love allister shes all like cool story bro especially after I gave up.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
No one cared when it was on Cellphone I dont think a remake on DS will make it any better.
THE DS PRINTS MONEY!
I cared about it when it was on the Cellphone.

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
Point is no one else dkd as it was just that sidegame.
The fact is if we were to rank coded honestly id go right next to days.
Some-what useless in my opinion.
If you read the whole torment thing and never got in tot he game but played BBS bam youd know.

djares181

THE DS PRINTS MONEY!

I fucking love allister shes all like cool story bro especially after I gave up.

I see im not the only person that see's whats really important in kh.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
So? Why does what everyone else thinks have any baring on the quality of a game? It doesn't.

The fact is if we were to rank coded honestly id go right next to days
Some-what useless in my opinion..
and the fact you haven't even played it yet shows how useless -your- opinion is.

I see im not the only person that see's whats really important in kh.
you're very good at pointing out how little you actually know when it comes to this series.

djares181

The fact is if we were to rank coded honestly id go right next to days.
Some-what useless in my opinion.
If you read the whole torment thing and never got in tot he game but played BBS bam youd know.

lol my dude i just read the sumaries and watched the bbs ending and i knew all that i needed to know about lolcoded. I could care less about these supposed character interactions that dont even matter.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I could care less about these supposed character interactions that dont even matter.
Good for you. Some of us, however, actually DO care about the characters in KH as they are what hold the story together, and development for such characters is considered a plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back