• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What do you Think about Xion?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I thought it would've made more sense for Xion herself to appear in Coded instead of the Journal apparently cosplaying as Riku which I thought was a BS move on Nomura's part.

i dont think so. why would xion be in the journal?

and yes, the look-alike is getting old. i thought it was cool in COM because riku replica made up the story. but the rest seem like they aren't necessary to be look alikes, or direct look alikes. it got old in re:coded

i dont think so. why would xion be in the journal?

and yes, the look-alike is getting old. i thought it was cool in COM because riku replica made up the story. but the rest seem like they aren't necessary to be look alikes, or direct look alikes. it got old in re:coded

I don't know. But I would've preferred an actual plot twist than what actually happened. I mean even with Re:Coded, it doesn't seem to be that great of a game plot-wise. It really could've been summed up in one single cutscene: Sora, you gotta save some people and oh by the way, there's like six people inside you.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I don't know. But I would've preferred an actual plot twist than what actually happened. I mean even with Re:Coded, it doesn't seem to be that great of a game plot-wise. It really could've been summed up in one single cutscene: Sora, you gotta save some people and oh by the way, there's like six people inside you.

not exactly inside him, but connected to him that he needs to save

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I didn't find the character appealing either. It was...meh. It's just a nice, sweet, cookie-cutter "girl" (among the collection of them), thrown into things beyond her control, moping, either alone, in bed, or with her guy bitches, along with a glittery death to pull the audience's heart strings. The Organization, even with their one-dimensional personalities, were more memorable. They're quirky, for lack of a better word. Roxas was a nice addition that I appreciated, as I find his jerkass and selfishness unique to the group of Soras and Kairis. Even the Organization Moogle was awesome. Now he should return.

Xion was nothing new minus the sex switch (the sole contrast with the usual 14th member fanfic; everything else was done). Identity issues as to where it comes from and what to do in the end? Roxas, KH2. Clone blues? Riku Replica, CoM. Been there, done that. Their deaths are even similar, except Xion's was more of a diamond, ice show, of course. Special treatment. Though I found Repliku's fate more tragic, considering that:

1. He isn't hinted to return or be "saved". He's gone.
2. He isn't in Riku's conscious somewhere, or in his memories.
3. Forgotten, even when remembered.
4. No good memories of friendship and days to call his own.
5. Nobody cared much when he died. Riku was there, but he was just...I don't know. Not much of a reaction.

In general, Xion has it good now. So it's not even tragic anymore.

On top of that, who didn't know what she was going to do at the end? She's a goody two shoes - it was predictable. I foresaw it from the first time I heard "14th member". It was going to die and disappear, along with everyone's memories for some reason or other. It's the only way they could make sense of a character that was never there or was never made a whiff of (unlike TAV) throughout two games where it should have been addressed. It's because Xion never existed in the time line before, obviously, but it's still not surprising how they chose to cop-out; they had no choice. Which makes me wonder why do it in the first place due to some novel author's ideal fantasy. Throwing something like that in the middle of everything was a risk, and it didn't turn out well, in my opinion.

I think the word we're looking for is execution. It makes it or breaks it.

Xion's a pointless plot device - so's Vanitas, but he's more accepted. Aqua, I don't know much about her yet, so I can't say. But if the character's handled wrongly, then it's going to get negative attention. Xion's problem is that she's not only unneeded, but I felt the game would have been better without her due to all the attitude twisting with the characters to let her live for a whole year, the contrivances to insert her, the spotlight stealing, and the flaws in the plot because of it. Along with the fact that I don't find her interesting, I rather not have her be created if this is all I'm going to witness. It wasn't worth the shitty writing when I finished. She doesn't make up for her lack of use in the series, and at the end of it all, I didn't feel like I wanted her to be a part of Kingdom Hearts like I do the rest. I would have preferred to go with the other options that could easily replace her. Even if you put two Mary Sues together, one will probably come out more likable than the other depending on how they go about it. We're not saying all retcons are bad, just that Xion's in particular was off putting.

Aqua turned out to be more of a success. I'll let anyone else who knows better about that game to do comparisons as to why.

It's been advertised already, lol.

Last edited:

Allister Rose

French Lover
or just showing off.....some of cried, but really, i thought it was a dumb end. the moment they battled you could expect it.

Allister Rose

French Lover
So now only completely unexpected endings can be good? =/

usually, i would say yes. if it was probable. her death was predictable from the beginning. but that's not the point i'm making. everything about xion seemed dead on. there wasn't much of a twist with her. it would've been nice if she slowly grew onto axel and roxas rather than becoming friends quickly.

that's sort of why i like riku replica better

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
usually, i would say yes. if it was probable. her death was predictable from the beginning. but that's not the point i'm making. everything about xion seemed dead on. there wasn't much of a twist with her. it would've been nice if she slowly grew onto axel and roxas rather than becoming friends quickly.

I lol'd so hard. Seriously, the ending was bad because it was predictable? Wow...even when I knew what was coming at the end of Crisis Core, it did not stop me from shedding a tear. One of of my favorite video game endings.

...So...I take it you also think Birth By Sleep's ending was "bad", because its only redeeming "unpredictable factor" was Blank Points, which is a secret ending.

Terra's fate

Oh yeah, this was definitely a "twist." No, not "probable" by any means. It couldn't be more obvious if it punched you in the face. It was BEYOND predictable. It was so ridiculously obvious, people starting making threads here the FIRST DAY "The Enigmatic Soldier is Xehanort!" when the KH2:FM+ secret ending was revealed back in March 2007. We didn't even know Terra's NAME. It was predicted before "Birth By Sleep "was even officially ANNOUNCED. Sorry, it doesn't get more "predictable" than that.

When I watched Terra's ending, there was absolutely no shock. No jaw dropping. Just: "Oh...so that's how it went down."

Since it was pratically confirmed that Terra was the "Riku" of this game, we can pretty much guess what happens to Terra, because we ALL know what happened to Riku *cough*POSSESSION*cough**cough*

Ven's Fate

This was actually more transparent than Terra's fate. Let's see...Ven looks like Roxas. Roxas is born from Sora...so...*gasps* Ven must be connected to Sora! It's literally the ONLY option! So part of Ven (heart, body, soul, whatever) must be sealed in or merged with Sora! -I Called it the first day I ever laid eyes on Ven. Really...who didn't?

Aqua's Fate
The only character fate that was not clearly written in stone. Thanks to her hollow armor in FM+, I had two theories of what happened to her. The first one being her dying. The second being her relinquishing her title as Keyblade Master due to tragic circumstances with Terra and Ven, and going into some form of exile.

And low and behold, option #2 was almost on the mark! Yes, again, predicatable. I am not really seeing how Xion's fate was any more predictable than TAV's (though Aqua's was more on the fence.)

Maybe I'm getting a little angsty because you're calling my favorite ending "bad" when yours suffers from identical flaws :tongue: (if, of course, your implying that BBS was your favorite ending in a previous thread was true.)

Allister Rose

French Lover
I lol'd so hard. Seriously, the ending was bad because it was predictable? Wow...even when I knew what was coming at the end of Crisis Core, it did not stop me from shedding a tear. One of of my favorite video game endings.

...So...I take it you also think Birth By Sleep's ending was "bad", because its only redeeming "unpredictable factor" was Blank Points, which is a secret ending. [/QUOTE} the rest was unnecesary. but i just said it was a dumb ending. not a bad one. IMO it was dumb, because the moment we found out about a 14th, we knew she was going to die.

although you were completely wrong about lingering sentiment. ven was dead give away, obviously, and aqua was more difficult. but either way, i think Xion could've had a better ending, this one was too predictable. the story needed more twist. she could've survived.

sora364

Awards
When did I ever mention the Lingering Sentiment? To be blunt, I had no concrete theories on that until Nomura confirmed: "It doesn't matter whether you think it is Terra or not", indirectly implicating that Terra may not be Lingering Sentiment, though it is obviously connected to him ...So...not sure where you're going with this.

Allister Rose

French Lover
how about we just stick to the point. the game was predictable from the beginning. BBS was too bu it was sort of meant for that.

in days, we just wanted to know more on roxas time and this mysterious member on who she was more than what happens.

i still think days could've have a less preditcable ending

sora364

Awards
how about we just stick to the point.

:biggrin:

the game was predictable from the beginning. BBS was too bu it was sort of meant for that.

Not sure I agree...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X0P98qJjNA

Please read the first translation after the Khinsider Logo. It's right near the beginning. Square presents it as if it were a question. Well, you are right are right about one thing. It was obvious Terra, Ven, and Aqua were Doomed By Canon ever since we first saw them. :tongue: And guess what? The same goes for Xion. :smile: ...So...I'm not seeing what the big deal is.

i still think days could've have a less preditcable ending

Um...ya see...there's a slight problem with that. As *TwilightNight* pointed out: they had no choice. Unless...you wanted to give her a similar fate to Aqua with the main difference being that no one remembers her. But even then, people would still want Xion to roam the realm of darkness for all eternity with absolutely no hope salvation, since no one remembers that she even exists. With any luck, she'll get killed by three Darksides!

COME ON! You know that's how it would work out! :biggrin: Believe it or not, it's actually better for Xion critics this way. At least now her chances of returning are extremely slim, while her living (and thus people NEEDING to acknowledge her existence because she will most definitely return eventually) would tick people off even more. Trust me, I would feel the fanbase would be much more irate had it turned out differently. Because they would not be able to pretend that she doesn't exist.

No matter what, you are still effectively "dead" in the universe so long as the other characters are concerned. If she lives and everyone remembers her, it screws up the KH2 continuity. If she lives and "conveniently disappears for the sake of canon" she might as well still "die" at the end of Days because regardless, she's never seen again. It works out better in my opinon (because...I love it when main characters die :) )

Allister Rose

French Lover
i wish she challenged Xemnas, and then xemnas imprisoned her. they made it so she had to die. but really, i still think it would've been better if she survived

sora364

Awards
...I'm not sure why I forgot to point this out, but unless they did a completely different origin story for her, that would be impossible, would it not? Not saying it's bad or anything, just that it contradicts the continuity. As long as Xion is...well...alive...Sora will never wake up. ;p It's clear the writing team was hell bent on writing Xion out by any means necessary. haha

And I believe, by majority vote, whether you love her or hate her: Sora>>>>>Xion. So...she needed to die for Sora's sake.

SogeUsopp114

Awards
sitting with you know who in the realm of darkness
lol if you hate xion then you hate sora and roxas because she is a replica of them lol. xion is a nice cool awesome character which to me made days more interesting even if what was gonna happen to her was predictable. plus because of xion now i know why roxas left the organization and tried to destroy it and why roxas had two keyblades xion puts all the missing pieces together in roxas's short story in kh2. almost cried when she went back to sora T_T

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back