• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Elder Scrolls VI

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/11/11

but we still have not yet seen any gameplay
i wuold be happy even though it was running on the same old engine,all i want is a new,interesting,better story

What makes you think there won't be a new interesting story? You've gotta have some faith in Bethesda...

Chrono Mizaki

Banned

What makes you think there won't be a new interesting story? You've gotta have some faith in Bethesda...

Because something like Little Lamplight in Fallout 3 was an interesting town, with unkillable children and no backstory whatsoever to how the kids got there or how they survived.

Oh, I lost my faith in Bethesda ages ago.

PS: Call me 'Hipster' and I'll shove 4chan up your arse, just to be clear =]

Awards

I wonder if they will make any major changes to the gameplay. I kinda find the leveling system annoying really, a simple exp bar would be nice. Or maybe I just think this because I suck at picking the right major skills?

Edit: ??? Wasn't there more to this post? and a lot of other stuff above?

Modzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Awards

I didn't feel like posting this earlier but might as well now, to get me away from studying..

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Coming Next Issue - News - www.GameInformer.com

Anyways, it seems January 6th is the day we'll slowly start to get a gist of what's going on with Skyrim, with the February edition of GameInformer [hopefully] revealing some actual info on the topic. Apparently they've had this info for a while and I'm sure they're itching to get it out. No telling how much is going to be in there, but they've apparently 'seen the game up close and personal' and are planning on an 'in-depth' look at ESV. So here's hoping that when they say February issue, it'll follow the trend of most mags by coming out around half a month or so early. And hoping they bring the goods.

I can't wait until all this info finally starts to trickle out.

Awards

I didn't feel like posting this earlier but might as well now, to get me away from studying..

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Coming Next Issue - News - www.GameInformer.com

Anyways, it seems January 6th is the day we'll slowly start to get a gist of what's going on with Skyrim, with the February edition of GameInformer [hopefully] revealing some actual info on the topic. Apparently they've had this info for a while and I'm sure they're itching to get it out. No telling how much is going to be in there, but they've apparently 'seen the game up close and personal' and are planning on an 'in-depth' look at ESV. So here's hoping that when they say February issue, it'll follow the trend of most mags by coming out around half a month or so early. And hoping they bring the goods.

I can't wait until all this info finally starts to trickle out.

I get like, 90% of my gaming info from gameinformer. They're pretty reliable.

Awards

February Game Informer with Elder Scrolls V cover story hits GameStop shelves on January 14th
Twitter

gameinformer cover revealed
February Cover Revealed: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - News - www.GameInformer.com

gameinformer elder scrolls hub- looks like its going to be constantly updated
GameInformer Presents THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM

Last month saw the release of the teaser trailer for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, also available at the bottom of this article. During the trailer, you probably noticed some mysterious language being sung. What you might not have known is that the words are in the tongue of the dragons, an entirely new language crafted by Bethesda for use in the upcoming game. This complete language plays an integral role in the story and gameplay of the upcoming epic, and introduces an intriguing new facet to the Elder Scrolls mythology.
translating the back cover
Translating The Cover - News - www.GameInformer.com

Click here to solve the puzzle of the back cover
GameInformer.com - Translating the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Cover

Edit:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Awsome find, the translation reminds me of Loveless prolouge lol (Crisis Core)

αsiя

space coke

Got this from gaf.

On leveling:
Totally revamped, no more class selection at the start of the game, every skill you level contributes to your overall level. And each time you level you get extra health plus the ability to get either more health, magicka or stamina.
Each level also brings you perks. Cool abilities I guess like in Fallout 3.
Also, the leveling was moved from 1-25 or something like that to 1-50, but 50 is soft-capped, you just advance really slow after that.

On skills:
Mysticism is gone.
18 skills, down from 21 on Oblivion, and 27 on Morrowind.
Tries to accomodate players who want to specialize in a certain proffesion (like mage or thief), while at the same time giving room for players who like to do plenty of everything. They want to keep a special care so that this feels good, not prone to cheating and organic.

On the story and lore:
200 years after Oblivion. Set in Skyrim, a region north of the imperial city, where the Nords live.
The dragons are returning, as it was prophetized. You are gonna be trying to stop the wicked dragon god. You are a dragonborn, a dragon hunter. Your mentor is one of the last blade, voiced by some old dude from Shutter Island and Minority Report.
Also, there is a civil war, since the king is dead.
Enemies include were-yeti's, giant spider, dragons and other cool creatures.

On combat:
They want to make it more dynamic and tactical. You have to assign each hand with a function I think, either magic, 2 weapons, a weapon and a shield, etc.
You can also waste stamina by sprinting, allowing you to get access to tactical postitions.
Emphasis on really improving the combat this time around.
They are also putting care on how each weapon feel on your hand.

Other:
Third person view has been improved
5 massive cities, more variation in caves and underground stuff.

On quests:
Quests are much more dynamic now.
The quests are now more determined by how you build your chracter, individual actions and overall much more dynamic. Examples provided: If you are more of a magic user, some other mage may approach you who may not have had if you were just a melee character. Or if you killed some dude who owned a store that was gonna give you a quest, his sister would inherit the store, but she may resent you before giving you the quest. Also, if you drop a weapon in the street instead of selling it, it may just dissapear, some kid may get it and give it back to you, which would lead to a series of stuff, or some dudes may fight over who gets it.
Also, it said that the quests you are given would be modified by how you have played (I guess like scaling the quests). For example, the location of a rescue mission would be determined by which location you have visited (it will try to give you a dungeon you haven't been in) and I guess also giving you appropiate enemies to your level.

I can add that there is an option for no HUD.

On Conversations: (thanks MrBig)
Conversations aren't done in a zoomed in static shot anymore.
Start a conversation with some and they will act like someone would in real life, looking at you occasionally and walking around a bit and also continue doing a task if they were doing one while talking.

On Weapon smithing:
Go to a forge and carve a new weapon out of red hot metal.

Recap from raphier

Dual-wielding: you have two hands now in combat and you can wield anything to both hands. You may assign a dagger on left hand and use a mace with right hand. The choice as they say is yours.

Duel: You may duel any NPC on the streets western style.

Inheritence: When you kill a shopkeeper, his/her family member will inherit the shop and will be angry about you, but stil give you missions.

Level-scaling: It is coming back

18 skills: supposedly even less skills to play with?

No mysticism

Perks: Rumored to be in Skyrim. I may have understood it wrong.

Boosts: Pick stamina, health, magic boosts on level up.

Enchanting: This skill makes a return.

"Radiant storytelling" or Level Scaling 2.0: "The game eventually logs a huge storehouse of knowledge about how you've played, and subsequently tailors content to your capabilities and experiences. Entering a city, a young woman might approach you and beg you to save her daughter from kidnappers. The game will look at the nearby dungeons you've explored, automatically set the mission in a place you've never visited, and designate opponents that are appropriately matched to your strengths and weaknesses."

Fast-Travel: As you probably expect, you can instantly travel to previous locations with a tap of the button

Sprinting: You can now sprint about!

Town visiting: You may do more in towns, like tailor weapons, cooking, farming or mining. Not much details about this or how detailed they are as jobs.

Yet another recap:

-A variation of level scaling.
-Dynamic Shadows
-Overhauled Combat-system
-Improved Faces/Improved Models Example: Faces have been dramatically overhauled. Characters now exhibit more emotion show of distinctions between different races and just plain looks better.
-Radiant AI
-Updated Engine Snow falls dynamically (not as a basic texture on the ground)
Trees and branches move independently with the wind
Water flows
-Randomly generated quests.
-Beards
-You can't run backwards as fast as you do forward.
-10 races to choose from (Holy crap thats a lot of races)
-confirmed creatures: zombies, skeletons, trolls, giants, ice wraiths, giant spiders, dragons, wolves, horses Elk, mammoth, saber-toothed cats
-presumeably open cities (as dragons can attack)
-Hud-free first-person view and improved third-person perspective
-very unique landscapes! Also unique dungeons! In other words, lots of uniqueness!
-Character creation improved, body features customizable
-2-handed weapons and duel wielding confirmed.
-Finishing moves, unique to each weapon and enemy you fight.
-Kids
-The game takes place 2 centuries after Oblivion
-Sprint is added !
- Dialog will pop up when you approach an enemy
- cooking/farming/mining/woodcutting/blacksmithing
-18 skills.
-Perk picking at every level-up
-5 Magic Schools Destruction Alteration Conjuration Restoration Illusion.

I like how the combat sorta resembles Demon's Souls, which is a good thing.

Kongxu

I must say I druelled while reading that. I think Morrowind just might get raped by Skyrim. I mean wow that is a BIG step up from Oblivion and Morrowind if done right *thinks of game*. *faints and has a fanboy squeel moment* Anyway... >_>

Awards

Here there be dragons: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim scans and details arrive | Wouldyoukindly.com

They’re finally here. After years of anxious waiting, Bethesda has, at long last, graced us with the first look at The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, landing on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 this November. Game Informer scored the world exclusive reveal in the February issue, and like clockwork the goods have arrived in the hands of subscribers, and then on the internets within hours.

Skyrim takes place 200 years after the events of Oblivion. The king of Skyrim is now dead, and the empire’s lands are engulfed in a 2-sided civil war. Located north of the Imperial City, it is home of the Nords. The ancient prophecy of the dragons’ return is coming true, and the player — a dragon hunter, mentored by Esbern, one of the last Blades — is out to stop the big bad dragon god Alduin.

Arguably the subject most are eager to analyze to death, let’s tackle the game’s graphics first. The first screens of Skyrim show a rugged, gorgeous world full of foliage, snow, ice, water and mountains, and as we’ve heard, it’s all being brought to life on Bethesda’s ‘new’ technology… which is crudely based upon their existing Oblivion/Fallout 3 engine. Overhauls are rampant. All objects cast dynamic shadows, snow falls realistically, tree branches sway in the wind, water has currents, and we’re told to expect “unparalleled fidelity” for an open-world RPG. Par for the course, everything you can see is traversable. Bethesda has even improved the third-person view point this time around, also bringing first-person into the HUD-less era.

“Where Oblivion focused on idyllic sylvan glades and imperial cities, Skyrim delivers precipitous mountains, majestic tundras and crumbling ruins,” the mag says. Bethesda say that within the world there are 6 or 7 varied environment looks, five massive cities, caves and underground locations, and all loaded with slews of creatures including saber-toothed cats, were-yeti, woolly mammoths, elk, giant spiders, wolves, zombies, skeletons, trolls, giants, ice wraiths, and of course, dragons.

Combat has evolved from what was in Oblivion, now more dynamic, supporting dual-wielding with weapons, shields and magic. Stamina, while used for magic, can also decrease by sprinting, new to the series and used for tactical movement or speedy adventuring. Note that movement is not as fast going backwards as it is forwards. “The core change is the addition of a two hands/two options approach to combat. Every weapon or spell in the game can be equipped in either hand at any time, leading to limitless combinations of attack options. Dual wield two of the same weapon, or put a dagger in one hand and a mace in the other. Fight defensively with a shield in one hand and a cracking ball of electricity in the other. Set two completely different spells in either hand or the same spell in both hands, letting you combine the spells to extraordinary effect. The choice is yours.”

Taking some cues from Fallout, Skyrim will introduce ”perks during the level-up process. And leveling has been redesigned, no longer making players select a class at the start of the game (but there are 10 races to select from); every skill furthers the overall level, and upon advancing you’ll auto-increase in health, with the choice of advancing health, magic or stamina traits. One of the biggest complaints from Fallout 3 was the hard level cap, something Bethesda fixed in post-release DLC (but Obsidian stepped backward in New Vegas), and addressed here. Skyrim has a ‘soft cap’ of level 50, after which players will continue growing slowly so you’re ongoing exploration won’t go unrewarded.

As for skills, there are 18 in the game, but some like Mysticism have been removed, while others like weaponsmithing allows you to forge weapons. A player’s skills will try to accommodate their profession (ie: mage, etc.), but also let them organically experience archetypes. The more you use something, the better you’ll become, without having to be stuck as a single class. Moreover, if you stick to using a certain skillset often, you’ll level faster than if you hop around. Do the opposite, and you’ll level slower. For the magic-lovers, know that you can choose between Destruction, Alteration, Conjuration, Restoration and Illusion.

Level-scaling, a notorious issue in Oblivion, makes a comeback, but is more like Fallout 3/New Vegas than the previous Elder Scrolls game. “The game eventually logs a huge storehouse of knowledge about how you’ve played, and subsequently tailors content to your capabilities and experiences. Entering a city, a young woman might approach you and beg you to save her daughter from kidnappers. The game will look at the nearby dungeons you’ve explored, automatically set the mission in a place you’ve never visited, and designate opponents that are appropriately matched to your strengths and weaknesses.”

Moving on to conversation and interaction, Skyrim‘s NPC denizens have received quite the visual update, no longer resembling the same 4 character models with blank stares and horrific facial features. Talking to an NPC is no longer a boring face-to-face sequence, either, instead being more dynamic. Characters will move around, proceed with tasks and more. Likewise, Bethesda’s long-hyped Radiant AI finally appears, with quest-sensitive intel able to be gleaned from overheard dialogue, negating your need to directly draw it out of people. Players can also influence the world around them with items, which when dropped, can initiate events that otherwise would not happen. If you drop a knife from your inventory, a local boy in a town may eventually pick it up, and seek you out to return it to you. Alternatively, a band of men (maybe bandits) could happen upon it, and engage in a fight over it. While visiting a settlement, you may also engage in passive activities like farming, or mining.

An RPG is only as good as its quests, and Skyrim‘s are assigned based on how your character is developed. It’s called Radiant Story. An example given is a more magic-focused player receiving quests from a mage, which a melee-focused character might not encounter. Perhaps you kil off a quest-giving shopkeeper. His sister will inherit and take over the store, but her attitude towards you will change, possibly affecting the quest. Quests will also be dynamically modified, similar to the level-scaling encounters. It’s also said that you can elect to have a duel with another resident in the streets, and towns can be attacked by dragons, as well as other creatures. You will repeatedly have to face the gigantic winged beasts in single combat, too.

That’s just the tip of the Skyrim iceberg, it seems. Definitely seems like Bethesda have learned huge lessons over the last few years, no?

‘The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim’ Game Informer Scans Reveal Story - Game Rant
In the scans of the magazine, this story is confirmed as the main plot of the game, with the player stepping in as possibly the last of the dragonborn:

“The Elder Scrolls have prophesied the return of the dragons. In fact, the signs that the dragons would be returning were clearly laid out in the predictions. The shattering of the Staff of Chaos (The Elder Scrolls: Arena), the appearance of Numidium (Daggerfall), the volcanic Red Mountain (Morrowind), and the opening of the Oblivion gates (Oblivion) all heralded their arrival. the last sign is the citizens of Skyrim turning against eachother in civil war, an event that is unfolding as Skyrim begins.”

The dragons won’t be a vacant threat, but a constant enemy that will have to be fought on several occasions. As the last of the dragonborn, the player will be able to use the power of the dragons themselves, to eliminate the remaining dragons before Alduin rises. Also known as the ‘World Eater,’ this dragon possesses godlike power, and a desire to swallow Tamriel whole.

Awards
Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - NEW INFO & SCANS!!

Scans:
http://www.wouldyoukindly.com/wp-content/uploads/esskyrimscan11.jpg
Spoiler Spoiler Show

http://www.wouldyoukindly.com/wp-content/uploads/esskyrimscan2.jpg
Spoiler Spoiler Show

http://www.wouldyoukindly.com/wp-content/uploads/esskyrimscan3.jpg
Spoiler Spoiler Show

http://www.wouldyoukindly.com/wp-content/uploads/esskyrimscan4.jpg
Spoiler Spoiler Show

http://www.wouldyoukindly.com/wp-content/uploads/esskyrimscan5.jpg
Spoiler Spoiler Show

http://www.wouldyoukindly.com/wp-content/uploads/esskyrimscan6.jpg
Spoiler Spoiler Show

http://www.wouldyoukindly.com/wp-content/uploads/esskyrimscan7.jpg
Spoiler Spoiler Show

http://www.wouldyoukindly.com/wp-content/uploads/esskyrimscan8.jpg
Spoiler Spoiler Show

http://www.wouldyoukindly.com/wp-content/uploads/esskyrimscan9.jpg
Spoiler Spoiler Show

http://www.wouldyoukindly.com/wp-content/uploads/skyrimgi8.jpg
Spoiler Spoiler Show

http://www.wouldyoukindly.com/wp-content/uploads/esskyrimscan.jpg

http://www.wouldyoukindly.com/wp-content/uploads/esskyrimscansnow.jpg

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - New Info & Scans!

Well damn... It seems all our worries have been laid to rest and then some x win to the ultimate degree.

Awards

I'd say the most important scans to read are 'Weapons of Choice' and 'The One They Fear.'

Also, if you read Weapons of Choice, you'll see that even though Mysticism was removed, the spells under that skill were just moved around. Being magic already, 'mysticism' seemed redundant and just overall is better off now.

Awards

Hmm.. The weapon is definitely not in Oblivion, and the scenery sure seems to be more than just a little mod. The rest seems fairly Oblivion-esque. Interesting.

In any case. You know that wall in the carved Announcement Trailer? According to this article, not only is it an actual structure within the game, but it is also a key piece in the game's story.
Skyrim: Secrets Of The Wall - Features - www.GameInformer.com

Information on key pieces of that wall:
GameInformer.com - Alduin's Wall

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back