• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Just thinking about prequels

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

tri-blade

Who wants to bet that the next prequel KH does is before BBS and is one about young adult Xehanort and young adult Eraqus having to work together to stop a threat that will become Sora's next enemy after KH3? This enemy will probably be a student of Yen Sid (most likely female because of the whole man-man-woman recurring trio thing Nomura does) and is so powerful and evil that MX is even afraid of her.

State

Awards
Tetsuya Nomura said he did not want to keep dwelling in the past of the Kingdom Hearts series, so I doubt he would want to make another prequel to the series.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Who wants to bet that the next prequel KH does is before BBS and is one about young adult Xehanort and young adult Eraqus having to work together to stop a threat that will become Sora's next enemy after KH3? This enemy will probably be a student of Yen Sid (most likely female because of the whole man-man-woman recurring trio thing Nomura does) and is so powerful and evil that MX is even afraid of her.

NO. 25252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525252525

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I doubt we'll be going any farther in the past. KH is supposed to be Sora's story. The farther we go back, the more separated we are from Sora. And we REALLY need to move forward in the series. We can't keep hanging out in the past.

We will see a young Xehanort in the next few KH games so no need for a game in the past for that.

And we don't have enough Disney worlds to make work in the past. I mean, there are probably five that could work in a prequel that far back, but that means five less worlds we can have in future KH titles.

Also, I have this feeling that Marluxia or Xigbar/Braig is going to be the villain after the Xehanort saga.

Revolution

Unless Marluxia's and Braig's Heartless has been destroyed, I highly doubt it.

It isn't a long shot that they have.

And yeah, the story of Eraqus and Xehanort's teen years isn't important. We got the summery of Xehanort from before BBS in the Files for BBS, and Eraqus' story isn't that important. There isnt a need.

Ralz

Next you're gonna want a full game based entirely around the Keyblade War. It just isn't necessary. Nomura wants us to use our own noggins to interpret all these events.

Its not hard to guess Xehanort and Eraqus's teen years.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Next you're gonna want a full game based entirely around the Keyblade War. It just isn't necessary. Nomura wants us to use our own noggins to interpret all these events.

Its not hard to guess Xehanort and Eraqus's teen years.
Yep just like it wasn't hard to guess the events of BBS during the time of KH2.

Blaze217

Banned
I like finding out about hte next installement by just playing it, not by thinking/ knowing whats goign to happen.

jazumin-chan

Website
www.gaiaonline.com
You make a good point, but a Keyblade War game in the same essence as Halo Wars would be epic. Just sayin'

Shadowrelm 150

In a world of shadows... AKA Surrey, England
Well screw Nomura. I want a Keyblade War game no matter how unnecessary and impractical it is.
So there.

Well, It's not really your decision to make now is it? It is, after all, Nomura's choice if he wants to do a game about the Keyblade War. Personally, a game like this would be alright, but it's quite the bad idea. I'm with Nomura on this one, I want to focus on the present of the Kingdom Hearts timeline ¬_¬

Davrax

Well, It's not really your decision to make now is it? It is, after all, Nomura's choice if he wants to do a game about the Keyblade War. Personally, a game like this would be alright, but it's quite the bad idea. I'm with Nomura on this one, I want to focus on the present of the Kingdom Hearts timeline ¬_¬

I like how you say that as if it would, like, be a revelation to me that I don't have any say in the creative direction of the series. As if I really believed that saying that I would like something on an unofficial fan forum would be like casting my vote in whether or not the game gets made.

Anyway. I think a Keyblade War game would have a place as a side game after the main series is over. Just for flava.

Shadowrelm 150

I like how you say that as if it would, like, be a revelation to me that I don't have any say in the creative direction of the series. As if I really believed that saying that I would like something on an unofficial fan forum would be like casting my vote in whether or not the game gets made.

And I like how butthurt you got over my comment lol. However, you were just stating your opinion and I interpreted incorrectly. But you should know that this kind of game won't get made :/ We most likely get more information about the KW in the next upcoming games but not an actual game.

Davrax

And I like how butthurt you got over my comment lol. However, you were just stating your opinion and I interpreted incorrectly. But you should know that this kind of game won't get made :/ We most likely get more information about the KW in the next upcoming games but not an actual game.
Well, probably. I just think it would be nice.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think a Keyblade War game is stupid. D: I'd like some cutscenes of the epic battle, but I don't want an entire game. Again, aren't the lot of you complaining we have been waiting years for a sequel of KH2? Well, any "Keyblade War" game would effectively stop us from ever getting to KH3.

Shadowrelm 150

Well, any "Keyblade War" game would effectively stop us from ever getting to KH3.

Isn't the only reason Kingdom Hearts 3 is taking forever to get here only beacuse of Vs XII? In reality the more games we get the shorter the wait (we'll be busy completing the other games). However, a Keyblade War game just won't happen due to Nomura saying that there won't be a KW game. If there were one, I'll still buy it just to make the wait to KH3 a little shorter.

Davrax

I think a Keyblade War game is stupid. D: I'd like some cutscenes of the epic battle, but I don't want an entire game. Again, aren't the lot of you complaining we have been waiting years for a sequel of KH2? Well, any "Keyblade War" game would effectively stop us from ever getting to KH3.

Again, I'm advocating doing the game after KH3. For additional background and awesome fights.

Is the community this polarized about everything?

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
I think you're silly talking about polarizing. Makes me think about Polar Bears in the Coca-Cola commercial.

But honestly, I'd rather be happy waiting for five years for KH3 (I doubt it'll take that long, but eh) than getting some Keyblade War game that does nothing but tell stuff that was already hinted at or spoken of. KH3 would be worth waiting for, as opposed to that icky boring stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back