• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora and Riku in KH1 form

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Nomura explained that Sora and Riku appearing as they did in KH1 in 3D is essential to the game's story... and I think it's essential for KH3's story as well. Think about it. This game will probably give a reason to why Sora will be at level 1 in this game AND in KH3. Obviously, we don't know how or why story wise they appear this way, but in terms of gameplay, i think it actually is necessary.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Eh... I think it's just because Nomura wants to use those designs one last time before getting rid of them forever. I can't see him ever using them post-Xehanort Saga. It probably just has to do with dreams, or the MoM. Maybe Yen Sid puts them into their old looks to remind them of the trust issues they had during KH1 to see if they can overcome it or something like that.

I still think it blows though. I would much rather play as KH2 versions. Hopefully they aren't stuck like that all game.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I still think it blows though. I would much rather play as KH2 versions. Hopefully they aren't stuck like that all game.
Agreed. I much prefer KH2 Sora's attire to his KH1's I think the black clothes work better than the bright red and the yellow.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'd really wish Nomura'd let the KH1 designs go. I love the designs, but we'll have to go through another game of deep voiced KH1!Sora.

Tatsu

^Yeah. The deep voice isn't exactly matching Sora's young appearance. I think Nomura has to let young Sora go now. He's gone. He's old and is sounding like it very much.

Ralz

I never had a problem with the KH1 design, but I would like to see some more of the KH2 design. Unless Nomura gets rid of that, in which case the next outfit better be even cooler.

Awards
KH1 Sora
- KH1
- CoM/Re:CoM
- coded/Re:coded
- Technically Days
- KH3D

KH2 Sora
- KH2

:/
I'm sorry, but any "reason" Nomura uses for bringing back the KH1 outfits in KH3D will definitely be some contrived excuse.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Nomura explained that Sora and Riku appearing as they did in KH1 in 3D is essential to the game's story... and I think it's essential for KH3's story as well. Think about it. This game will probably give a reason to why Sora will be at level 1 in this game AND in KH3. Obviously, we don't know how or why story wise they appear this way, but in terms of gameplay, i think it actually is necessary.

Are you trying to say the reason that Sora and Riku appear as KH1 is so they are at Level 1?
That's utterly retarded.
It's a videogame, there doesn't have to be any reasons they are at level 1.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I think Nomura has a fluffin crush on KH1!Sora or something... it is complete mediocrity if he says they need to be in their KH1 forms... i don't see how anything they will do would call for them to take off a year in their appearance...let alone wear the same damn clothes they did too. He in love with that little boy.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
For some reason I can see it playing around the lines of some new mark of mastery thing.
Yen sid: Forget everything you know about Keyblade Wielding. You must start from the beginning.
-age revert-
what the testicles?

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Eh... I think it's just because Nomura wants to use those designs one last time before getting rid of them forever. I can't see him ever using them post-Xehanort Saga. It probably just has to do with dreams, or the MoM. Maybe Yen Sid puts them into their old looks to remind them of the trust issues they had during KH1 to see if they can overcome it or something like that.

what she say, though I love the old classic much more then kh 2 design

SQEXGAL

Website
sqex.wordpress.com
Maybe Nomura just doesn't want the KH kids to grow up?

The BBS group are essentially young adults and dealing with darker themes, but by the time it catches up with Sora, he's still a kid. Even though he grows in KH2, he's still no older than Ventus was. The charm of KH is kinda the fact that they are kids that can embrace the magic of Disney as they deal with the dark crap happening. I'm guessing that keeping Sora young and familiar has to do with preventing from aging.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
For some reason I can see it playing around the lines of some new mark of mastery thing.
Yen sid: Forget everything you know about Keyblade Wielding. You must start from the beginning.
-age revert-
what the testicles?
Oh lord, now that you've mentioned that... I could see it.
What the fluff Nomura, drop the god damned KH1 outfits... flufffffffffff. I'm not impressed, I was hoping the teaser had them in those outfits to fcuk with our minds and that was all; when I found out the outfits were plot relevant I shook my head.
Nomura has the biggest man-crush on KH1 Sora.

Awards
Are you trying to say the reason that Sora and Riku appear as KH1 is so they are at Level 1?
That's utterly retarded.
It's a videogame, there doesn't have to be any reasons they are at level 1.

Ok, you don't have to be rude. And I know it's a game, but Nomura doesn't like for Sora to just appear at level 1 out of nowhere. He's said in other interviews that it's hard coming up with ideas to explain why Sora's at level 1. So he obviously doesn't like to take the traditional video game route and make his character just appear at level 1 out of nowhere, he likes to have a storywise explanation, and I think their appearances in 3D might be part of that explanation for this game and possibly KH3, since they are closely connected.

blackberi

I'm not impressed, I was hoping the teaser had them in those outfits to fcuk with our minds and that was all; when I found out the outfits were plot relevant I shook my head.

This.

So not looking forward to man-voiced 14-year-old Sora... again. I've already had enough from Re:COM, and now Re:Coded too. Even not being a fan of KH2 Sora's outfit - it reminds me of FFX Lulu's outfit; just an excuse to add a whole sh*tload of belts for the hell of it - I would rather see that.

Sigh~

Zak1403

It could just be that they are appearing like their KH1 forms because of memories asleep within Sora that he did know he had because of the events if CoM and he unlocks them on his journey.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
This.

So not looking forward to man-voiced 14-year-old Sora... again. I've already had enough from Re:COM, and now Re:Coded too. Even not being a fan of KH2 Sora's outfit - it reminds me of FFX Lulu's outfit; just an excuse to add a whole sh*tload of belts for the hell of it - I would rather see that.

Sigh~
Lol, Sora/Lulu. XD

Nomura really needs to start taking the voice actors age into consideration. I know it must be difficult to completely throw away a design he really enjoys but it's gotten ridiculous. CoM was alright... because I thought it would be a one time thing... not continuous. Guh.

It could just be that they are appearing like their KH1 forms because of memories asleep within Sora that he did know he had because of the events if CoM and he unlocks them on his journey.
Possible. And the only theory that I'm hoping is true, regarding the outfits. Hopefully there won't be any "talking" cut-scenes with their KH1 outfits then...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
This...memories or that provided "dreams"-theme are the only plausible reasons I can think of why they're using "jumpsuit"-Sora yet again...it really is getting somewhat old by now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back