• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory on How Xehanort Became A Heartless

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Terra finally regained control of his body, but accidentally sealed his heart with MX's instead of releasing MX's, which resulted in an amnesiac man called Xehanort.
According the game, that was actually MX. (i know, it makes little sense but....)

it is heavily hinted that Xehanort used the Keyblade to open it.
No, it's not. Reread the original Ansem Reports. Xehanort explains that he merely opened it and it was already unlocked. He didn't use the Keyblade, in fact, suggesting he even had a Keyblade is silly because Xehanort was going to great lengths to find the Keyblade (that's pretty much why he became a Heartless, after all). What's implied is that Xehanort had the -ability- to open the door, and now it's pretty clear why (though it was kind of clear why back then): because he had a Keyblade Wielder's heart (three actually). It's similar to how Riku was able to see the keyhole of the door to DI's heart without a Keyblade. It was because he could still wield one, even if he didnt have one on him.

So, Terra took control and stabbed his chest, which released two hearts:
You just said the hearts were one and now you're advocating that there are two?

Xehanort, still believing darkness was supreme, allowed himself to turn into a Heartless.
First of all, probably the thing that will end this most, is the fact that we already -know- how Xehanort lost his heart. And it wasn't through the Keyblade (again, because he didnt have access to one then). In KH2 it's made clear that Xehanort casted off his body by walking into the Door to RG's heart with the other apprentices. So, that alone kind of debunks this whole thing...

This is supported by the fact that Ansem SOD doesn't show a SINGLE trait of either Terra or Eraqus.
Nomura said XH went to DI because of Terra's promise with Riku, so, yes he does show traits of Terra.

and also has knowledge about the Room of Awakening
Chamber of Waking...

But he never said he actually had a humanoid form...
Yes he did. In the Reports he says bluntly that he never transformed into a Heartless. This would imply he still had his human form.

This is why Ansem SOD doesn't look exactly the same as MX.
He doesn't look the same because he is also part Terra/Eraqus.

*Riku had Terra's heart, and therefore his power, within him
That's foolish to suggest as the first thing XH practically does is expel Riku (and therefore Terra, in your theory) out of his body.

*Riku was one of the other seeds Xehanort spoke of.
Pretty bold claim, and I'd even say it might not be true as Nomura leads us to believe that the only reason XH went to DI was because of Terra's promise to Riku. Makes it seem Riku was more of Terra's seeds than he ever was of Xehanort's.

Young MX and Riku have the same voice, which means at some point, MX influenced the boy so he could one day become a seed.
That's a huuuuuge leap, especially when you consider that David changes his voice for MX. If Riku and Young MX truly had the same voice, he would speak normally, but he didn't.

Also, when Terra meets Riku, he sees Riku as young MX for a moment, but then Riku turns into his older teenage self.
Yeah... and we already know why. It was a director's nuance to better illustrate the connection Terra and Riku would have in the future. It wasn't really happening.

Not because a sliver of Terra in Ansem SOD wanted him
Already mentioned how that -was- the case.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
According the game, that was actually MX. (i know, it makes little sense but....)

No, it's not. Reread the original Ansem Reports. Xehanort explains that he merely opened it and it was already unlocked. He didn't use the Keyblade, in fact, suggesting he even had a Keyblade is silly because Xehanort was going to great lengths to find the Keyblade (that's pretty much why he became a Heartless, after all). What's implied is that Xehanort had the -ability- to open the door, and now it's pretty clear why (though it was kind of clear why back then): because he had a Keyblade Wielder's heart (three actually). It's similar to how Riku was able to see the keyhole of the door to DI's heart without a Keyblade. It was because he could still wield one, even if he didnt have one on him.

You just said the hearts were one and now you're advocating that there are two?

First of all, probably the thing that will end this most, is the fact that we already -know- how Xehanort lost his heart. And it wasn't through the Keyblade (again, because he didnt have access to one then). In KH2 it's made clear that Xehanort casted off his body by walking into the Door to RG's heart with the other apprentices. So, that alone kind of debunks this whole thing...

Nomura said XH went to DI because of Terra's promise with Riku, so, yes he does show traits of Terra.

Chamber of Waking...

Yes he did. In the Reports he says bluntly that he never transformed into a Heartless. This would imply he still had his human form.

He doesn't look the same because he is also part Terra/Eraqus.

That's foolish to suggest as the first thing XH practically does is expel Riku (and therefore Terra, in your theory) out of his body.

Pretty bold claim, and I'd even say it might not be true as Nomura leads us to believe that the only reason XH went to DI was because of Terra's promise to Riku. Makes it seem Riku was more of Terra's seeds than he ever was of Xehanort's.

That's a huuuuuge leap, especially when you consider that David changes his voice for MX. If Riku and Young MX truly had the same voice, he would speak normally, but he didn't.

Yeah... and we already know why. It was a director's nuance to better illustrate the connection Terra and Riku would have in the future. It wasn't really happening.

Already mentioned how that -was- the case.

Now I get where you're coming from on all these points.

What surprises me though is that you didn't address the single thing that shoots down this theory entirely:

Worlds are no exception. If a world is a being, the heart it holds must be colossal... ...and the darkness at its core must be monstrous indeed. Did Xehanort pass through that door in an attempt to contact that dark realm? No, not only Xehanort. It appears my other five apprentices, believing it was for the sake of research, stared deep into the darkness and were pulled into it. Even, Ienzo, Braig, Dilan, and Aeleus... They have ceased to be human.

Since Ansem the Wise confirms Xehanort never used a Keyblade to make himself a Heartless, this theory is null and void.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Now I get where you're coming from on all these points.

What surprises me though is that you didn't address the single thing that shoots down this theory entirely:
I actually did. It was the fourth section in what you quoted.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
I just thought he got caught up in the experiments along with the five other apprentices and got turned into a Heartless when the machine creating the Heartless exploded on them.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I just thought he got caught up in the experiments along with the five other apprentices and got turned into a Heartless when the machine creating the Heartless exploded on them.
It never exploded on them... It was in working order all the way 'til KH2 I believe.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Oh, but I still think he got caught up in the experiments. Does the Ansem Reports make out how the apprentices became Heartless? I don't remember.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Oh, but I still think he got caught up in the experiments. Does the Ansem Reports make out how the apprentices became Heartless? I don't remember.

In the secret Ansem Report (3 or 4 I forget which) it is stated that Xehanort entered the heart of RG and that turned him into a Heartless.

Pratiko

Awards
As for the apprentices, there's a room in HB shown in The End of the World where there's a machine with five pods or "beds", and looks like a Heart extracting machine. They probably used that.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
As for the apprentices, there's a room in HB shown in The End of the World where there's a machine with five pods or "beds", and looks like a Heart extracting machine. They probably used that.

Well if there's only five that means one's missing. That one is probably Xehanort, and even though Ansem didn't SEE Xehanort walk through the door in the basement, if it was put in the report it's probably true.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
It isn't. The apprentices walked through the door, too. No one got their heart extracted by a machine.

Pratiko

Awards
It isn't. The apprentices walked through the door, too. No one got their heart extracted by a machine.
Just read the Ansem Reports to check. Turns out, Xehanort doesn't mention how the others turn into Heartless/Nobodies. Then again, Ansem the Wise says in SAR#3 says:
Did Xehanort pass through that door in an attempt to contact that dark realm?
No, not only Xehanort.

It appears my other five apprentices, believing it was for the sake of research, stared deep into the darkness and were pulled into it.

He assumes they went through that door, but it could have happened some other way.
I wonder if it's safe to assume that the others could have retained their senses of self, too, by going through the door to the world's Heart, as Ansem proceeds with:
Even, Ienzo, Braig, Dilan, and Aeleus...
They have ceased to be human.

As if he had met them before. Could it be?
Then again, Nomura said that Xehanort was a Special Case, too, thus retaining his sense of self. Why wouldn't he mention the others?
Meh, whatever.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
If he assumes it, then that's how it happened. This is what answers look like in KH.

Yeah Praitko I know what you're saying, but think of it THIS way. The Reports are factual. Yes they are written by characters from the game, but the writers and Nomura specifically put them in there. That's where the player gets facts from. So if Nomura had that part included, that's what happened.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Or rather those "pods" where the ones which they used to make their "experiments" on those unfortunate "guinea pigs" they abducted out of Radiant Gardens populace....

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
It was just a computer message. It's probably just connected to the other factory. The message just sounds like instructions, really. It's probably things they like embedded into the emblems' minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back