• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I like/dislike Final Fantasy ____ , and here's why:

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

System Shock

Bronze Member
Awards
Okay, so I had come across this idea while playing XII the other day, so I thought I'd make a thread about it. The question is, is there a bad Final Fantasy game???

I've played IV, VII, IX, X, X-2, and XII. Through all of these though, I personally haven't found a single one that had been bad (graphic differences aside). I know some will disagree, most with how overrated X apparently was, yet I still thought it was an amazing game.

But, I digress. So, does anyone think any of them were just not good? If not, then Final Fantasy has got to be the most consistently great series of games ever! Lol, feedback?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
re: I like/dislike Final Fantasy ____, and here's why:

While I enjoy X-2 and enjoy playing it, it is a bad game in terms of plot and character development.
I've only played VII, Crisis Core, X, X-2 and XII so my answer isn't as wide and varied as others would be

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

I thought XIII was bad but people don't agree with me.

Ralz

While I enjoy X-2 and enjoy playing it, it is a bad game in terms of plot and character development.
I admit, I liked the battle system. I personally think this is the ATB system at its best. Not that XIII didn't do a good job, too.

If people looked at these new FFs as games all their own instead of entries in the FF series, they'd probably appreciate them more. I personally think XIII is being wrongly mistreated, but everyone has their own opinion, of course.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards

I don't call anything bad lightly, as there's usually some redeeming feature. So no. But then thats true of most games.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The only bad FF game is FFXIV only because it shouldn't have existed so soon.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

The only bad FF game is FFXIV only because it shouldn't have existed so soon.

Pretty much.

You know its bad when Square( who have said the don't pay attention to reviews) fired the entire team after XIV got entirely negative reviews.

Ralz

Pretty much.

You know its bad when Square( who have said the don't pay attention to reviews) fired the entire team after XIV got entirely negative reviews.
Ironic, that. They could at least use the feedback as pointers.

State

Awards

Final Fantasy X, overrated? What're you talking about? The only overrated title in the series is Final Fantasy VII, then there comes Final Fantasy V which is underrated. But anyhow, just as how people said, if comparing Final Fantasy titles, you'll gonna hate some things. "This made this game great, that game doesn't have it, it sucks." or "This game is linear, the other had a lot of optional stuff.", really, it's Final Fantasy, the formula is to incorporate new elements to each game. Comparing I to X and XI to XIV, whoever was/were in the development team for both group knew how to incorporate new elements and make the game feel like Final Fantasy.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards

Pretty much.

they should've fired wada. it would've been better this year, but no! he needs more money!

mo money mo problems wada

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net

In my opinion: no. There are some pretty mediocre spinoffs though. In terms of Final Fantasy XIV, I'm going to wait until a certain time until I reserve final judgment. It was released unfinished, so when they take it in the direction they want to take it, I'll accept it on those terms. The "bad" ones are only people's inflated expectations weighed against whatever title they've deified as their favorite.

Also I'm probably the only one here who played FFXIV anyhow. There are a lot of problems, but it's not nearly as bad as mainstream reviews point out.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Most FF games are relatively polished and can be appreciated on their own for the most part. For example: if you're not expecting XIII to be heavy on exploration, you can enjoy it as a fun little visual-novel with combat.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member

you can enjoy it as a fun little visual-novel with combat.

This is my approach to all Final Fantasy games.

I love the series, and in my opinion, there is no 'bad' Final Fantasy; they certainly vary in quality, but none are what I consider bad.

Tatsu

Most of them are actually pretty good and the spinoffs can be average to good but never bad. Yes, even to my surprise the Chocobo Dungeon was fun and challenging with a very odd storyline.

Coeurl

Demon Dance

i think we can all come up to the conclusion that no FF title, at least the main series, is bad. everyone one of them has enough pros to outweigh the cons.

also, based on XII XIII and XIV, every new final fantasy is bad until a new final fantasy is released.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net

The first rule of Final Fantasy: "If it is the newest Final Fantasy, then it is considered the worst Final Fantasy."

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards

tehehe! what are the other rules of final fantasy tony-sempai *u*!?

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

ahaha so kawaii desu desu

The first rule of Final Fantasy: "If it is the newest Final Fantasy, then it is considered the worst Final Fantasy."

this is kinda accurate though it shouldnt be

i probably still wont like ff13 tho

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards

how many times do i have to tell people ONLY ONE DESU

Back